Jack Monroe #59 - 300 jobbos, 3,000 doggos, one rambling potato bloggo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it may be a bit of a vanity project I.e. her publisher is letting her do something different to indulge her after all the cookbooks. They’re not obliged to publish it - and I expect they will want it to be more of a memoir than political commentary.
But the question is, are her publishers interested in making money? It would appear not. To say, who would pay hard earned money to read the inane political ramblings of a professional selfie-taker? It’s weird. She’s hardly a successful cookbook author, hence the never ceasing begging, and just look how loaded actual proper successful chefs are. And that’s after years of peddling her credentials as a cook and with a leg-up at every turn yet, still, very few people give a tit. They see her for the charlatan that she is. She has a cult following, at best, thus it appears that her grand marketing strategy is just to sell a new book of nonsense to the same group of super-fans once a year. Well whoop-de-bleeping-do, some ‘writer’, one almost feels sympathy for the poor bastards who have chosen to feed her ego. The publishers enabling a megalomaniac to churn out rubbish year after year, one can only guess at their motivation.

Reactions: 14
What the hell is she chatting about? That's all I can say. No one is going to republished your books under Melissa. Bore off hun.

Also in that net worth pic that's a few years old you can defo tell she's had her lips done.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
But the question is, are her publishers interested in making money? It would appear not. To say, who would pay hard earned money to read the inane political ramblings of a professional selfie-taker? It’s weird. She’s hardly a successful cookbook author, hence the never ceasing begging, and just look how loaded actual proper successful chefs are. And that’s after years of peddling her credentials as a cook and with a leg-up at every turn yet, still, very few people give a tit. They see her for the charlatan that she is. She has a cult following, at best, thus it appears that her grand marketing strategy is just to sell a new book of nonsense to the same group of super-fans once a year. Well whoop-de-bleeping-do, some ‘writer’, one almost feels sympathy for the poor bastards who have chosen to feed her ego. The publishers enabling a megalomaniac to churn out rubbish year after year, one can only guess at their motivation.
I do wonder how much her latest cookbook made. It was very cheaply produced, lowest production values possible, the cover price was low, and I don’t get the impression it has flown off the shelves exactly.

Reactions: 10
What the hell is she chatting about? That's all I can say. No one is going to republished your books under Melissa. Bore off hun.

Also in that net worth pic that's a few years old you can defo tell she's had her lips done.
Chattin tit 😂
Did someone actually ask her about this? Or Just (classic) Jack picking a fight with thin air and coming up with a pathetic argument?

• Haha
Reactions: 10

New thread!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

She’s bloody deluded. In her mind, she thinks there will be a tome published in 200 years time: “Potatoes: the collected works of Melissa Hadjicostas (Vols.1-8), with original illustrations by the author” (“Celery. Edinburgh”, etc).
No doubt she will have a plaque up at Poets’ Corner in Westminster Abbey too. 🙄🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
'You jest at scars' Oh my bleeping life, has this been on here before? Who measures the distance between a toilet and their bed?

I do love this sentence: Away from the magnolia tree that I have just planted in the garden, the chard I sing to, the tomatoes I am growing for my lover, the strawberries I count with childlike excitement every day, the ‘hyacinth buckets’ and the winding solar-powered fairy lights wrapped through with clematis and honeysuckle and jasmine waiting to bloom. I have been here for almost two years now; a peaceful retreat from my previous crammed and freezing flat, and I told myself – and probably all of you, too – that this would be my forever home.

This is the woman who took two bleeping years to find a wisteria bush in her garden!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Maybe another Kickstarter is on the horizon and she is going to self publish?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.