Jack Monroe #58 Schrödinger’s Jack: simultaneously working and sleeping all hours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you really want to do something I suppose you try and find a way, there are other options than writing a book on a Nokia though. Surprisingly I've seen people giving laptops and personal computers away for free on Freecycle.

Reactions: 14
Depends what you mean by "art," food not really, what she does on those cotwolds defo not

Reactions: 10
I can't believe they send letters to visually impaired claimants! That's beyond ridiculous. (well, sadly, I can believe it, but it's still preposterous.)

I hope you and Mr Ogre are well.

Reactions: 19
Oooft, lots of sympathy over here! I get PIP as well and can confirm. It's not easy to get at all, they really make you jump through hoops and it's a very stressful process. You certainly aren't just given it.

Reactions: 20
She would have written about it if she’d tried (and failed) to get PIP. If she was genuine, and not full of shit, it would make for an interesting read and could add to her activism.

Reactions: 19
The book on phone thing...this isn’t like Harry Potter where JK needed to write it somehow to get a publishing deal. She already had the publisher off the back of her blog. What was she blogging on if she didn’t have a computer? And if she truly didn’t, why wouldn’t the publisher loan her a cheap laptop to get the book written?! It makes NO sense!!

Reactions: 28
Just as a warning, she‘s posting kitten photos again if anyone else wants to avoid them.

Reactions: 34
Massive explosion in Lebanon. Hundreds killed. Thousands injured. But Jack has a sad. Fuck off.

Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.