Jack Monroe #60 Everything I do, I do it for ... ME!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no she's gone Scottish again. As someone who's lived their whole life in Scotland (save for a brief 6 month stint in Bristol), I can honestly say I've never had a haggis Scotch egg, it's not a thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Jack, 3 hours from now, desperate for some engagement .... 'what's your favourite, errrrr, colour?!"
Jack, my favourite sandwich is that mayo one you got at least Ā£10k to make on Instagram.

*chefā€™s kiss*

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Itā€™s terrifying, but I think young girls are persuaded to transition because they hate the idea of becoming a woman and the issues that opens them up to. Iā€™m in my 50ā€™s, so grew up in the 70ā€™s, and was a typical tomboyish girl for that time. I liked outdoor things and animals and so on, I wasnā€™t ā€œgirlyā€ at all - and that was pretty normal back then. When I started to ā€œdevelopā€, at about 13, I was still a little girl really but suddenly was having to deal with constant comments and harassment from boys and older men and I was just not equipped to deal with it. I mean, it was incessant. I absolutely hated it and at the time I would have given anything not to be developing into a woman. If the ā€œeasy optionā€ of shutting it all off and becoming a boy (although that is of course not biologically possible) was available at the time, Iā€™m sure Iā€™d have taken it. I think this is what is behind the flood of young girls wanting to transition. Boys always seemed to me to have the best of everything, they just waltzed through life being fawned over by mums, grandmas, teachers, everyone, while we (even as young pre-teens and teenagers) were dealing with a quite different reality, constantly having to fight off sleazy predators, having to modify our behaviour in case we made a man angry - and violent, a very real fear - and being made to apologise if we dared to complain about a sleazy older relative or family friend.
The real issue of course is male behaviour - and ultimately violence - towards women. But somehow there doesnā€™t seem to be any general desire to address that. And so I donā€™t blame young girls for wanting to opt out of womanhood - however misguided.
(Sorry I know this is all a bit off topic).
Big claps. Well put. I too spent so much time 'managing' crappy male behaviour and being blamed for their sleaze. It would have been comforting to be able to just switch it all off.

Reactions: 7
I donā€™t believe a single calorie has passed her lips tonight. I used to have a pinterest board just for food that I would spend hours looking at. This reeks of that imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Biting my tongue at this topic constantly coming up but I have to say .............. no one CHOOSES to be trans. It's not something you just opt into because you fancy a little less discrimination. You get *more* discrimination if you're openly trans, in fact. Yes, ridiculous cosplayers like Jack (who is not trans) make it even more difficult for people who already have tough lives, but, can we not derail discussions about how terrible *she* is by bringing a tiny minority group into it? I beg.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
The whole butter obsession gets right up my goat! (copyright Kath and Kim). Why does it always have to be "lashings" of butter (Famous 5)....?! Why not just...an appropriate amount of butter to suit your taste? Oh yeah...cos she's got to be more into butter than anyone was ever into butter in the history of butter!!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
6D89D98F-2A77-4E66-B2ED-748C766EA37B.jpeg

Again, šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬
B983C8F4-8C1E-4C58-8060-68A5D2B124B0.jpeg

urgh. Grim. Also, sheā€™s nearly sent 200 tweets since her return. About absolute tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.