Jack Monroe #574 She's definitely lying about something

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In my humble opinion TenderMouse squid ink pasta is one of the worst things Iā€™ve ever eaten (I merely spectated the slop along as a lurker).

This whole spaghetti thing (what in the duck?!) is really giving me elf vibes.

Also, blitzing up orange peel to make dust? I feel like you wouldnā€™t get that consistencyā€¦

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I just don't see how leaving stuff lying around on radiators or whatever is somehow cuisine. We just call that being untidy in my house.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I meanā€¦ letā€™s go

Pasta AlFreddo (ā€˜member when they was 10p and Starbursts were Opal Fruits?)
Cacao e pepe
Spaghetti Bournevillenaise
Pasta PeppermintFrysBara
Lionbar Arrabbiata
Lionbar arrabbiata omg I am crying
---
Oh yeah, TD was quite the fan back in the day.
Tbf she did see the light a fair few years ago. It was one of those cases where you can see the dust settling and someone slowly waking up.
She does start to challenge Jack in later Guardian (and other) comments sections before she went full on trifle defending. When the Trifle Battle took place a couple of years ago (check your history books kids) someone pointed out to Jack that TD was TDing and Jack's response was something like 'yeah, Nicola blocked me years ago'
She seems like a decent person caring for and trying to help others, who had the dawning realisation she was dealing with someone would not be helped out and worse, would harm others in their vicinity willy nilly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 34
I feel like if you were just adding new orange peels to a tin full you would get nasty slime in the bottom rather than dry peels you could whizz into dust. Do you have to declare a peel embargo for a week to let it all dry? What about in the months where it's too hot for heating and too cool to dry the peels? Is peel collecting a winter only project so you can be sure the radiators are on? Doesn't she unscrew the radiators to use less gas? Am I over thinking peely lies?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Grunking disclaimer

around 21 or 22 she pissed off everyone involved in the Labour antisemitism row, this concluded with her calling J Corbz ā€œcomradeā€ also this may be where we remembermithered (pronounced Re-membermithered) or it happened, that she claimed Mr Corbin has sent her an email coz they were such friends (it was an email to all members but had her name on)

• Haha
Reactions: 45
What does moonapp say?
IMG_3831.jpeg

---
Grunking disclaimer

around 21 or 22 she pissed off everyone involved in the Labour antisemitism row, this concluded with her calling J Corbz ā€œcomradeā€ also this may be where we remembermithered (pronounced Re-membermithered) or it happened, that she claimed Mr Corbin has sent her an email coz they were such friends (it was an email to all members but had her name on)
Thanks for all that you do! As I know I shared the thread but I couldnā€™t be arsed reading the whole thing earlier as I was BUSY drinking wine
For your efforts in finding the pages Iā€™ll send you a portion of white choco pasta and a can tin of prunes. GO WELL
---
I just thought I would share this post from Jenny numnums who put it perfectly years ago xx
1716508717731.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
"Not just weird but actively repulsive" has sent me šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚.

Sounds like Jack's Tinder bio. Or an excellent thread title.
Seconded! Although the last few pages have been an absolute wealth of hilarity and potential titlesā€¦cheers Jack ya mullet for providing such bleeping gold comedic content šŸ‘Œ

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
She makes it up as she goes along, doesn't she?
Thread title!

Also what is this nonsense
Screenshot_20240524-023908.png

I think it's meant to say "to renew, relax and revive you" but I'm wondering who Stevie Yale is

Still here's where some of those work hours went. Look how the Os in Orange Oil are little oranges! I think those other blobs are leaves. guest's creativity knows no beginning

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
What did you do this weekend, Jack?
Iā€™ve been putting salt and orange rind in milk bottles and drawing labels for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Also what is this nonsense View attachment 2953843

I think it's meant to say "to renew, relax and revive you" but I'm wondering who Stevie Yale is

Still here's where some of those work hours went. Look how the Os in Orange Oil are little oranges! I think those other blobs are leaves. guest's creativity knows no beginning
At least she wants Olā€™ Stevie Yale to be renewed and relaxed. Here she is, giving her parents and (not-Nazi) Nan the gift of botulism.

