Jack Monroe #65 Green gages and ham

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Only sharing as it looks a bit like Cooper (please forgive me for using a gif). Maybe it is Cooper that reads all the books?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Does anyone else remember (help me out here, frauen - I'm sure it's not just my imagination) that she posted pictures of her bookshelves organised only by the colour of the spines? "god knows where that's gone walkies to"?? You took it for a walk yourself. Bellend.
You are spot on she certainly did do that

Reactions: 14
Does anyone else remember (help me out here, frauen - I'm sure it's not just my imagination) that she posted pictures of her bookshelves organised only by the colour of the spines? "god knows where that's gone walkies to"?? You took it for a walk yourself. Bellend.
Was it not around the time she was doing DKL.

Reactions: 7

Screenshot_20200831-013252_Opera.jpg

EUhPi0OXsAEIo3f.jpeg

EU--wu3WkAImbjL.jpg

0_Jack-Monroe.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
If you look closely, she has a large number of cookbooks in amongst that lot. Where did she get all the money from to buy that lot? She has got more possessions than me and I don't go through life pleading poverty to anyone who will listen. That wooden table looks expensive - it's very solid oak. And yet, she's still got the brass neck to ask for tips and patreon. Unfortunately, as this country goes into recession, she will score out of it because of her niche - going on and on and on about poverty.

"These beauties" as she puts it look very phallic to me. Or maybe it's because it's late. Or maybe I am in heat. Who knows. As for the photo with her hands, here's a suggestion:- Water, soap, nail brush, use, please.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Jeez Louise. The sheer amount of STUFF that woman has. I might be on my own with this opinion but it's really, really strange to me to fill a rental chock full of top of the range items and expensive pieces of furniture. I've rented since I was 18 and have mostly used second hand or freecycled furniture now for 12 years. Truly living frugally. Surely saving for a deposit comes first and forever furniture as I would call it comes after?

Something doesn't add up, as ever. If credit history or debt is what's stopping her it must be fairly recent, would've been sorted by now. Of course, nobody would be gossiping about this sort of stuff if she wasn't always yapping on about not owning a house/problems with her (VERY fancy) rentals 🤷‍♀️. Is it because the house you want to own/where you want to live is too fancy for your budget, Jack? Don't want a starter home, wanna shoot straight for the stars? "Can I crowdfund a house?" Tee hee.

Also, how many times are we gonna have to look at those nik naks through the magnifying glass. This isn't arty Jack, it's shite.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
It's 230am and I have just laughed out loud at this post from @PoorPatrol because I sang it to Boom Boom Boom Boom by Vengaboyz.. and then read the end and realised I had wildly misinterpreted a nursery rhyme rendition 😂😂😂

Also, I forgot who posted them but the "Edinburgh Odds" make me snort too!

ETA just seen @BananaSmith did the same thing 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Jeez Louise. The sheer amount of STUFF that woman has. I might be on my own with this opinion but it's really, really strange to me to fill a rental chock full of top of the range items and expensive pieces of furniture. I've rented since I was 18 and have mostly used second hand or freecycled furniture now for 12 years. Truly living frugally. Surely saving for a deposit comes first and forever furniture as I would call it comes after?

Something doesn't add up, as ever. If credit history or debt is what's stopping her it must be fairly recent, would've been sorted by now. Of course, nobody would be gossiping about this sort of stuff if she wasn't always yapping on about not owning a house/problems with her (VERY fancy) rentals 🤷‍♀️. Is it because the house you want to own/where you want to live is too fancy for your budget, Jack? Don't want a starter home, wanna shoot straight for the stars? "Can I crowdfund a house?" Tee hee.

Also, how many times are we gonna have to look at those nik naks through the magnifying glass. This isn't arty Jack, it's shite.
Too much stuff!

Her house is crammed top to bottom.

This was from a few years ago so she's probably added even more to the collection since.

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 03.34.35.png

Whether it was cheap or not, no-one needs that much stuff, so it's still a waste of money.

Though I noticed a Roberts radio among her colour-coded books, and they don't come cheap. https://www.robertsradio.com/en-gb/retro/revival-mini#REV-MINIMB

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
If you look closely, she has a large number of cookbooks in amongst that lot. Where did she get all the money from to buy that lot? She has got more possessions than me and I don't go through life pleading poverty to anyone who will listen. That wooden table looks expensive - it's very solid oak. And yet, she's still got the brass neck to ask for tips and patreon. Unfortunately, as this country goes into recession, she will score out of it because of her niche - going on and on and on about poverty.
"These beauties" as she puts it look very phallic to me. Or maybe it's because it's late. Or maybe I am in heat. Who knows. As for the photo with her hands, here's a suggestion:- Water, soap, nail brush, use, please.
Another frau that finds her spending mental. It’s almost as if as the world is moving towards a more considered means of consumption she’s moving the complete opposite way?! She’s spending like it’s MTV cribs circa 2002 - I’m half expecting her to unveil a walk in wardrobe next?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Too much stuff!

Her house is crammed top to bottom.

This was from a few years ago so she's probably added even more to the collection since.

View attachment 228251

Whether it was cheap or not, no-one needs that much stuff, so it's still a waste of money.

