Jack Monroe #59 - 300 jobbos, 3,000 doggos, one rambling potato bloggo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s not acting like someone on meds for ADHD, though. Commonly, Ritalin is prescribed and although it’s a stimulant, when used in ADHD (confirmed diagnosis) treatment it should help with concentration, fidgeting, attention span, and listening skills. If you’ve conned the doc to get some speed, you’re going to act like Spud in Trainspotting. (Potatoes)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Haven’t posted about Jack for a while (not since the kitten horrendousness) but yep, she’s still insufferable, narcissistic and beggy. Nothing to see here.

The people who support her actually make me rage though, it’s pure unadulterated arse licking in the extreme. It makes me nauseous. OPEN YOUR FRIGGING EYES YOU FUCKNUGGETS!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Genuine question because I have no idea about medication, but is it usual for GP’s to prescribe multiple new combinations?
It might be usual practice, I don’t know, but isn’t it more productive to change one thing at a time and monitor the results?

She’s reported a lot of medication changes since March.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Genuine question because I have no idea about medication, but is it usual for GP’s to prescribe multiple new combinations of meds?
It might be usual practice, I don’t know, but isn’t it more productive to change 1 thing at a time and monitor the results? She’s reported a lot of medication changes since March.
Unless it’s having an adverse reaction then no, it’s not advised.

Reactions: 8
Was about to post how lovely it was to see Louisa getting on so positively with her life. Saw this and kind of understood why she maybe decided to flee.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
What an ad for her depressipes. So tasty and such a good idea even she can't be arsed to make them.
I don't get it because no matter how physically ill I feel with my chronic illness or a migraine, or how emotionally low I feel, I still have to cook at least two meals a day for my children - and, if I want them to eat breakfast, three meals. I'm married but half the time I'm on my own and I don't understand how a mother can be "in a slump" and living off custard creams/bircher because what happens to the child?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Genuine question because I have no idea about medication, but is it usual for GP’s to prescribe multiple new combinations?
It might be usual practice, I don’t know, but isn’t it more productive to change one thing at a time and monitor the results?

She’s reported a lot of medication changes since March.
I’m a GP with an interest in mental health and would never prescribe combinations of different antidepressants together. Sometimes they’re used together but only under guidance from a psychiatrist. Sometimes we give a beta blocker to help with anxiety symptoms or sleeping tablets (very rarely) but most people with anxiety or depression just get one prescription for SSRIs and a long chat about lifestyle stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I don't get it because no matter how physically ill I feel with my chronic illness or a migraine, or how emotionally low I feel, I still have to cook at least two meals a day for my children - and, if I want them to eat breakfast, three meals. I'm married but half the time I'm on my own and I don't understand how a mother can be "in a slump" and living off custard creams/bircher because what happens to the child?
The child appears in the narrative whenever it suits. It seems Bircher and custard creams are the order of the day so I'm sure he won't be mentioned for a while.

Reactions: 15
Sorry you're all being serious and interesting but FOREARMS alert
I was feeling the rage just then and those forearms have just dissipated it somewhat 😁

Seriously though that woman makes me furious. She's an attention seeking liar, and as someone who suffers greatly with regular (4-6 weekly 😣) cyclic mental health crashes that leave me at points unable to function, she fucks me right off. Ugh, nasty, dangerous piece of work she is.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Having used the services of Southend Mental Health, I can agree with @help i need some help! re the local service being not so good. Even when you’re in the system it’s hard. My psychiatrist was made redundant. I got lost in the system. I’m fine now. I will be on Prozac forever.
One of my children needed help. Then she turned 18. So over to adult mental health. 2 years later she has seen no one.
I really loathe Jack and her lies at the moment.
What happened to her having the crisis team on hand. When we called for my daughter when she was under 18, they were good.
I have a friend who works for the crisis team. I’ve a good mind to ask her about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I think JM is being nice for once with the 'bellend' comment (strangely!) I think it's affectionate mocking rather than being mean which Louisa's reply seems to indicate. I obviously have no idea though!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Having used the services of Southend Mental Health, I can agree with @help i need some help! re the local service being not so good. Even when you’re in the system it’s hard. My psychiatrist was made redundant. I got lost in the system. I’m fine now. I will be on Prozac forever.
One of my children needed help. Then she turned 18. So over to adult mental health. 2 years later she has seen no one.
I really loathe Jack and her lies at the moment.
What happened to her having the crisis team on hand. When we called for my daughter when she was under 18, they were good.
I have a friend who works for the crisis team. I’ve a good mind to ask her about it.
I was seeing a 'therapist' last year, 6 weeks, 20 minutes session tops and was hopeless. My youngest was with the u/18s while at seniors and they were brilliant with her, but when she was seeking help last year, well, still waiting. I hope you and your DD are doing well x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Whenever Jack messages Louisa, Louisa doesn't engage. She just does an emoji or one-word reply. Jack just can't accept that Louisa LEFT!

And if Jack really did have mental health problems she wouldn't be using the word "mad". It's all bullshit.

Reactions: 23
She even admitted this I think, in some long-deleted tweet, that weight loss was due to ADHD meds, and it set off some arguing on Twitter when other people jumped in saying they wished they could lose weight that way. Does anyone else remember this? Then she decided the weight loss was due to the break up.
I do remember that. Someone tweeted her asking which meds, she replied in an abrasive fashion telling them off, the original tweeter then disclosed that she also had ADHD (apologies if I've named the wrong condition, this isn't my area at all) and it made everyone (apart from Jack) feel really sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.