Jack Monroe #65 Green gages and ham

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yup, that’s what the photo was I shared earlier. All the health visitors used to take them into high schools to try to put folk off smoking
I used black treacle for the tar bit, then some dog ends. It's very realistic

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
What's the pettiest thing that irritates you about JM? I'll go first.
Not petty but her inability to create a simple recipe in its classic form. She can’t just make cottage pie. It has to be cottage pie made with grated Spam, rinsed beans and topped with custard. Toad in the hole would be giant Wotsits instead of sausages and a batter made with yogurt that would definitely thicken up in the oven, thankyou very Matt much, Matt.

For once it would be nice to see a normal recipe that hasn’t been completely fucked in some way.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Seriously, my friend, who very recently passed away, had horrific mouth ulcers from chemo and radiotherapy. He had orajel and another topical gel which alleviated the pain. This woman boils my piss.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Yeah, because writing about something that happened to you A DECADE AGO is that painful that you need a 2 grand water rower & some therapists to help?
Jesus, do none of her followers just cringe at the shameless victim hood, me me me attitude of it all? People are actually living in poverty now, not bleeping around writing about it & making it all about them.
She has zero self awareness.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
If she can’t find a passing bandwagon to jump on, she will grab some coat tails. Not an original thought in her head.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Wondering who the target audience is for this new political memoir. Who will be making a point to buy this aside from the 200-300 or so avid supporters who hang from and reply to her every Tweet? The cookbooks I can understand because many, many people (including myself) were interested in cooking good meals cheaply. Alas, that was not to be.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Two new Insta posts.

View attachment 227160

View attachment 227162

Plenty of pepper.
Who were the other three people she served the potatoes to? She really should tell us. We get it Jack, you've got friends :ROFLMAO:. As for the courgettes, she has cooked them in lemon juice and finished them with orange. What is she meant to be doing? Cooking a simple vegetable or trying to turn them into an ice lolly? How much pepper does this woman go through? There will be a national shortage soon which originated in Southend.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Well, looks like she got the Tattle memo that a food bloggers Insta should pretty much be food pics and not cringy selfies. 👏👏👏

• Haha
Reactions: 33
A 2 metre dining table? Oh, that is so very poverty stricken. Surprised she hasn't told us the bijoux furniture store she got it from. There was me thinking someone as hard up as JM would go into a supermarket and ask them if they had any old cardboard boxes she could staple together to make a table.

Why shouldn't we judge you Jack? You make your money from the public with your grotty cookbooks, tip jar and Patreon begging. If we want to get all judgmental over here, we will.

'Darl'? Must remember to call the bus driver, the postman and the refuse lorry drivers 'Darl'. They'll instantly think I'm a media personality/campaigner.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.