Jack Monroe #58 Schrödinger’s Jack: simultaneously working and sleeping all hours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She went off on one before about people checking her pics for scars. I think that was around the time she came here all guns blazing. What can I say? When someone says stuff like that, people will look. Call it morbid curiosity or whatever you will. I don't believe any evidence of scarring or anything else has ever been found 🤷
Missed that one, seems like a case of of her saying “don’t you dare hold me to account of my words”. The ironic things is, as you say, no one would be looking if she could just manage to keep a few fantasies to herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It’s interesting how many new Tattle posters have made themselves known in the past few Jack threads. So many ex-fans have posted for the first time.
There surely must be a tipping point. Although having said that, if Amanda Palmer still has fans with her behaviour, I reckon Jack will still have her blinkered fans clinging on for a while yet.

• Sad
Reactions: 46
It’s interesting how many new Tattle posters have made themselves known in the past few Jack threads. So many ex-fans have posted for the first time.
There surely must be a tipping point. Although having said that, if Amanda Palmer still has fans with her behaviour, I reckon Jack will still have her blinkered fans clinging on for a while yet.
It's a funny one. If she was just a bit, well, tit I suppose, I wouldn't be so het up about it. It's the deception and duplicity and borderline crookish bit that I can't forgive. Without her personal drama, she'd have disappeared from view post DKL.
Sadly, she's turning into the xfactor auditionee who tries year after year and won't accept they're no good at what they desperately want to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Yes, and any of the fans who are perhaps doing a google search on her will find this site. They will get a big eye opener and a different perspective about her. I wish more people would cotton on to what she is all about, particularly those who have signed up to her Patreon.

Reactions: 26
Ex-fans, exes, family members too.......

• Wow
Reactions: 32
I found this because in my insomnia driven state I was googling to see what I could find out about the break up. I guess like many I started out admiring her, even sent her a little PayPal as I did use a few of her recipes. Then watched her turn into an absolute monster on social media. And as a very long term vegan was absolutely appalled at her acting like she’d invented tofu and jackfruit in her book that she wrote while eating meat. For a while now I’ve been hate reading all her socials and when I stumbled across all of this at about 3am it felt like coming home.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 85
It's a funny one. If she was just a bit, well, tit I suppose, I wouldn't be so het up about it. It's the deception and duplicity and borderline crookish bit that I can't forgive. Without her personal drama, she'd have disappeared from view post DKL.
Sadly, she's turning into the xfactor auditionee who tries year after year and won't accept they're no good at what they desperately want to do.
This is an excellent, chef's kiss analogy! It's astounding that she has so many followers, so many blue tickers and people like Nigella! blowing smoke up her ass, but she got a really good run of events out of Hunger Hurts thanks to her contacts at the Guardian or wherever her 'journalist friend' worked for. It was a boost up that you or me or regular Jo from the estate would never have got. The blue tickers think they're do-gooding by backing her. I'm also really bored of hearing about "how much she does" for people. Like others have said here recently, I'd love to see a list.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Yes, and any of the fans who are perhaps doing a google search on her will find this site. They will get a big eye opener and a different perspective about her. I wish more people would cotton on to what she is all about, particularly those who have signed up to her Patreon.
I googled to see if it was just me or if anyone else was suspicious of her motives. Was quite glad I wasn't alone but still disappointed when she could be doing so much good.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Just a gentle reminder to do a spoiler/trigger warning for issues such as s**fharm/abuse/s***ide etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
From this particular tattler, it’s pure bewilderment at how she even managed to get the DKL gig. How she manages to get any gig. It’s always been clear that she’s a narcissist and even before her Jamie Oliver take-down, which was outrageous, how did she end up writing in The Guardian? Why is she in the public eye at all? It’s mystifying. She’s seems to have been given a high end career by rewriting the same old story over and over again. But How? Was it Contacts? Profile? It’s not talent, and that’s the kicker.

Reactions: 35
For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack v Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread no 31 is the infamous thread on which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on page 17.

For anyone wanting to re-live the glory days of her 2 week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL): Threads 2-9

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’
🥴
One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. *She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts)*

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time.

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that.

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5 bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’

Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.
Pleased to see you've followed my entitled demands. People need to know about the mince!

Vlad, payrise for Pocahontas please.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
From this particular tattler, it’s pure bewilderment at how she even managed to get the DKL gig. How she manages to get any gig. It’s always been clear that she’s a narcissist and even before her Jamie Oliver take-down, which was outrageous, how did she end up writing in The Guardian? Why is she in the public eye at all? It’s mystifying. She’s seems to have been given a high end career by rewriting the same old story over and over again. But How? Was it Contacts? Profile? It’s not talent, and that’s the kicker.
Presumably contacts which has she has cultivated through the likes of Louisa. She is not suitable for tv, and supermarkets and product manufacturers would do well to avoid her before she damages their brand. She has homed in on the poverty thing whilst lining her own pockets. The people she claims she is helping would love to live in a bungalow with a garden.

Reactions: 32
Anyone else notice this little nugget? On the self harm bandwagon now 😴

She's riddled with scars!

ETA: sorry to just put it out there ☹ This poor woman on Instagram has revealed something really serious and I just feel that Jack is pretending to have also self harmed...
Hmm, I'm not drawing any conclusions,

But it seems a bit convenient that a working class single parent with lots of kids and an A4 book with hand written recipes to pass down to her kids, and tatts and self harm scars, turns up to tell Jock she's amazing.

Prompting Jock to show previously unseen levels of empathy, and to reveal her own history of self harm. Just after she has been slated for sucking up to biue tickers and having no concept of poor people.

Pink hat time.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
@marmaldeatkins is there something similar which shows how many tattlers we have acquired?

Reactions: 4
I do also wonder about this ‘chemical rollercoaster’ she’s about to do... perhaps the ADHD medication that has made her lose shitloads of weight and keeps her up all bleeping night tweeting bollocks, the one that made her, by her own admission, ‘off her tits’... maybe that’s... perhaps... not the right medication for her?!?? Shocking idea, I know!

Reactions: 26
I found this because in my insomnia driven state I was googling to see what I could find out about the break up. I guess like many I started out admiring her, even sent her a little PayPal as I did use a few of her recipes. Then watched her turn into an absolute monster on social media. And as a very long term vegan was absolutely appalled at her acting like she’d invented tofu and jackfruit in her book that she wrote while eating meat. For a while now I’ve been hate reading all her socials and when I stumbled across all of this at about 3am it felt like coming home.
Same here. I used to follow & support her. The lies about being vegan really pissed me off, and damaging the cause many of us genuinely care about using what I’m certain are lies & excuses. That’s how I found tattle. It’s shocking how duplicitous & manipulative it all is-and the proof is all here for anyone with an open/fair mind to see.
I kick myself I ever fell for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
What really pisses me off is why has she centred herself as the voice of poverty? She was skint for a couple of weeks. Most people, in their lifetime will have a few months of no money.
There are people out there who have grown up in poverty and are still there now. Years of being ground down and sneered at. Why can’t they be their own voice?
why some middle class prat who cos plays at being poor?
if anything it’s cultural appropriation.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.