Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @JoyceDivision for the thread title! Your first? 50 reactions šŸŽ‰
Full title:
Sheā€™s got one hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one is playing the piano

Recap of thread #63

šŸŽ¶ Jackā€™s going out. She wants the world to know, got to let the Cotswold show šŸŽµ

Oh Boy, she went out dressed to the nines to eat two meals, complete with a fetching cap and what looked to be a new teething necklace.

Sheā€™s been gifted some colourful Tiggy and Bo handbags that can achieve unheard of things for a handbag, such as carrying around multiple possessions. The bags also look bright enough to be used as some sort of beacon, or as an alert for help if lost while hiking.

She demonstrated her encyclopaedic knowledge of the Harvester salad bar menu, while at the same time warning of her potential judgment of choices - a thrilling ride if there ever was one. No update on whether or not sheā€™s found her old name badge yet.

For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ā€˜s ā€˜Jack for Dummiesā€™ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack v Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread no 31 is the infamous thread on which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on page 17.

For anyone wanting to re-live the glory days of her 2 week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL): Threads 2-9

*** JACKISMS ***

Jackā€™s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

ā€˜Babe, sameā€™

ā€˜I did a chaosā€™

ā€˜My maverick brainā€™

ā€˜My sad little faceā€™

ā€˜Iā€™m BUSYā€™

ā€˜I HOOTED / I am FIZZINGā€™

ā€˜I laughed up a lungā€™
šŸ„“
One of Jackā€™s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfrausā„¢ļø. *She also recently referred to us as ā€˜gossip mavensā€™ (so, we are gossip trusted experts)*

To ā€˜GrunkaLunkaā€™ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time.

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts to intimidate us, so thatā€™s what we mean by that.

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that itā€™s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ā€˜RIP Vivā€™ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putinā€™s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ā€˜horse spunkā€™ - there may be some horse ā€˜spiritā€™ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ā€˜Thank you so Matt much, Mattā€™, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ā€˜Now duck offā€™. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jackā€™s own genteel humour.

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5 bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a Ā£4.5k Omega watch for her 21st
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jackā€™s words: ā€˜She [Louisa] leftā€™.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ā€˜It just does.ā€™

Here is a link to Jackā€™s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ā€˜Terrible!ā€™ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ā€˜s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we donā€™t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Hmmm, she's doing an awful lot of 'influencing' (with most of it not being actual influencing) - Boy hat, those bags, Harvester, Biscoff, this cat carrier thing. Is she just hoping one of these brands will swoop in with a sponsorship deal? I feel like she'll run out of things to promote soon; not sure her follower demographic will relate to:

What's your favourite position to lounge in your Ā£399 hammock?
What drawers do you use for what in your Cotswold Company sideboard?
Which setting is your favourite on your Dyson fan?
Which shelf of your smeg do you keep your yellow sticker chicken?

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Congratulations to @JoyceDivision for the thread title! Your first? 50 reactions šŸŽ‰
Full title:
Sheā€™s got one hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one is playing the piano

Recap of thread #63

šŸŽ¶ Jackā€™s going out. She wants the world to know, got to let the Cotswold show šŸŽµ

Oh Boy, she went out dressed to the nines to eat two meals, complete with a fetching cap and what looked to be a new teething necklace.

Sheā€™s been gifted some colourful Tiggy and Bo handbags that can achieve unheard of things for a handbag, such as carrying around multiple possessions. The bags also look bright enough to be used as some sort of beacon, or as an alert for help if lost while hiking.

She demonstrated her encyclopaedic knowledge of the Harvester salad bar menu, while at the same time warning of her potential judgment of choices - a thrilling ride if there ever was one. No update on whether or not sheā€™s found her old name badge yet.

For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ā€˜s ā€˜Jack for Dummiesā€™ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack v Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread no 31 is the infamous thread on which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on page 17.

For anyone wanting to re-live the glory days of her 2 week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL): Threads 2-9

*** JACKISMS ***

Jackā€™s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

ā€˜Babe, sameā€™

ā€˜I did a chaosā€™

ā€˜My maverick brainā€™

ā€˜My sad little faceā€™

ā€˜Iā€™m BUSYā€™

ā€˜I HOOTED / I am FIZZINGā€™

ā€˜I laughed up a lungā€™
šŸ„“
One of Jackā€™s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfrausā„¢ļø. *She also recently referred to us as ā€˜gossip mavensā€™ (so, we are gossip trusted experts)*

To ā€˜GrunkaLunkaā€™ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time.

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts to intimidate us, so thatā€™s what we mean by that.

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that itā€™s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ā€˜RIP Vivā€™ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putinā€™s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ā€˜horse spunkā€™ - there may be some horse ā€˜spiritā€™ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ā€˜Thank you so Matt much, Mattā€™, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ā€˜Now duck offā€™. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jackā€™s own genteel humour.

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5 bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a Ā£4.5k Omega watch for her 21st
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jackā€™s words: ā€˜She [Louisa] leftā€™.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ā€˜It just does.ā€™

Here is a link to Jackā€™s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ā€˜Terrible!ā€™ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ā€˜s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we donā€™t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.
How have you not been given a weekly mag column yet with write ups like these šŸ˜‚

Honorary mention to the frau that managed to triangulate the hammock, without so much as its IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) ! x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Good morning canal of filthy trolls. I have woken up refreshed and cured of my Jack Monroe pity. So my question for this morning is.... Did she post that she was travelling 40 miles for meals at 2 restaurants and also give a preview of her outfit in the hope she'd get papped??? Or was it just a message to Louisa?

