Jack Monroe #60 Everything I do, I do it for ... ME!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
can you imagine trusting someone to take photographs of your 'big day' and You end up with a pile of badly focused, badly lit, badly positioned unimaginative dross You'd be gutted.
I hope she wasn't commissioned to actually do those 😯 I'd assumed it was a friend's wedding or something and she'd rocked up with her cameras to get a few snaps herself...but now you have me wondering!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
opening myself up here to being triangulated but SB’s dad would have been born in either 81 or 82 because he was in my hubbys year at school.

Exactly. It's so ME ME ME LOOK AT ME.

Apologies if this is a daft question, but...I get the feeling the Dad might be a good bit older and more sensible about life in general. I also get the feeling from that letter that they weren't ever romantically involved?

• Wow
Reactions: 28
can you imagine trusting someone to take photographs of your 'big day' and You end up with a pile of badly focused, badly lit, badly positioned unimaginative dross You'd be gutted.
They're awful, aren't they! I'd honestly be absolutely tamping. All the gear but no idea by the sounds of it!

opening myself up here to being triangulated but SB’s dad would have been born in either 81 or 82 because he was in my hubbys year at school.
OMG wow! So yeah he would be 6/7 years older than her.

Reactions: 11
I've attached the 2 posts here, so people can read them.

Very revealing. She didn't have the decency to tell him she was pregnant.
This is the scoop of the century and could ruin her hard earned, imagined narrative if made more widely known.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
They're awful, aren't they! I'd honestly be absolutely tamping. All the gear but no idea by the sounds of it!
I would not have minded if it had been a friend's young child.

I wonder if she's somehow burned her bridges with the Guardian? I was really surprised she didn't sell PO-TA-TOES to them, I think a version of it appeared in trashy sites magazine but if she still had a decent relationship with the Guardian surely they'd have snapped it up?
ETA why has G-R-A-Z-I-A magazine autocorrected to 'trashy sites' magazine, LOLS??
Last Guardian article I read 12 May 2020 Easily adaptable dishes from the UK’s queen of grift, using tinned fish etc ETA Nowt vegan there yuck

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
So then, she never was really all that poor or ever really unable to work. To say, there was always money coming in for the kid, at least, on top of any benefits. And, AND, there has always been the opportunity for her to work, taking into consideration that the dad has had the child *at least* 2 days a week. It was a deliberate decision not to work, the whole ‘couldn’t work because of childcare’ angle was all just a lie because she’s a lazy freeloader. She made all of it up.

• Angry
Reactions: 22
All the other photographs use that tired cliché of the view of someones back and what they are looking at. Or someone walking away from the camera.

Talk about old hat. Nothing new or original, innovative or special. All been done before and done a lot better.

Reactions: 10
So then, she never was really all that poor or ever really unable to work. To say, there was always money coming in for the kid, at least, on top of any benefits. And, AND, there has always been the opportunity for her to work, taking into consideration that the dad has had the child *at least* 2 days a week. It was a deliberate decision not to work, the whole ‘couldn’t work because of childcare’ angle was all just a lie because she’s a lazy freeloader. She made all of it up.
Yep her child could stayed with his father, she could have stayed at fire service, until she found something more suitable. But her sense of entitlement overruled common sense. You never leave a job with nothing to go to if you have responsibilities.

Reactions: 11
I live alone and regularly make myself a cake, (esp lemon drizzle, which isn't even proper cake-sized, as I do it in a loaf tin). Granted, I do also have people round for tea and also pass slices up to my mum / sister / neighbours but I guess this has never occurred to Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Does anyone actually use the term 'lover' in real life? 🤢
An ex used to say it, honestly. As much respect as one still has for the ex and as painful as it is to acknowledge, it is becoming more apparent that there is an increasing list of similarities to be found between this somewhat significant ex and Monroe.

Pass the gin.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.