Jack Monroe #60 Everything I do, I do it for ... ME!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just reading the thread (I’m more a reader than a commenter on Hack these days) and reading the screenshots the lovely Cabal have posted and all I can think is duck OFF JACK! after every one. My god she’s an annoying twit isn’t she. Every tiny thing she does winds me up.

Just needed to offload now off to create a Smokey Bacon (vegetarian flavouring only) crisp sandwich. Tat tar.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
All of the ‘What’s your favourite cakes, guys?’ and ‘What’s your favourite savoury snacks?’ is so blah.
1) She, literally, hates food. She also chooses fairly ‘fancy’ options for her snack choices (radishes dipped in oodles of butter).
2) This deep-sea trawler fish for people’s responses is just another version of ‘Send me pics of doggos!’ Engagement, likes, attention.

Reactions: 37
All of the ‘What’s your favourite cakes, guys?’ and ‘What’s your favourite savoury snacks?’ is so blah.
1) She, literally, hates food. She also chooses fairly ‘fancy’ options for her snack choices (radishes dipped in oodles of butter).
2) This deep-sea trawler fish for people’s responses is just another version of ‘Send me pics of doggos!’ Engagement, likes, attention.
Maybe she’s trying to get her own version of Tattle going. We’re always going on about our favourite everything and she wants in and is pissed off she can’t. So is, yet again, copying someone else 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26

100+ inane Twitter comments in just 24 hours. Whatever else she is, she is extremely lonely. I wonder if she has the self-awareness to regret her actions.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Maybe she’s trying to get her own version of Tattle going. We’re always going on about our favourite everything and she wants in and is pissed off she can’t. So is, yet again, copying someone else 🤷🏻‍♀️😂
It makes me slightly sad to think that deep down she just wants to be part of the cabal 😬

100+ inane Twitter comments in just 24 hours. Whatever else she is, she is extremely lonely. I wonder if she has the self-awareness to regret her actions.
I’m guessing each like or comment is like a penny in the slot - ding, ding, ding, ding.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I hate to put this here knowing Jack will steal it. Pasty baps,I never tried it back in the day when I used to eat wheat but everyone around me ate them and that to me is weird.
My old office was opposite a chippy, and every Friday one of my colleagues would order a chicken and mushroom pie in a bap for his lunch.

(phone tried changing bap to bao, which is a clear indicator of my own eating habits 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 22
@LexiLu I've been using this one - sometimes I've done it as a cake/other times as cupcakes.

41273846_10160725438235363_2293180410537967616_n.jpg
18198560_10158537122930363_3757663940085440909_n.jpg
18193710_10158537123135363_5187696913565485440_n.jpg

It won't be super Irn Bru-y - to do that you'd need to make a reduction of Irn Bru or get some kind of Irn Bru syrup. But it does make a sweet and moist cake and an FYI, because it's moist, getting the right bakedness is a little tricky but I get requested this a lot by friends and it's always been popular.

I usually try and get those blue fondant pencils for decoration or other loudly orange/blue decoration. I've also sometimes used colourful mini smarty type cake topping sweets that you can sometimes find in the cake aisle in supermarkets.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yeah, was going to say, the person who posted it *must* have been following Jack's bechamel/special sauce recipe, eh?!
ETA, actually cancel that, it's nowhere near thin enough.
It will thicken up the oven!! ‘Sake.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I posted a while ago about her pink pasta sloppy dish that some guy on twitter made a girl he was trying to impress. 🤮 Couldn't find a photo of it but found this one of her home made delicacy earlier. How appetising eh?! 😉 She sure loves pasta 😄😂🤮 😳

Attachments

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
I posted a while ago about her pink pasta sloppy dish that some guy on twitter made a girl he was trying to impress. 🤮 Couldn't find a photo of it but found this one of her home made delicacy earlier. How appetising eh?! 😉 She sure loves pasta 😄😂🤮 😳
Channelling some Linda Blair in The Exorcist vibes there.
(was going to attach a picture but it’s liable to get me in trouble)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Channelling some Linda Blair in The Exorcist vibes there.
(was going to attach a picture but it’s liable to get me in trouble)
personally its giving me some very unwanted flashbacks of drinking too many vodka cranberries back in '05

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.