Jack Monroe #60 Everything I do, I do it for ... ME!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s terrifying, but I think young girls are persuaded to transition because they hate the idea of becoming a woman and the issues that opens them up to. I’m in my 50’s, so grew up in the 70’s, and was a typical tomboyish girl for that time. I liked outdoor things and animals and so on, I wasn’t “girly” at all - and that was pretty normal back then. When I started to “develop”, at about 13, I was still a little girl really but suddenly was having to deal with constant comments and harassment from boys and older men and I was just not equipped to deal with it. I mean, it was incessant. I absolutely hated it and at the time I would have given anything not to be developing into a woman. If the “easy option” of shutting it all off and becoming a boy (although that is of course not biologically possible) was available at the time, I’m sure I’d have taken it. I think this is what is behind the flood of young girls wanting to transition. Boys always seemed to me to have the best of everything, they just waltzed through life being fawned over by mums, grandmas, teachers, everyone, while we (even as young pre-teens and teenagers) were dealing with a quite different reality, constantly having to fight off sleazy predators, having to modify our behaviour in case we made a man angry - and violent, a very real fear - and being made to apologise if we dared to complain about a sleazy older relative or family friend.
The real issue of course is male behaviour - and ultimately violence - towards women. But somehow there doesn’t seem to be any general desire to address that. And so I don’t blame young girls for wanting to opt out of womanhood - however misguided.
(Sorry I know this is all a bit off topic).
Sorry I'm sure you've moved on from this now but I had to reply to this as it really resonated with me and my experience of entering puberty and it was reassuring to read of others who went through a similar thing. I wasn't particularly one way or another growing up in regards to gender I enjoyed stereo typical girly activities, loved Disney princesses and playing with dollies but having an older brother I guess I was exposed to more of a range of activities, like taking our bikes to dirt tracks or building go karts which I also enjoyed. I had never really thought too much about gender until I entered puberty and all of a sudden felt so painfully uncomfortable in my own skin, like I'd been turned inside out. I had my hair cut off, dressed in baggy clothes and even asked to be called a male name. My mum just let me crack on and didn't make a fuss at all and eventually after about a year, although still incredibly self conscious and self loathing I grew back my hair and went back to my old name and gradually accepted my assigned gender. One contributing factor to these feelings is the generational physical and sexual abuse towards women in my family, even long after I felt comfortable and happy being female I'm still conscious of being overtly feminine because of my own preconceived notions in that being connected to vulnerability. I'm so glad I never acted on my feelings back then because I'm 100% certain if I had been experiencing these feelings now, I would have made steps to transitioning, not fully perhaps but enough to irrevocably change myself and that is so frightening to me.

Anyway, to keep this on topic....Jack is nothing but a Cosplayer. She Cosplay being poor and a lot more things I imagine. Why she's not able to simply empathise with another person or group of people without BECOMING them is totally beyond me but it's completely transparent, her behaviour that is.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Camera angle hasn't change one bit. These are on a self timer.
Argh God is it just me who cringes when people have their children take pictures for them for the gram? 🙄
There's an influencer called Carrie Anne Roberts, of Mere Souer and she used to have pics her son took of her on all the time and these weren't just candid shots some of them looked quite Thirsty 🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Oh that's good to know that today she is Greek again, I thought she had turned Irish 😂
Irish, to be shure, to be shure- I work with a couple of guys who become very Irish and very un PC when they are repairing the drive and putting up fences. I laugh because they are funny, quick and clever with it unlike some people 😀

Reactions: 6
Unfurling Honeysuckle? It's been, gone and the berries have been all over it since early June. The vast majority of Lonicera species commonly grown in the UK are early Spring-Late Spring or Late Spring to Early Summer (ie, before Midsummer's Day).

Basic plantsmanship. That 'newbie' Adam Frost (only around thirty years experience) would know this.

Not to mention that many evergreens are very much, after such hot weather as can be inferred from the parched grass and swing chair shots (along with possibly taking one's head out of one's own arse and those of other bluetickers to look in the garden), more like everbrowns.
Mine's blooming nicely and my grass is extremely green. However, I do live north of Edinburgh and the garden was soggy even before it was flooded.

Jockie, however, lives on her own planet.

Reactions: 6
Alright cabal.....I have been craaazy busy with work....off to grunk 3 threads (and a half) and delve into the latest shenanigans a la Jackie....here to say 👋 (and duck me she's been busy .. again...I thought she was taking time off!!) Cant wait for my holiday in a couple of weeks.. I might actually catch up 😂🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I wonder if she's crowdsourcing most popular cakes/sandwiches to write up a book of each...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
You could always .... make one for your kid?
She can't. He isn't there. He's gone back to his dad's house, his actual home. His stepmum and siblings are also there and I'm guessing as it is a Friday they are probably having a lush fish and chip supper. Even if not fish and chips, maybe a microwave meal, but is being served with love.
Mackie Jonroe can't compete with that so we get the sad fish posts about being alone because guilting a 10yo kid is her niche.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.