Jack Monroe #65 Green gages and ham

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just found these threads - all I knew about Jack was the Katie Hopkins stuff. Oh and id also seen her proudly serving up some pig swill on daily kitchen live.

I don’t think I have the strength to read 50 threads but think I might pop back to read some edited highlights.

now duck off.
Welcome and good luck, maybe leave a trail of (sourdough) breadcrumbs or tie a Viv (rip) dress around yourself so we can find you around thread #31 ish 😀 now duck off for a piss and a sandwich I am BUSY

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Also she didn’t care too much about her son’s schooling and his friends when she was moving in with Allegra and then moving out.
That particular time in his life sounded traumatic with multiple trains and buses and school changes.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Just found these threads - all I knew about Jack was the Katie Hopkins stuff. Oh and id also seen her proudly serving up some pig swill on daily kitchen live.

I don’t think I have the strength to read 50 threads but think I might pop back to read some edited highlights.

now duck off.
Jack graces us with her presence on thread #31 so I recommend reading that one at least!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I doubt SB goes to a private school. Southend has 4 grammar schools so from my experience a lot of parents tutor their kids as competition to get a place is fierce. Kids living 20/30 miles away will be applying for places. Most schools will also offer after school tuition but that's probably been lost to Covud

They used to take the selection exam in September/October so she's left it a bit late to make a start on this though. And surely she would have been having these conversations at parents evenings last year?

So don't ask Twitter if your kid should apply. Ask his teachers what they think.

Reactions: 21
I really hope she thinks twice about the tweets about SB and deletes them, I feel unsettled because I’ve seen them, let alone people who actually know them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
The ancestors of modern chickens only laid two clutches of eggs per year. They didn’t ever lay an egg a day. If that was the case they would have constantly had chicks at all different stages of development, which would be impossible to care for.

Modern chickens have been selectively bred to lay eggs constantly, which is a huge strain on their bodies. The calcium used in creating eggs leaves their bones fragile and prone to injury, and they are prone to developing cloacal prolapse (the cloaca is the orifice from which birds lay eggs, and poo).

• Sad
Reactions: 11
One of my biggest pet peeves is when parents blindly and disrespectfully share the private details of their child's life via social media. As someone who claims she grew up in a household with a number of foster siblings, you would expect JM to be more mindful and aware of her own child's rights to privacy and how to respect it. It all feels so very cold. Almost like a punctuation mark in her tweets, flippantly thrown out there with no regard for the future ramifications. The blatant fact is that her son has no control over these posts and never will be able to have them removed. I question if they are factual but regardless, she is putting his personality and life out there for him to be known in the way she wants, whether he likes it or not.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
“Bear in mind I have severe adult ADHD across all tested areas”.

“Across all tested areas” is not a thing. She has no idea about the diagnostic process. Liar.

• Wow
Reactions: 43
how many exam conditions has this kid experienced to Make her so sure he struggles in them? I’m assuming he goes to a state school, the only thing even remotely involving an exam condition would have been the year 2 SATs?
They still have grammar schools in that region hence the 11+exam

Reactions: 4
Living in a country where children have been back at school for 3 weeks, believe me many precautions have been put in place. She is just stirring up an emotive subject and stressing people out.

You can buy school uniforms in Aldi and Lidl, she would be better helping them promote this to people struggling to buy for their children. We have lots of posts every day on our school FB page with people handing down pieces of uniforms. I get the feeling she takes a sadistic glee winding people up. I’m saying nothing about SB as she’s said enough already

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Ah so the point of this whole chain of tweets is to brag about coming 86 out of 5000...suddenly its all so clear! Also is she saying that if you don’t send your kid to a selective school they are doomed to only follow a vocational career path?!
Do they really tell you where you came out of those that took the exam? When I took it, a long, long, long time ago, you got told whether you were successful or not. I vaguely remember they told you what your score was, but not where in the pecking order you came.

She is really getting on my wick today. All this rubbish about the book that she:-
1 Has a written manuscript ready to submit.
2 Hasn't written she needs to carry out research by asking people for their stories.
3 Might write once she has read what others have written in her vast library of books.
4 Will write as she has a 40 day deadline.
It is all nonsense.

1 If the manuscript is ready to submit, submit it.
2 If it is to be full of peoples experiences of poverty, it is nothing new and will achieve nothing.
3 If it is to be full of quotes from previous works, it is nothing new and unless correctly accredited will be plagiarism.
4 If it has to be completed in 40 days and she has yet to start it, it will be worthless.

I could probably write it for her, the first chapter will be:-
Myriad of jobs, Fire service, single parent, made to leave job, draughty flat, no money, no food, hungry child, selling everything, prostitution, howling, wailing, ailments, trans, non binary, discrimination, domestic violence, renting crappy bungalow etc etc.
Then a couple of pages of other peoples experiences, which will in no way be as bad as hers, just to drive home that she has had it worse than anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
“Bear in mind I have severe adult ADHD across all tested areas”.

“Across all tested areas” is not a thing. She has no idea about the diagnostic process. Liar.
I have very little knowledge/experience in that area but that line didn’t read correctly to me.
Maybe she’s just done a Buzzfeed “choose 3 desserts and we’ll tell you if you have ADHD” style quiz so she has been tested in all areas NOW. Of course it has come out as severe too.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
If that is the even true, doesn't it mean that there were 85 girls in her year alone that were brighter than her. And she has never struck me as much more than quite bright.

And she has his dad to bounce this tit off, considering they co parent so well.
The 11+ numbers are all those that took the exam from across the borough and beyond its not just for one school either. Southend has two grammar schools across 4 sites.

Reactions: 7
Do they really tell you where you came out of those that took the exam?
That’s one truth from our Jackie, she would have sat it in the same place as me a year previously. I was told I missed a place by 2. A friend of mine came in the top 10 but she’s a super smarty pants!

Reactions: 7
Please don't View attachment 228776View attachment 228777

How poor is poor Jack? So poor that she could only afford a trip to Edinburgh, and designer furniture, white goods and clothes. And she only has 2 smartphones, plus all the other phones. But she's far too poor to pay for a tutor for the boy who actually spends most of his time at his dad's.
I'm sorry I can't remember who said it earlier but I agree that it appears she is gearing up to announce that he will be living with his dad permanently.
Hi @MrsOgre it was me! I know I'm coming across conspiratorial, but i can feel it in my bones....!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I wonder if all her drama about the burn out etc has actually come from this book deadline approaching and her growing awareness that it will be IMPOSSIBLE to do a good job in the time left.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.