Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For those fraus with a student/academic login, lexislibrary is well worth a look for details on the kh court case. The judge basically says the whole thing could have... turned on a sixpence, and Mackie would have been liable for the £100,000 costs. But i reckon the tip jar could cover it. Also....am watching family guy...they have Heart singing "these beans...go on...when I close my eyes". Oh, Heart, they do. They really do

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Canned mac & cheese is nothing short of horrific, sorry. Many great things are available in cans, mac & cheese is not one. Considering a box of pasta with the cheese sauce powder included is less than £1 and is perfectly edible (in fact, I bloody love it). In general, if you can't bear to boil a bit of pasta and grate a bit of cheese on top for your child, send him to dads

• Haha
Reactions: 24
@MancBee thats so awful. I had no idea that could happen. I hope his other eye continues to heal ❤
Unfortunately it was a couple of years ago, and it will never get better. It is very likely to get worse in the next few years, but he has 6 monthly eye tests and with luck will retain some sight. It has made both of our families aware of the importance of hand cleanliness long before covid.

Has R Jackie learned nothing in this pandemic? Hand cleanliness is more important now than ever. It is constantly reinforced on all sources of media. Dirty hands are not only disgusting, they are a danger to public health. She should know, being immunocompromised and all her ailments.

ETA, another late night, all these pages to catch up on!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I thought she just published a book about good food for bad days? Yet she’s just admitted that she makes a fish finger/Mac n cheese/frozen veg combo?
So the recipes in her book are too complex to make when you’re having a bad day? Or are they so disgusting that the aforementioned abomination is actually a better option?

I am very sad about the risotto. I love risotto. What she has presented is not a bleeping risotto. It looks like someone has poured bright purple chemicals over some sloppy overcooked long grain rice.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Christ! I hope you had carnal knowledge of him, he sounds amazing! Like Michael Douglas in Romancing the Stone 😂
Seeing as the Tattle servers are apparently in the US, I'm pleading the Fifth....

He also had a Lieutenant Commander MARCHED in to see him on a disciplinary; anyone with military connections will know how joyous that is.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This winds me up. Nigella has written a squillion books, filled with recipes, and she will always tell her followers which book it is in/series it is from. I imagine because she enjoys writing recipes, perfecting them and then whittling them down to decent ones and including them in her books? For JM it seems to be variations on slop, and therefore much harder to remember which one came from where. How long would it actually take her to find the recipe and then signpost a fan where to find it?

now I’m annoyed at how annoyed I am!😡😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
That stuff’s about £13 for a jar and once it’s open you have to use it within 6 weeks, so I’m not it is that great value TBH. (Also, it’s a reduction so wouldn’t it still contain alcohol? Not sure on that one).
I shop at approved foods, it will be a couple of quid at most. I've had stuff that should have been 20 quid for a pound.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
If she can eat that in a single sitting she is a greedy goblin. I don't tend to comment on portion sizes as it's none of my bloody business, but that's just crazy. There's more than a coffee cup of rice there, morelike a mugs worth
🙋🏻‍♀️ greedy goblin. I love rice and definitely eat too much of it 😂🐷🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.