Jack Monroe #61 Complete, made up, fanciful nuclear-level bollocks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@JoyceDivision your food looks lovely! A million times better than Jackie slop.

Sound cutting out (Louisa's fault)
Internet going off (Louisa's fault)
Feedback (Louisa's fault)
Talking over people because of a slight delay (Louisa's fault)
Being tit at everything (Louisa's fault)
A very accurate summary of how it went!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I just love your profile picture (and most that have someone with a fag on) plus the fact that your username is so long that it looks like Transvetit :ROFLMAO: Back on topic regarding the barmy bullying accusations, I was always skinny, not short, and have never been bullied about it. Being called a stick insect or told that no one will fancy you is not bullying, it's a sign that the other person is unhappy. To equate being obese or overweight and all the health issues and suffering that goes with it is crass. I do understand that our words can be misconstrued at times, mind.

Back to our lassie, she kept posting about visiting a slaughter house but I can't find any evidence of it?
Glad I'm not the only one ogling that photo. In my teens I was absolutely obsessed with Tim Curry in RHPS and that photo is bringing up all kinds of long forgotten feelings :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Does she not know you say to the outside off the yellow line?
I really HAVE to see this recipe ....
Get that book plugged pet. Any questions refer to your books. Always pitching for a sale. There are other better books dear reader, but she wouldn't want to give that info away

Reactions: 7
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I found it, and apparently so! She doesn't use any of the pasta water, it's gonna be dry as duck!

ETA - who covers the pan when making spaghetti?? WHAT??
Nursery soft pasta? No pasta water? Any hard strong cheese? In the words of Jack: hggggnnnnnhhhhhhh

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
I am speaking from recent experience here, whilst benefits do not provide nearly enough, it does provide some money. The way she speaks it is as if there was no money. She had food from food banks, so what was she actually spending her benefits on? There was nothing at all left for electric, heating or daily things like milk, so where did she spend her job seekers and child benefit.

I am aware that as she voluntarily left her job there is a period that she wouldn't qualify for benefits, but once again that is her own fault. She shouldn't have quit, she should have made them sack her as she could no longer carry out her work.

Why did she resign from the fire service whilst in her hospital bed? She could have carried on being employed whilst being signed off sick. If she was signed off with stress they would not have sacked her. They would have had to go through the full sickness procedure, which takes months. After which she would be entitled to full benefits.

She thought that she could just leave her job, because she is lazy. She believed those stories about how easy it is for single mothers on benefits that you read in the Daily Mail. She thought it would be an easy option and it backfired.

I could go through that speech, line by line, and tie her up in knots about her so called account of the 18 months on benefits. Life on benefits is no picnic, but there are so many charities willing to help, especially when a child is involved.
I’m a bit confused about her leaving the Fire Brigade (not as confused as Jack though as she seems to think she was an actual Firefighter 😳). I can’t imagine they would have forced her to leave because she was pregnant. Surely if shift work wasn’t suitable for her with a small baby they would have tried to offer her another post (NOT on the frontline though, not without training), especially if she was a permanent member of staff? I suppose support roles in the Fire Brigade are probably rare but if here Dad was high up and respected, I’m sure they would have done everything they could 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.