Or sheā€™s pretending itā€™s ā€œvinegarā€ and itā€™s really a particularly alarming sample from a BURLY jockey who got stamped on the kidneys by his horse. Which letā€™s face it would probably be safer and more appetizing to drink than Jackā€™s KEEP ME IN THE FRIDGE ā¤ ā€œhome made vinegarā€.
IMG_9876.jpeg
IMG_9875.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
For very old timers, just to prove that things don't change, I have just felt Mr F's hand wandering round my leg and slapped it away with a 'no, I'm catching up on Jack Monroe'. 'What's she doing now?' (In a resigned fashion) 'oh nothing but I'm reading about her drying mushrooms on a radiator and mixing them with pasta and white chocolate again'

That certainly dampened his ardour.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 68
At least she wants Olā€™ Stevie Yale to be renewed and relaxed. Here she is, giving her parents and (not-Nazi) Nan the gift of botulism.

Or sheā€™s pretending itā€™s ā€œvinegarā€ and itā€™s really a particularly alarming sample from a BURLY jockey who got stamped on the kidneys by his horse. Which letā€™s face it would probably be safer and more appetizing to drink than Jackā€™s KEEP ME IN THE FRIDGE ā¤ ā€œhome made vinegarā€.
View attachment 2953886View attachment 2953887
Learn to use a comma you absolute wool.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
For very old timers, just to prove that things don't change, I have just felt Mr F's hand wandering round my leg and slapped it away with a 'no, I'm catching up on Jack Monroe'. 'What's she doing now?' (In a resigned fashion) 'oh nothing but I'm reading about her drying mushrooms on a radiator and mixing them with pasta and white chocolate again'

That certainly dampened his ardour.
I remember there was a day when Mr Fruitjack got lucky! (I hope, the poor guy)
I couldnā€™t even begin to explain guest to Mr Grifty so he just thinks I am a giggling weirdo when someone says something funny on here.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Sokay, the smell of battered tin mouldy family radiator orange peel shake nā€™ vac salad dressing garnish dust masks it
View attachment 2953458
EXTRAORDINARY SMELLING indeed. ETA table salt bath salts
View attachment 2953479
So lemme get this straight. Poor people don't have the time/energy to batch-cook food - which would save them considerable amounts of time, food and electricity/gas. But they do have time to dry oranges on a radiator, grow their own eucalyptus, dry it, and blend it (because we all own blenders?!) to use as a bath soak. When you can buy bubblebath for less than a pound in a supermarket.

Excellent.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
In my humble opinion TenderMouse squid ink pasta is one of the worst things Iā€™ve ever eaten (I merely spectated the slop along as a lurker).

This whole spaghetti thing (what in the duck?!) is really giving me elf vibes.

Also, blitzing up orange peel to make dust? I feel like you wouldnā€™t get that consistencyā€¦
Yes - I had a narrow escape with the squid ink stuff. I don't know what possessed me to buy t in the first place. Thank God I have capacious cupboards and it could be hidden at the back otherwise Mr Mice would have been saying stuff like "Are we going to try this black spaghetti-stuff?"

I was also repelled by orange peel dust, and TBH it worries me how many poor buggers actually tried her shite suggestions and narrowly escaped poisoning themselves. (Not to mention blaming themselves when the recipes didn't work.)
---
I feel like if you were just adding new orange peels to a tin full you would get nasty slime in the bottom rather than dry peels you could whizz into dust. Do you have to declare a peel embargo for a week to let it all dry? What about in the months where it's too hot for heating and too cool to dry the peels? Is peel collecting a winter only project so you can be sure the radiators are on? Doesn't she unscrew the radiators to use less gas? Am I over thinking peely lies?
Citrus peel develops hideous green mould remarkably quickly, as evidenced by my little bench top kitchen compost bin. (I just stick the peel straight into the dustbin now. I don't trust it.)
---
How is her pad not hoachin with fruit flies?
I expect they can't stand the smell.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.