The incident on the train, I honestly don't understand why she tweets stuff like that. Obviously it must've been really scary and upsetting (if it happened šŸ¤”) but surely you would text a friend or family member and tell them, not just shout it into the abyss. It's also quite an upsetting and triggery topic to be randomly blurting out.

• Heart
  • Haha
How have you not been given a weekly mag column yet with write ups like these šŸ˜‚

Honorary mention to the frau that managed to triangulate the hammock, without so much as its IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) ! x
These recaps are like my creative outlet šŸ˜‚

The frau responsible for the hammock triangulation would be @instacharlie - brava that maven. Excellent detecting skills. Perhaps @Harrybosch will let you into her task force.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Woohoo celebrating my first year cancer free and my first thread title, this week has been BUSY!

Such an honour, thanks very Matt much šŸ˜˜

• Heart
Reactions: 118
And shurely thereā€™s no need to announce that youā€™re not going to post the assault footage on Twitter šŸ™„, as youā€™ve given it to the police ā€” as if Twitter postings are the single most important thing in the Universe ...
Did any of the Jacolytes even ask to see it?

Itā€™s all kinds of fucked up priorities that this would even be a consideration ā€” unless police themselves wanted to publish some pictures for ID purposes. head.

Reactions: 30
Good morning canal of filthy trolls. I have woken up refreshed and cured of my Jack Monroe pity. So my question for this morning is.... Did she post that she was travelling 40 miles for meals at 2 restaurants and also give a preview of her outfit in the hope she'd get papped??? Or was it just a message to Louisa?

The incident on the train, I honestly don't understand why she tweets stuff like that. Obviously it must've been really scary and upsetting (if it happened šŸ¤”) but surely you would text a friend or family member and tell them, not just shout it into the abyss. It's also quite an upsetting and triggery topic to be randomly blurting out.
Oh, big time - itā€™s like she wanted to post about it to her hundreds of thousands of followers long enough for the drama. Why tweet it? So irresponsible. Witnessing a violent assault on a train home isnā€™t the same as a Biscoff spread poll, is it?
I understand that she was shaken, but FFS. Text one of your many dear friends instead.

Reactions: 25
I honestly don't know why she felt the need to share what she had witnessed with anyone other than the police. It's a police matter, so she did her part and rang them and gave over her evidence I hope. Will that mean will be minus phones for a few weeks?
Whilst investigation is ongoing surely you cannot just WhatsApp the police.

I don't know I've only ever given a statement a few times for incidents on the street that I only seen parts of or not seen at all.

Oh, big time - itā€™s like she wanted to post about it to her hundreds of thousands of followers long enough for the drama. Why tweet it? So irresponsible. Witnessing a violent assault on a train home isnā€™t the same as a Biscoff spread poll, is it?
I understand that she was shaken, but FFS. Text one of your many dear friends instead.
It's certainly a story for the person she may have been on a date with?

Guess what happened to me on the way home.

Reactions: 16
I honestly don't know why she felt the need to share what she had witnessed with anyone other than the police. It's a police matter, so she did her part and rang them and gave over her evidence I hope. Will that mean will be minus phones for a few weeks?
Whilst investigation is ongoing surely you cannot just WhatsApp the police.

I don't know I've only ever given a statement a few times for incidents on the street that I only seen parts of or not seen at all.

It's certainly a story for the person she may have been on a date with?

Guess what happened to me on the way home.
You can just email them with any evidence, it's really easy.

I still find it odd that she's carting about 2 phones. Why??

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Probably because it didn't happen people might not believe it.

Although when somebody's getting a kicking, I'd completely believe that the shin kicker, brother puncher and all round 5'2" and about 7 and a half stone Nemesis of toxic masculinity sat there like a quiet little mouse and sat in silence in case they noticed her filmed everything and also phoned the police from the safety of about five foot away.

Nah, self preservation 101. Don't make yourself noticeable or a potential threat to the arseholes. Keep your head down, retreat if at all possible. Claim that you in fact did all you could to save the poor child short of getting a kicking yourself. Provide first aid after the event if it's safe for you to do so.

Reactions: 20
She surely is a TrainTroubleMagnet ...
This is so true! If sheā€™s not falling under it, sheā€™s kicking shins of unsuspecting men who bid her good morning, or sheā€™s publicly slating a rail firm for seating people too close together and now sheā€™s witnessing an assault.

šŸŽ¶ Sheā€™s leaving....on the midnight train to traumašŸŽ¶

Iā€™d get the bus love.

• Haha
  • Heart
Sorry, did you all miss that Jack posted the word LEGOS?? In plural??

This is the worst thing she has ever done, and I can only hope she will be banned from Denmark for life.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
This is so true! If sheā€™s not falling under it, sheā€™s kicking shins of unsuspecting men who bid her good morning, or sheā€™s publicly slating a rail firm for seating people too close together and now sheā€™s witnessing an assault.

Iā€™d get the bus love.
Don't forget when she got trapped in a train with the lights turned out and had to rage tweet an innocent employee.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.