Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Excuse the self quote, but what gives me crippling anxiety is when someone quotes me and I realise I have made a spelling mistake. Especially when it is too late to edit. šŸ˜‚

What on earth are oposisites and insecuritiy?
Something dear Jack will try to trademark at some point, no doubt.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Gizzi & Miguel got just over 1000 views for their tinned food collaboration. Proper getting up in her niche.
Just been on Miguelā€™s insta, couldnā€™t see the tin can thing however this little video recipe is exactly what Jack should be creating, short, sweet, simple and features his books. No long intro about all the jobs heā€™s ever done (or not done) itā€™s just about the food! Even the caption is simple, no OTT flowery language using too many adjectives. This is why heā€™s getting all the opportunities.

Does anyone know if Jack has interacted with any of the tin can food stuff, or anything Miguel posts? Because I reckon sheā€™s seething with jealousy. I think thatā€™s why sheā€™s only just followed Marcus Rashford because it was eating her up watching all these people excel.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
You know Jack's been cooking when you wake up to 6 new pages and plough through them just adding the šŸ¤¢ react to every post...

PS No Jack, you don't test your recipes before posting them. See last week's "perfect first time" lemon slop - and baking needs more testing than any other cooking. You have also explicitly stated before that everything you make turns out perfect first time, because you are autistic. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Gizzi & Miguel got just over 1000 views for their tinned food collaboration. Proper getting up in her niche.
Thatā€™s 10 x her viewership! Admitedly there are two of them but imagine they have a significant cross over in audience? Hellmanā€™s must be kicking themselves, at least they have that fabulous training video on overcoming adversity out of it šŸ„“

• Haha
Reactions: 22
RE Miguel - a couple of years ago she tried changing her twitter (and insta) handle to one pound dinners but people told her about Miguel (she was getting in his niche!) I tried finding the tweets telling her but couldnā€™t. But you can see the name changes on insta.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Thatā€™s 10 x her viewership! Admitedly there are two of them but imagine they have a significant cross over in audience? Hellmanā€™s must be kicking themselves, at least they have that fabulous training video on overcoming adversity out of it šŸ„“
I'm sure they'll be thrilled to have paid someone a 5 figure salary to further her ~personal growth~.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
The collab is on the lovecannedfood and batchelorspeas accounts. So they could have got way more viewers had it been posted on their own accounts. Our Jackie did the Hellmanā€™s shitshow on her own account and most of her small viewership was us!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Restaurant? Hilarious. Presumably she's going to be the one cooking?
Good friend has a pub/Restaurant. She is a chef with 30 years experience plus TRAINING. Her husband managed very high end bars and restaurants all over the world and is a trained sommelier. They saved for years for their own place and were terrified about doing it because the industry is so fragile (especially at the moment)
They work bloody hard. Sometimes they actually do work 20 hours a day and that doesn't mean they were twatting around on Twitter. They work Christmas and New Year. They have to work when they are ill. They also have a young family.
But they love it. They adore food/hospitality.
Jack, (hi JackšŸ™‹ā€ā™€ļø) you've got no bleeping idea.
You can't get portion sizes right for one person let alone a restaurant with countless covers.
If someone sends their food back because they 'don't like the colour of these tomatoes' as happened to my friend, you have be polite, apologise and replace it. Then laugh about them in the bar afterwards. You can't tell them to 'duck off' or kick them in the shins or shout 'SHE LEFT' which is how you normally deal with people who question you.
You have to follow hygiene laws to the letter. If you get inspected by the council and your finger nails look like that you'd be shut down. I'm not being cruel, but handwashing was necessary even before Covid.
I could go on but this is long enough!
Just. Don't. Open. A. Restaurant.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Cheese and jam is called ā€œa minerā€™s pieceā€, up here in Fife. Not something I would ever eat but popular with older generations. Never heard of ham and jam like.
Cheese and jam is fine, or daughter used to eat it. Just never heard its ham and jam. It's like being on a Dr Seuss book

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Restaurant? Hilarious. Presumably she's going to be the one cooking?
Good friend has a pub/Restaurant. She is a chef with 30 years experience plus TRAINING. Her husband managed very high end bars and restaurants all over the world and is a trained sommelier. They saved for years for their own place and were terrified about doing it because the industry is so fragile (especially at the moment)
They work bloody hard. Sometimes they actually do work 20 hours a day and that doesn't mean they were twatting around on Twitter. They work Christmas and New Year. They have to work when they are ill. They also have a young family.
But they love it. They adore food/hospitality.
Jack, (hi JackšŸ™‹ā€ā™€ļø) you've got no bleeping idea.
You can't get portion sizes right for one person let alone a restaurant with countless covers.
If someone sends their food back because they 'don't like the colour of these tomatoes' as happened to my friend, you have be polite, apologise and replace it. Then laugh about them in the bar afterwards. You can't tell them to 'duck off' or kick them in the shins or shout 'SHE LEFT' which is how you normally deal with people who question you.
You have to follow hygiene laws to the letter. If you get inspected by the council and your finger nails look like that you'd be shut down. I'm not being cruel, but handwashing was necessary even before Covid.
I could go on but this is long enough!
Just. Don't. Open. A. Restaurant.
I don't think she ever would. It's just for social media attention. So somebody will point the above or similar out and she can angrily assert that she works 20 hour days now etc.

Reactions: 18
Why doesn't she do a year, year in a half in a proper busy kitchen actually working the hellish shifts that most chefs have to do then decide if she wants to add to that and actually run the whole place. It's no picnic. I also want to edit my further post to say my boss took off Christmas day as her cafe didn't really fit in with Christmas dinners it was more pub grub minus the pub.

Reactions: 12
Talk me out of it but most importantly, DONT YOU DARE talk me out of it

also what a load of absolute tit. Why do none of her followers question these outright lies?!
733F9F61-5109-4379-BAEC-7217C39ECE34.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I was sent the Richard Osman book on Kindle (it's very good) - I get books via NetGalley then review them on Amazon and Goodreads. E-arcs cost nothing really so I can understand publishers sending loads out, but she gets the proper books - why? She doesn't 'blurb' them because she's not a fiction author so her quotes don't go on anyone's covers. She doesn't do proper reviews - a photo and saying she's read something twice is actually as good as it gets. So why is her editor/agent indulging her? UGH.

Loving her plan to open a restaurant. Sure. That would go SO well.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.