Jack Monroe #60 Everything I do, I do it for ... ME!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chocolate fudge cake with candied peel sounds gross. There’s a time and a place for both in the cake world, but together? Naaaah.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I can't imagine being a literal cooking writer and posting that you don't want to make a cake because you won't get a shag out of it. Nigella makes cakes all the time, Jack. Be more Nigella.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Chocolate fudge cake with candied peel sounds gross. There’s a time and a place for both in the cake world, but together? Naaaah.
I was gonna say!!!!!! Further proof that she hates food.

A lime and coconut sponge packed with lime zest? YES PLEASE!

Ruining a tender chocolate crumb with bits of candied peel? I THINK THE duck NOT.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
As if she could make any of those things. Her tray bake on DKL was like a dried up old washing up sponge. That ain't gonna entice no "lover" FFS.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Christ, I'm now imagining what Jack demands in return for a slice of cake.
It’s Friday night in Monroe-Manor, the peach curry has had an hour or so to settle and they have the house to themselves.

Monroe: “I’ll knock up a nice chiffon if you lick it..”

(So sorry, the words came involuntarily..)

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
As if she could make any of those things. Her tray bake on DKL was like a dried up old washing up sponge. That ain't gonna entice no "lover" FFS.
She could always make her amazing Hellmanns mayo cake™️

It’s Friday night in Monroe-Manor, the peach curry has had an hour or so to settle and they have the house to themselves.
I'm willing to bet that the last thing you fancy an hour after eating the chickpea peach curry is SexyTime.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Candied peel is the most disgusting existence to ever ruin baked goods. My granny loved it. Also "take a lover"? Sometimes it stuns me that she is the same age as me. She consistently reminds me of a 45+ year old MC vicar's wife type. This is why pics of her in a headwrap, cap and basketball shirt like a bad Vanilla Ice cosplay don't sit right with me, she belongs in her blouse and speak to the manager haircut from back in the screaming "my grandfather is dead!" at Edwina Currie days

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Unfurling Honeysuckle? It's been, gone and the berries have been all over it since early June. The vast majority of Lonicera species commonly grown in the UK are early Spring-Late Spring or Late Spring to Early Summer (ie, before Midsummer's Day).

Basic plantsmanship. That 'newbie' Adam Frost (only around thirty years experience) would know this.

Not to mention that many evergreens are very much, after such hot weather as can be inferred from the parched grass and swing chair shots (along with possibly taking one's head out of one's own arse and those of other bluetickers to look in the garden), more like everbrowns.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
You could always .... make one for your kid?
[/QUOTE

Not to gloat at her, but I bake for my kids all the time. In fact my eldest loves to bake a d eat the cakes we make.if my husband gets a bit he's lucky.🤣
Oh that's good to know that today she is Greek again, I thought she had turned Irish 😂
She's Greek today, I cannot answer for tomorrow.

Is it me of does she sound "erotically charged" to quote Rachel from friends. All the sensual story writing and " sex cake"

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I can't imagine being a literal cooking writer and posting that you don't want to make a cake because you won't get a shag out of it. Nigella makes cakes all the time, Jack. Be more Nigella.
Just thinking of that scene in American Pie he enjoyed his cake (pie)😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just thinking of that scene in American Pie he enjoyed his cake (pie)😆
Please ... I don't want Jack ruining cake for me.
I notice her replies consist of photos of cakes made by her followers which she could only dream of being capable of making.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.