Jack Monroe #59 - 300 jobbos, 3,000 doggos, one rambling potato bloggo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Being relatively new to Jackā€™s threads, Iā€™m intrigued by the term ā€œdoing a chaosā€. What sort of thing does this include??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Genuine question because I have no idea about medication, but is it usual for GPā€™s to prescribe multiple new combinations?
It might be usual practice, I donā€™t know, but isnā€™t it more productive to change one thing at a time and monitor the results?

Sheā€™s reported a lot of medication changes since March.
It depends if itā€™s primary or secondary prescribed. If her GP prescribed it, she can change it. Anything prescribed by a shrink needs signing off by said shrink. Depends on the medication.

Reactions: 5
Why is she so smug and nasty!? Deeply unpleasant. And more proof of her constant reading here:. Her sudden use of "bellend", which is a word a lot of us have used. About her.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
āš Important question Hausfrau, what do you call yours, Is it a couch or a sofa?

Sofa for me. āœ”

The famous small blue couch. šŸ™„ the sum total of her Hopkins ā€œwinningsā€. Hope Louisa hasnā€™t returned.
Settee, cos I'm from a family of..... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I can't compete with IndigoStar's excellent re-write of 'Up The Junction', but today I was listening to Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway To Heaven' and I thought I'd try a rewrite for Jack. (Apologies to Messrs Page and Plant).

Stairway To Celebrity

Thereā€™s a lady who is sure
She wonā€™t ever be poor
Jack Monroe is the name
She goes under

Her fans canā€™t see
That their bank accounts
She will plunder

Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh
And sheā€™s buying the stairway to celebrity

If itā€™s poverty, it sells
Pays for Edinburgh hotels,
A Magic Blender and Cotswold shelves

Thereā€™s an Emin on the wall
But she wants to be sure
Cos you know these things
Are worth a few bob
In a crappy bungalow in Southend
Thereā€™s a garden shed
Which will be a tv studio
In the end

If thereā€™s a bustle in your kitchen
Donā€™t be alone there
Itā€™s just a tin of rinsed baked beans
Yes, there are two paths Jack could go by
But, in the long run
Tip jars and Patreon will have won

Being relatively new to Jackā€™s threads, Iā€™m intrigued by the term ā€œdoing a chaosā€. What sort of thing does this include??
Cooking food which no one with normal tastebuds would want to eat. Rinsing baked beans. Putting tinned peaches in a curry.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
āš Important question Hausfrau, what do you call yours, Is it a couch or a sofa?

Sofa for me. āœ”

The famous small blue couch. šŸ™„ the sum total of her Hopkins ā€œwinningsā€. Hope Louisa hasnā€™t returned.
Settee. Itā€™s a weird word if you look at it long enough šŸ¤”

You're absolutely right about her being rude to people.

I hope you get better soon. Mental health services in this country are woefully underfunded. They seem to be treated like the poor relation of medicine.
Thank you so much ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I am starting to think that Mrs J walked out due to her refusal to acknowledge that she was unravelling and needed proper help. I think the whole she "left thing" was a shock tactic on Mrs js part to wise her up, only it took her XXX weeks to catch on..

I personally don't think it's wise for them to continue, Mrs J is too busy to mummy someone who is struggling and she really needs to stand on her own two feet,( start working in a more secure setting) and stop relying on people to bail her out. ( Current fans/ followers included.

Then and only then should the consider rekindling

Reactions: 21

Sofa for me. āœ”

Stop talking about blue couches, the ads are listening šŸ˜‚
Screenshot_20200808-213118.png

• Haha
Reactions: 16
So Ex Mrs J is sitting on Jack's sofa, doing a pity visit after Jack's relentless public pity partying, and what's Jack doing? Bickering with some random poster on Ex Mrs J's Insta, of course! Hahahaha runnnnnnn Ex Mrs J! She's looking at her phone, you can escape!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Jack, itā€™s easier to quit social media if you turn off notifications. Enjoy your evening with Louisa

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I mean Jack's partially right, there's at least one adult on that sofa.

We've all been involved with people who aren't good for us in the past.

Because we know the tit show that is Hack Monroe, I would recommend anyone steer clear of her. But as an adult Louisa is totally free to make her own mistakes.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
To be honest that Chambertin was quite snide and was trying to rub Jackā€™s nose in it that Louisa is single.

Regarding the ā€œchemical rollercoasterā€, I agree with other posters who say that this inaccurate, dramatic description adds stigma to psychiatric medication and people who use them.

Reactions: 17

Sofa for me. āœ”

āœ… Sofa
Now Louisa's insta is polluted with Jack's drama
OMG, I always get weird vibes about the dynamics of their relationship but referring to Louisa as her ex, rather than a person in her own right? That's a bit šŸ˜‘ isn't it? Surely some people just follow Louisa on social media because they're interested in what she does/says rather than because she used to date Jack?!

Reactions: 22
Iā€™m a GP with an interest in mental health and would never prescribe combinations of different antidepressants together. Sometimes theyā€™re used together but only under guidance from a psychiatrist. Sometimes we give a beta blocker to help with anxiety symptoms or sleeping tablets (very rarely) but most people with anxiety or depression just get one prescription for SSRIs and a long chat about lifestyle stuff.
That was my experience, I didn't realise I was burnt out until I just read the description on here, I just knew that I was not well. I couldn't remenber where the dishwasher was or where the bathroom was, and the worst time was driving down the motorway with my kids in the car when I forgot how to drive which was terrifying. I picked the gp whom I got on very well with and confessed everything. He was so kind and lovely and refered me for talking therapy. the consultant used to hold clinics at the practice and I used to go along and see them. I couldn't see how it could help, but it did. At no time did either of them alter my medication.

I am very grateful to both of them

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.