Though I noticed a Roberts radio among her colour-coded books, and they don't come cheap. https://www.robertsradio.com/en-gb/retro/revival-mini#REV-MINIMB
The thing is that she so desperately wants people to believe her to be poor, her career literally depends on it. Her biggest problem is that she is just so, so arrogant that she absolutely can not stop herself from showing off all of the tit that she has, essentially bragging about how great and exemplary her life is, just with the caveat ‘but never forget, I’m still very poor’ as a qualifying footnote.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Kinda hints at what we've been saying for a while though, money mismanagement.

My friend who is often skint does the same. Her rented house is dirty and crammed full of stuff (not being a cow I love her dearly but it's just fact) It's cheap stuff but it's still stuff.

Buying things fills a hole for her I think. It probably does the same for Jack but Jack's budget is bigger

Reactions: 25
Is it because the house you want to own/where you want to live is too fancy for your budget, Jack?
There just must be some truth in this idea. Imagine her thinking process, for a second: - I want a house. Not one of those crappy little semi detached, defo not an apartment, one like the one I grew up in. It’ll cost 400-500 thousand these days. That’s, what, 15% capital in the uk? (Personally don’t know, have never bought a house in the uk but let’s say 15%) so 60-75 thousand pounds. My guess is that she already has that but can’t get a mortgage due to bad credit/irregular income. So what does she do? She has to save up the whole bleeping sum. That could possibly be the goal here. So when she says ‘I can’t buy a house’ what she may really mean is, ‘I can't buy a house *outright*, am still a couple of hundred thousand pound short, keep those Patreon tips coming in to help a poor soul out. Or put another way, I could buy a house tomorrow but it’s outrageous that I be expected to buy one I don’t want, no no, I offer so much to society that a house befitting my class should be a minimum requirement.

Reactions: 19
There just must be some truth in this idea. Imagine her thinking process, for a second: - I want a house. Not one of those crappy little semi detached, defo not an apartment, one like the one I grew up in. It’ll cost 400-500 thousand these days. That’s, what, 15% capital in the uk? (Personally don’t know, have never bought a house in the uk but let’s say 15%) so 60-75 thousand pounds. My guess is that she already has that but can’t get a mortgage due to bad credit/irregular income. So what does she do? She has to save up the whole bleeping sum. That could possibly be the goal here. So when she says ‘I can’t buy a house’ what she may really mean is, ‘I can't buy a house *outright*, am still a couple of hundred thousand pound short, keep those Patreon tips coming in to help a poor soul out. Or put another way, I could buy a house tomorrow but it’s outrageous that I be expected to buy one I don’t want, no no, I offer so much to society that a house befitting my class should be a minimum requirement.
Tbh I think her problem will be the salary multiplier. It’s what shafts most people & is why it’s so difficult to buy outside of a couple. Largely banks are only willing to lend to 4.5x annual salary (ignoring that 15% of mortgages are allowed to bend the regulations - will get to that at the end). I think she’s looking at properties like her rental, so let’s say £750k? Minus her 10% deposit she’d need a mortgage for £675k, which would require an annual salary of £150k. To get this down she’d need a bigger deposit, or a bigger salary.

As mentioned there are mortgage products (and tbh even lenders) who cover edge cases & there are brokers that would have an initial chat for free. It would just require her saving for a deposit, stamp duty & fees but for some reason she seems hell bent on not doing that?! She’s had so many privileges, years of living subsidised with a millionaire / rich parents / high paying easy work, and yet hasn’t managed? I don’t agree w bashing millennials saying if they stopped buying coffee and £2 avocados they’d own property as it’s clearly not true, but got a small suspicion that 6 £900 Cotswold company pieces / a £400 hammock / thousands in cookbooks aren’t exactly helping the cause are they 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Tbh I think her problem will be the salary multiplier. It’s what shafts most people & is why it’s so difficult to buy outside of a couple. Largely banks are only willing to lend to 4.5x annual salary (ignoring that 15% of mortgages are allowed to bend the regulations - will get to that at the end). I think she’s looking at properties like her rental, so let’s say £750k? Minus her 10% deposit she’d need a mortgage for £675k, which would require an annual salary of £150k. To get this down she’d need a bigger deposit, or a bigger salary.

As mentioned there are mortgage products (and tbh even lenders) who cover edge cases & there are brokers that would have an initial chat for free. It would just require her saving for a deposit, stamp duty & fees but for some reason she seems hell bent on not doing that?! She’s had so many privileges, years of living subsidised with a millionaire / rich parents / high paying easy work, and yet hasn’t managed? I don’t agree w bashing millennials saying if they stopped buying coffee and £2 avocados they’d own property as it’s clearly not true, but got a small suspicion that 6 £900 Cotswold company pieces / a £400 hammock / thousands in cookbooks aren’t exactly helping the cause are they 🥴
Cheers for the uk mortgage explanation, it is somewhat similar here though the deposit is 15%. It wouldn’t be surprising, though, if she already had the deposit (++). Like you say, spending so frivolously as she does, it’s difficult to imagine that she doesn’t have a tit load to fall back on.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 03.34.35.png
Again with the “shabby” little lean-to (see also, crappy little bungalow) - the constant need to reinforce the fallacy that her house isn’t nice/large/expensive/beyond what a lot of people could hope to afford.* twit. (*delete as appropriate)

Reactions: 30
Aw @IndigoStar, your selection makes me think wistfully of @Hunty — she’d have the made the same diagnosis/recommendations. Particularly the Norman Mailer, there ⬆🤣🤣

(Hope @Hunty’s ok , she had chronic head pain, and hasn’t been seen for weeks worryingly )

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.