Jack Monroe #61 Complete, made up, fanciful nuclear-level bollocks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stuff like this annoys me. This is a badly put together pastiche of a Greek salad. Why must she make it sound like a unique and maverick thing she'd just invented? And Nigella did not invent watermelon paired with feta as Jack implies. That pairing has been around since feta fist started to be sold commercially in the UK. And the Greeks were doing it way before that. Sweet and salty....basic basic stuff. Also this salad does not need salt what with all the salt in the feta. Is she trying to have a stroke? This is why I struggle to take Jack seriously as a cook, she seems to know nothing about basic history of cuisine. She's constantly trying to dress things up like they're new and innovative.
Plus if it's a salad - any kind of salad - she sticks bread in it so she can sound fancy by calling it panzanella

Reactions: 12
Plus if it's a salad - any kind of salad - she sticks bread in it so she can sound fancy by calling it panzanella
Yes. But just putting chunks of random bread in it would not make it a panzanella. Or even anything like a panzanella.

Reactions: 12
No work tonight, got my snacks ready and a quiet night infront of the tv prepared.

Ready for some Jack bougie thot shots this evening, I can’t wait for whatever lies she comes out with tonight so me and my fellow housefrau’s can rip them to shreds!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
See now the cucumber is probably the only bit I’d eat and maybe the melon, but I would have to wash all the crap off first. But it’s not a meal.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'll be forever surprised at Jack - who allegedly lives in fear of being truly skint again - poverty PTSD sufferer - has no problem with paying £70 odd quid for the likes of one pair of leggings. It just says it all, really. Yes people are certainly allowed to have *nice things* when they have been poor and now aren't, of course. It's just items like that, which are clearly insanely overpriced, when you can get a perfectly good pair for a third of the price...doesn't sit right with me. Especially for such a 'thrifty mama' like Jack. What a fraud.

Reactions: 42
I have not commented since several threads back because I no longer want to talk about JM. This is not because I think any better of her but because in reality she really is a Z lister and having such active threads here will be feeding into her ideas of importance in this world and her victim complex.

I think left alone she will figuratively hang herself eventually. She increasingly being extremely rude to well meaning people, we can't be the only ones to see it.

She has burned bridges with the BBC with the disaster of DKL and her tweeting rudely to those using the dkl hashtag. ITV due to This Morning lingreenie cock up and orchistrated pile on of ITV big name David Walliams. C4, because of Jamie Oliver pile on.

She's lost any chance of big brand collaborations on Insta after the Hellmans tit shows (can't use any for a showreel realistically!)

I'm glad her tweets etc are archived on this thread. It is a great resource given her tweet and delete nature, long may that continue and many thanks to all that take the time and trouble to do this.

I just don't want to feed the real troll Jack Monroe. That's my choice of course, not trying to moderate just giving a different perspective.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I don’t understand why she’s left up her lie/lack of knowledge about the colour of flamingoes, yet deletes the most innocuous things?

She makes no sense.

Also, for someone famed for their androgynous look and wanted to be male a few years back, to then being non binary, it shocks me that she has a profile photo of her looking ultra femme. She’s just not comfortable in her own skin and wants to be anyone but herself, and I’m guessing that’s how she becomes a vampire and sucks the life out of all of the Mrs J’s. JM will breathe in EVERYTHING about them, and turn their style and substance and brain into her own and essentially become Allegra or Louisa (like she’s trying to do now with the constant mentions), and then drains them to such an extent they leave. It’s quite frightening thinking about someone being such an emotional vampire.

Reactions: 21
she knows squat about flamingos 🦩 and less about painstakingly beautiful hydrangeas as the copper coins is a load of crap 💩

If only there was achingly beautiful search engine invented to check on before spouting crap 💩
You can actually change the colour of hydrangeas by changing i think the pH of the soil. But its just buying something like alkali pellets from a garden centre, not this buried treasure nonsense. My dad has blue and pink hydrangeas. I almost faint at the pure incandescent beauty think 'oh that's pretty' when I see them!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.