Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And the using any rice thing - god she is such a bleeping bore. Risotto rice is hardly much more expensive. Would you serve curry with risotto rice jack? Actually don’t answer that, she probably would.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
How long has it been since she has actually worked? (Using that term in a very loose sense..) how long ago was Edinburgh?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
And the using any rice thing - god she is such a bleeping bore. Risotto rice is hardly much more expensive. Would you serve curry with risotto rice jack? Actually don’t answer that, she probably would.
If you did feel the need to substitute the rice, surely pudding rice would be a closer match.

Reactions: 11
I know, you get risotto rice in my local Aldi, it’s hardly like trying to buy bloody wagyu beef 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 32
She’s been down the seafront again with her big pockets, hasn’t she? Don’t tell she hasn’t just cooked up a big bowl of bulb seaweed:
514C22D7-AC98-4507-BD65-94F513706C38.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
Literally everything she's made in months has been the first thing she's cooked that makes her feel like herself again. I'm pretty sure it's been going on since at least the mayo days.

Also: people have been telling her for eight years now that long grain rice does not make a risotto. That's fine. It's a different dish. But if you invited me for fish and chips, and instead of a battered white fillet you gave me steamed salmon, I would raise an eyebrow. Words have meanings, Jack, and your ignorance about other countries' cuisine is a bleeping weird hill to want to die on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I post recipes on my insta (failed attempt at gaining a following as food insta account - I don’t have particularly good self-promotional skills). It takes about 10 minutes to write up a recipe, I dunno why she always acts like it’s such a big deal 🤷‍♀️.
Well it takes a week to check the cost of international post,

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.