Jack Monroe #60 Everything I do, I do it for ... ME!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh, I actually remember her crisp buttie recipe, because she said on a podcast that she'd written it for the guardian but not actually made the one for the photo they used - someone else did, using her recipe - and she was complaining that it wasn't made to her satisfaction, and the photo had no bearing on her recipe. The pic, obviously, makes it look quite delightful and I don't see how anyone could have come up with anything different by following her instructions https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...onroe-presents-aunty-helens-potato-sandwiches
I wonder if she went to Plymouth or Ireland on the ferry on her Land Rover? Or maybe her Dad's white van?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I always felt her partner was a trooper for managing all the fruit and stuff in a breakfast bowl. No disrespect to her but I literally throw up if I eat too much rich food and just looking at the mixture I felt ill. I hoped her partner fared better at eating it that I would have.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I always felt her partner was a trooper for managing all the fruit and stuff in a breakfast bowl. No disrespect to her but I literally throw up if I eat too much rich food and just looking at the mixture I felt ill. I hoped her partner fared better at eating it that I would have.
The thought of eating that much yoghurt before a big cycle ride makes me feel ill. Especially yoghurt that's been dyed luminous blue. And I'm not even (slightly) lactose intolerant as our dear Jackie is.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The thought of eating that much yoghurt before a big cycle ride makes me feel ill. Especially yoghurt that's been dyed luminous blue. And I'm not even (slightly) lactose intolerant as our dear Jackie is.
If I had that much fruit and yoghurt I’m fairly sure it would churn my stomach. The bowls also looked very full.

Reactions: 13
not
I am not lactose intolerant, but ever since I was little if I ate alot of rich foods I was sick. I don't know if that is a condition or not as over the years I have just limited the amount of rich foods in my diet. I still eat them but in small amounts or if I do splurge I stop as soon as I start to feel sick.

Reactions: 6
Went to go and look at the smoothie bowls and I truly hate the way she refers to affil links... "I may get a small percentage". No, you will get a percentage you lying cow!

What is your motivation for sharing it? You could have just sent the link without spending time making it affiliated?!
20200815_092533.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
Went to go and look at the smoothie bowls and I truly hate the way she refers to affil links... "I may get a small percentage". No, you will get a percentage you lying cow!

What is your motivation for sharing it? You could have just sent the link without spending time making it affiliated?! View attachment 212236
But she's a poor church mouse. Everything has to be related to money because she makes so little. Ugh, the more she describes her job and how skint she is the more I think I'd rather have a career cleaning public toliets. ( Not that I am knocking the job) at least you get a decent enough regular wage packet.

Reactions: 11

What is your motivation for sharing it? You could have just sent the link without spending time making it affiliated?! View attachment 212236
omg purposeful misrepresentation of affiliate programs absolutely boils my blood, they should be fined by the ASA for this tit. These lot get 3-15% dependent on the retailer, it can be as high as 50% if you’re promoting trash like flat tummy teas and teeth whitening crap. Some worked examples for the class taking an assumed 3% commission:

- Hinch promotes a £4.99 cleaning paste. She makes 15p per sale, so yes “pennies”. 10k of her audience buy it, that’s £1.5k from one aff link.
- Jackie promotes a £30 nutribullet. That’s 90p per sale. 10 of her disengaged af audience buy it, that’s £9.
- Jackie promotes her £500 pizza oven, that’s £15 odd per sale. She’ll need just 11.3 Lib Dem voting enablers to buy one to afford a new alarm clock.

I suppose growing up watching your dad rake in a significant passive income through his property hoarding aff program payments are probably offensively small but grow the duck up it’s literally free money?!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I hon
omg purposeful misrepresentation of affiliate programs absolutely boils my blood, they should be fined by the ASA for this tit. These lot get 3-15% dependent on the retailer, it can be as high as 50% if you’re promoting trash like flat tummy teas and teeth whitening crap. Some worked examples for the class taking an assumed 3% commission:

- Hinch promotes a £4.99 cleaning paste. She makes 15p per sale, so yes “pennies”. 10k of her audience buy it, that’s £1.5k from one aff link.
- Jackie promotes a £30 nutribullet. That’s 90p per sale. 10 of her disengaged af audience buy it, that’s £9.
- Jackie promotes her £500 pizza oven, that’s £15 odd per sale. She’ll need just 11.3 Lib Dem voting enablers to buy one to afford a new alarm clock.

I suppose growing up watching your dad rake in a significant passive income through his property hoarding aff program payments are probably offensively small but grow the duck up it’s literally free money?!
I honestly can imagine many people over the age of five need or want blue spirulina. It sounds likes it's filled with e numbers.

I hate that too .Back to the toliet cleaning chat, imagine if toliet attendents started promoting their toliet rolls for a percentage of squares used whilst wiping. It's just surreal these people do this sort of thing.

Reactions: 7
Jack is always trying to hide/apologise for making money. I run the blog for free with no ads! I will donate a portion of my brand collab fee to charity! I only take a living wage out of my earnings!

It's not wrong for Jack to make money to ensure she gets on the housing ladder, that her kid has a secure upbringing, that he won't have money worries if he wants to go to university or do some kind of training, so that she has a pension fund for when she's older and needs to retire. What is wrong is begging people for money, making out she's much poorer than she actually is, and not giving services/goods when someone has paid for them. (kickstarter/patreon.)

Reactions: 16
I spend more money on nearly all our food with no artificial colours. I could not have eaten that at all either before running or cycling.

Reactions: 9
Spirulina is all natural, it's actually very good for you, full of anti oxidants and a really good source of protein. I use it quite a bit.. The blue colour is just a natural bonus. 😊

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm surprised she hasn't killed anyone with the slop she's cooked over the years

Reactions: 8
I am single (with a kid), and will happily make a cake just because I'm a greedy goblin who likes cake. I'd probably be less likely to bake one if I'd gone all Jilly Cooper novel and taken a lover, because this fact is probably not at all a sexy one 😂

Mackie does have a recipe for one, if you fancy it....?
‘Ravenously devouring floury baps’. I am laughing up a lung, Fraus...also, wtf is it with those bowls of slop, with the blue stuff. What even is spirulina? It sounds like a venereal disease.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.