Jack Monroe #58 Schrödinger’s Jack: simultaneously working and sleeping all hours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's no Orwell. I'll pop along and check if he's spinning in his grave (triangulation!!) at being compared to someone who can't even use a paragraph.

The Road to Southend Pier is coming isn't it?
Ooh are you near his grave ? Me too

Reactions: 6
I remember reading in an article a while back that Nigella used to send Jack little presents quite regularly. I expect in her Allegra days, Jack moved in some of the same circles. Nigella does seem lovely, if a bit naive, and I do think she tends to humour and indulge Jack. I also recall that Nigella made a comment just after Jack landed the DKL gig that suggested she may have made one or two phone calls to people she knew in TV. I also think it’s pretty obvious to everyone concerned that Jack is extremely volatile and can be vicious when she wants to be (the complete opposite of how Nigella comes across), and no one wants to be on the receiving end of that. But it seems an odd sort of friendship they have.

Spinning in his grave.
I imagine Nigella to be just like Big Suze in peep show

• Haha
Reactions: 39
If her next book is going to be part memoir, wouldn't the press do some research or seek interviews with her family or people who know her if she's going to do any kind of promotion for it? If it's at least partly bullshit, wouldn't that be uncovered then? I don't know how these things work so I don't know if that's something that happens, or just wishful thinking on my part :)

Reactions: 10
Real life intervened and I have had to sort some stuff out so I have only just caught up with our scampering conwoman's latest behaviour.

The insta titty pics were particularly unpleasant but the begging and attention seeking on Twitter made me very angry indeed.

She's a fraud and a fake. I hope an investigative journalist decides to write about her and exposes her lies.

Reactions: 17
Wait so if you sign up to patron you get a discount on her shop, that currently has 6 postcards in stock and 1 book.

I will admit, when i bought the kickstarter book (towards the end may i add!) that i also bought some postcards. I remember having the garlic one so that is what years old?? and the beans one i think was free. Why are they still being peddled?

I would love to hear what the patreons have been getting all this time.....

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I had a feeling the poem would be deleted before I woke up, I had screenshotted it just incase but @lilamay had the same idea, late night readers ftw! Gold. Anyone else completely fruck out at the thought of JM scampering around the beach at 5am? Perhaps she was hoping to catch L on her bike as I see she posted her latest cycle map and is on a week's cycle holiday this week...

Anyone cycling down Southend pier - you in danger girl.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Yup, Katie Hopkins got hired for work. Even if opinions are negative, people are still watching, reading, discussing I guess 🤷
I think the trouble Jack might have is that Katie Hopkins’ target market was racists/the far right/‘gammon’. Katie Hopkins’ target market were quite happy for her to be unkind.

Jack’s market (if she has one) is middle class lefty types (though obviously she wants to be the saviour of the poor). Obviously somd middle class lefty types love a pile on (her sycophants) so she’s got by so far but I honestly think she needs to be very careful. The majority of people that she needs/wants to target are not people who are going to like pile ons, lies, drama & begging. I think that’s why so many have now turned up here.

Jack wants to be mainstream. She wants to be BBC friendly. To do this she needs to attract the audiences that like Nigel Slater, Nigella, Nadiya etc (probably also Saturday Kitchen). She’s pretty much blown that already with her behaviour (and crap presenting). I don’t think she can keep doing what she’s doing and continue to get work indefinitely.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
She's taken up too much space in my head now. Enough. Crux being you can't claim to fighting for the poor whilst doing nothing about it.
Whilst the people you claim to care about have no hope of getting out of their poverty, you want me to PAY you to tell me that you also used to be poor and have since had opportunity to get out of poverty and haven't managed to control your impulses.
I'm not paying to listen to you rant about what what other people say about what you've written on twitter- about yourself.
I'm also not paying your vet's bill.
I'm sorry you got your heart broken, I really am but I'm not paying you to tell me about it.
I'm not paying you to tell me you're ill- I can do nothing about your illness.
I'd like you to seek medical help to be able to do the work you've already been commissioned to do.
There are really poverty stricken people out there without your platform that I'd rather give my money to. And that don't snap at the hand that feeds them or organise their followers to take down others whilst they sit back and watch it happen, gleefully.
Either help people and make yourself a living or don't but stop positioning yourself as more deserving of help than people who only know poverty.
Now duck off xx

• Heart
Reactions: 66
I know the Zoella calendar thing was a duck up but why did that woman feel she had to stick her nose in?

She’s like a few women I know, got to get involved with any drama and involve themselves even though it's duck all to do with them .

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I had a feeling the poem would be deleted before I woke up, I had screenshotted it just incase but @lilamay had the same idea, late night readers ftw! Gold. Anyone else completely fruck out at the thought of JM scampering around the beach at 5am? Perhaps she was hoping to catch L on her bike as I see she posted her latest cycle map and is on a week's cycle holiday this week...

Anyone cycling down Southend pier - you in danger girl.
I saw that! Do we think Louisa still lives in Southend? Might explain the early morning scampering 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I saw that! Do we think Louisa still lives in Southend? Might explain the early morning scampering 🤦‍♀️
I highly doubt it, it’s a 2 hour overground to (east) London that must cost an absolutely bomb. I did wonder how she coped with how demanding her job must be, she must have had a M-F place in central?

Reactions: 8
Pretty certain Louisa still lives in Southend (based on her bike routes on Instagram).

• Wow
Reactions: 13
The chemical rollercoaster thing has been bothering me, and after a day of almost back to back meetings, I have ended up in a wormhole and re-discovered this article - it's almost 4 years old, but jesus suffering... the content is full of belters. My favourite one being this....
facial hair.jpg

Now I know we debated the visibility of the scars, but... facial hair?
Maybe she's back on the testosterone for another roller coaster?

I think she has a jar next to her bed where she picks out what issue/topic/illness/blue tick she's going to have each day!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.