Jack Monroe #61 Complete, made up, fanciful nuclear-level bollocks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a absolute tool. The lies she tells aren’t even credible, it makes you wonder where her family is to tell her how much of twit she makes herself look.
I would imagine her friends and family have tried this multiple times over the years. I would imagine Jack doesn’t listen to anyone, and just imagine the histrionics (she’s told us herself how she howls and rages, throws herself on the floor etc. as if she doesn’t see how fucked up this behaviour is in anyone who isn’t a toddler). I expect they may have given up.

Reactions: 13
For those of you that have shown such kindness about my cancer/operation. I've just had a phone consultation (a week late, but they are under such pressure) and I don't have to have chemo this time. They will arrange for a further examination under anaesthetic in about 3 months.

Happy, happy, days. The consultant was so positive, I am just so relieved. The pain is subsiding from the Op as well. 😁
Thanks again for all your kind wishes. Shielding these past months has been so difficult and your sympathetic words have helped.
Sorry for off topic, hope I'm allowed this one.
Oh, that is really fantastic news! I bet you're feeling so relieved. I hope that things just keep getting better and better for you. 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 12
For those of you that have shown such kindness about my cancer/operation. I've just had a phone consultation (a week late, but they are under such pressure) and I don't have to have chemo this time. They will arrange for a further examination under anaesthetic in about 3 months.

Happy, happy, days. The consultant was so positive, I am just so relieved. The pain is subsiding from the Op as well. 😁
Thanks again for all your kind wishes. Shielding these past months has been so difficult and your sympathetic words have helped.
Sorry for off topic, hope I'm allowed this one.
Oh god, who cares about Jack, when there’s great news like this! Brilliant ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Realised with horror today that I have cleaned two of three freezers, all switched on. No idea how many steps?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Even if this is true, she is amazing at making everything sound like a lie.View attachment 215584
She just can’t use language. The bush itself isn’t painstakingly beautiful, it’s the painstaking efforts by the owners that make it beautiful, or you could describe the owners as beautiful [people] for the time and care they’ve taken over their garden.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
R wee Jackie does seem to have a rather 'odd' attitude to food and parenting from what she puts out there - 'I posted a recipe this morning for a sausage and bean Bolognese, devised and cooked by my eight year old son who, despite my best efforts and gentlest scare stories about my visit to an abbatoir, still wants to eat sausages. I told him he had to buy and cook them himself, hoping it would put him off, and he pulled on his shoes and went to fetch his pocket money. I thought it would all come undone at the cooking stage, as I made him twist the gristly sausagemeat from its skin with his little hands. He rose to the challenge, and I found a compromise in my parenting. I will continue to remind him that I don’t eat animals when he offers me his jelly sweets, but if he is willing to buy and cook animal products himself, as his mother, I will afford him the agency of his body and the supervised freedom to do so.'

PS I don't know why she can't spell abattoir, thankyou.
This was from the era when she was larping as a vegan.

Rather than an odd attitude to food/parenting in itself, I think she just makes everything in her life revolve around her current fantasy identity.

Non-vegans often think that vegans behave like this to their non-vegan children, so that’s what she did.

(I notice that she was already trashing veganism by accusing us of being “privileged”. We are no more “privileged” than any other person with access to a supermarket. It’s always the middle class who call veganism privileged!)

Reactions: 17
Plenty of black pepper.

View attachment 215508

Notice me, Nigella 🙋🏽‍♀️
Stuff like this annoys me. This is a badly put together pastiche of a Greek salad. Why must she make it sound like a unique and maverick thing she'd just invented? And Nigella did not invent watermelon paired with feta as Jack implies. That pairing has been around since feta fist started to be sold commercially in the UK. And the Greeks were doing it way before that. Sweet and salty....basic basic stuff. Also this salad does not need salt what with all the salt in the feta. Is she trying to have a stroke? This is why I struggle to take Jack seriously as a cook, she seems to know nothing about basic history of cuisine. She's constantly trying to dress things up like they're new and innovative.

Reactions: 30
Stuff like this annoys me. This is a badly put together pastiche of a Greek salad. Why must she make it sound like a unique and maverick thing she'd just invented? And Nigella did not invent watermelon paired with feta as Jack implies. That pairing has been around since feta fist started to be sold commercially in the UK. And the Greeks were doing it way before that. Sweet and salty....basic basic stuff. Also this salad does not need salt what with all the salt in the feta. Is she trying to have a stroke? This is why I struggle to take Jack seriously as a cook, she seems to know nothing about basic history of cuisine. She's constantly trying to dress things up like they're new and innovative.
I went to Turkey 35 years ago and was served watermelon and feta for breakfast, she ain't groundbreaking and neither is the blue ticked person whose arse she's intent on kissing.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.