Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How can you think about owning and running a restaurant, when you claim you can't even afford to pay your rent and bills? When you don't show the importance of hygiene around food? When you're so flaky that you can't commit to anything you do for longer that a day? When you tell anyone who doesn't agree with you to duck off?

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Literary fraus - if someone writes an autobiography do their publishers have a responsibility to fact check it or not?
Yes, they do. But quite often they don't or it's done badly. Hence scandals like 'A million little pieces'.

Reactions: 12
Hi Jack! 👋 Some excellent points have already been made to you tonight but here's a few more.

1. When was the last time you updated your Patreon? Looks like it was over 3 weeks ago. I do hope you're at least prepping those photocards for next month. It's very deceitful otherwise. If you're only updating it very sporadically then you're breaking the terms of your page. It's no better than an illegal MLM scheme, morally in my eyes.

2. My Uncle owned a small cafe and didnt have any time off longer than one day aside from 5 days at Christmas each year for two decades. And no, a day of work for him did not include scrawling through twitter and experimenting with weird jams. It's backbreaking work. Can you do that? Don't insult restaurant and cafe owners like its something easy you can pick up. And a couple of shifts in an ex girlfriends cafe don't count.

3. If you're doing *whispers* Waitrose shops then don't you bleeping dare beg your followers via Patreon.

4. @heretoreaditall2019 is as ever, correct. Your social is all over the place. Google the social media marketing funnel for the love of Michael.

5. Wash your damn nails.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
How can you "give zero fucks" and yet have "crippling anxiety and insecuritiy"? They are diametric oposisites. It makes no sense whatsoever.
If you are special enough, you can.
If you're lacking in logical reasoning, you can.
You can be everything. NOW.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The Richard Osman book doesn’t come out for two weeks so presumably she has a pre-publication freebie that came our this week. How is she on her second reading when she ‘works‘ 20 hours a day - by her own definition - and seems to spend the rest of the time on social media being passive aggressive / starting pile ins?? She truly is gifted......

T
2A08979A-5114-4577-8A3A-26B23664ABA9.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I would dearly love her to open a restaurant only for Gordon Ramsay to turn up to film Hell's Kitchen there. What great telly that would be! 😂
Oh can you IMAGINE? The overflowing bins, the slop in various stages of decay, the many fire hazards, Jack in the kitchen telling all her staff to duck OFF because she's BUSY. In all seriousness though, she doesn't have a bleeping CLUE about what it means to run a restaurant, it's just the usual romantic fantasy of people with more money than sense. And Christ, we're in the middle of an actual pandemic Jackie, luv.

Abhhh shudders, she’s like a Victorian ghost child living in your wall insulation
Can't stop laughing at this. I don't think I will *ever* stop laughing at this.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Why did her grandad put jam on a ham sandwich? It's been bothering me for a bit now. Or did I read it wrong. I'm sure she said that he put ham and jam on a bread roll
Cheese and jam is called “a miner’s piece”, up here in Fife. Not something I would ever eat but popular with older generations. Never heard of ham and jam like.

• Sick
Reactions: 15
Feels like a Shaggy song.

Jack caught them on the counter (It was beans)
Saw them hangin' on the hammock (It was beans)
She even had them in the shower (It was beans)
She even caught them on camera (It was beans)
I won’t, because unlike some I don’t like breaking the rules, but all these songs make me want to do a Twitter thread #MakeASongJack ...

Reactions: 6
How can you "give zero fucks" and yet have "crippling anxiety and insecuritiy"? They are diametric oposisites. It makes no sense whatsoever.
Excuse the self quote, but what gives me crippling anxiety is when someone quotes me and I realise I have made a spelling mistake. Especially when it is too late to edit. 😂

What on earth are oposisites and insecuritiy?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
She's doubled her foodim posts overnight, going from 6 posts to 12. The 6 new posts consist of : 3 pics of raw borlotti beans, 1 pic of them pickled in a mug, and 2 pics of her risotto, from 2 different angles. So that's 6 pics to document 1 meal.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Hi Jack! 👋 Some excellent points have already been made to you tonight but here's a few more.

1. When was the last time you updated your Patreon? Looks like it was over 3 weeks ago. I do hope you're at least prepping those photocards for next month. It's very deceitful otherwise. If you're only updating it very sporadically then you're breaking the terms of your page. It's no better than an illegal MLM scheme, morally in my eyes.

2. My Uncle owned a small cafe and didnt have any time off longer than one day aside from 5 days at Christmas each year for two decades. And no, a day of work for him did not include scrawling through twitter and experimenting with weird jams. It's backbreaking work. Can you do that? Don't insult restaurant and cafe owners like its something easy you can pick up. And a couple of shifts in an ex girlfriends cafe don't count.

3. If you're doing *whispers* Waitrose shops then don't you bleeping dare beg your followers via Patreon.

4. @heretoreaditall2019 is as ever, correct. Your social is all over the place. Google the social media marketing funnel for the love of Michael.

5. Wash your damn nails.
My old boss worked seven days a week and only took off Christmas and New year. She had the occasional holiday in which her daughter took over the running of the place but that didn't happen very often at all.
She never got a break and her relationship s suffered alot.

Reactions: 10
The Instagram posts yesterday didn't get many comments. The first one got the most and then I guess people got bored. The first got 135 comments and the last one got 16. 11 pictures in total.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
The Instagram posts yesterday didn't get many comments. The first one got the most and then I guess people got bored. The first got 135 comments and the last one got 16. 11 pictures in total.
Not surprised, has she never heard of the multiple image post feature?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Gizzi & Miguel got just over 1000 views for their tinned food collaboration. Proper getting up in her niche.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.