Jack Monroe #61 Complete, made up, fanciful nuclear-level bollocks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am aghast at her advice in cooking on a bootstrap. I don't even know where to begin. Why would you need to sweeten up a butterbean for it to imitate chicken? Why would you expect slow cooked beans to turn into anything other than mush? How the bleeping duck are basil, parsley, mint and chives interchangeable?! Also note that apparently coriander was one of her only used herbs back then..
Keeps ... coriander ... in the freezer. Hmmmm

• Sick
Reactions: 12
I am aghast at her advice in cooking on a bootstrap. I don't even know where to begin. Why would you need to sweeten up a butterbean for it to imitate chicken? Why would you expect slow cooked beans to turn into anything other than mush? How the bleeping duck are basil, parsley, mint and chives interchangeable?! Also note that apparently coriander was one of her only used herbs back then..
Funny you don’t see many butterbean roasts on IG on a Sunday.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So she likes her pasta nursery soft, and she likes rice to fall apart in her mouth *gag*

Fraus, do we think perhaps Jack actually doesn't have any teeth? It would explain so much!

View attachment 217089
Honestly, how is a risotto with short grain rice a "restaurant wow experience" and something that can ~blow your budget~? Seriously?

Keeps ... coriander ... in the freezer. Hmmmm
I've done this before but purely for making carrot and coriander soup, it's absolutely fine for that but not for adding 'fresh' to anything.

Honestly, how is a risotto with short grain rice a "restaurant wow experience" and something that can ~blow your budget~? Seriously?

I've done this before but purely for making carrot and coriander soup, it's absolutely fine for that but not for adding 'fresh' to anything.
I was more dubious of her wanting to keep stores of the devil’s herb, seeing as she professes to dislike it sometimes and now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Ruby Tandoh was on GBBO, not R Jackie!
Phew, how did I miss you guys were talking about ruby? Or as Giles coren calls her former fashion model and Bake Off contestant turned Corbynite witchfinder general

thread title
herbs sbwerbs all interchangeable when you're cooking slop

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I was more dubious of her wanting to keep stores of the devil’s herb, seeing as she professes to dislike it sometimes and now 😂
Oh lord, sorry, I forgot about that! It's hard to keep up with her constant contradictions weird little brain!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She’ll be professing her hate of pineapple on pizza next or some other completely unoriginal “controversial” opinion. Yawn!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Coriander is just another small and irritating inconsistency of which there are so many with Jack. OK, you might keep some at home for other people you are cooking for...but don't fill a recipe with it and tell us you tried it and it's delicious. Puh lease

• Haha
Ahhh, I love it when Jack stops torturing cats and rubbing her unruly labia all over her sideboards, and just focuses on food...because she's so hilariously bad at it. Simmering pasta. Interchangeable herbs. Bread recipes without salt.

It's INSANE that she has made a career from this. She knows less than an enthusiastic amateur. Hell, she knows less than most unenthusiastic amateurs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Why does everything have to be soft?! I just looked on her website to see if any of her recipes have any texture AT ALL. But the ads were covering the drop down menu so I couldn't 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Why does everything have to be soft?! I just looked on her website to see if any of her recipes have any texture AT ALL. But the ads were covering the drop down menu so I couldn't 😂.
Cos she’s just a widdle baby who needs her nursery soft food 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.