Jack Monroe #574 She's definitely lying about something

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone was already deranged enough to make the headrush spaghetti: me. Yes that is a big chunk of white chocolate in the bottom right. No it did not add anything pleasant to the dish. It was exactly as minging as you'd think. Here's my original post.

View attachment 2953244
My God!

You had a narrow escape! Onion Stasi-like Onion police kicking the door in and threatening you with Onion bye-laws dry-as-duck leather mushrooms, wasted white chocolate (I could have wept at the wanton sacrifice of chocolate and garlic - sinful 😣!)

You made this slop so that we didn't have to. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO, TENDERSLOP.

<everyone on Tattle stands up and claps<>

• Haha
Reactions: 26
When I was a young child macaroni pudding used to be a fairly regular thing at school. It was basically rice pudding but made with pasta instead. Even as a very sweet toothed child I wouldn’t eat it because it was just wrong and weird.

Reactions: 23
Our thread favourite Nigella did a chocolate pasta dish on one of her shows, I could've sworn.

Sweet pasta is a thing where my mum's from and never stops being unfathomable to me.
It's probably at least made with nice ingredients though not a square of old Milkybar and whatever flora guest found growing behind her radiator

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
To be fair. A lot of us have been taken in by guest at some point.
Thankfully we've seen the light, including TD.
Antonio Carluccio used to sell chocolate pasta in the deli part of his restaurants.
I bought some with the intention of using it in a dessert but it all seemed a bit heavy on the carbs like a rice pudding and it went out of date at the back of a cupboard.
it went out of date at the back of a cupboard.

That reminds me - I found some squid ink pasta in the back of a cupboard just the other day. We brought it back from Florence in - what year is it now? A few years ago anyway - possibly decades. I was frightened of it and hid it at the back. It's in the bin now.

If only I had thought to add some Malteasers to it.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
When I was a young child macaroni pudding used to be a fairly regular thing at school. It was basically rice pudding but made with pasta instead. Even as a very sweet toothed child I wouldn’t eat it because it was just wrong and weird.
I've got a tin of Ambrosia creamed macaroni pudding. Bought it for the novelty but it has reamined unopened.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
I mean… let’s go

Pasta AlFreddo (‘member when they was 10p and Starbursts were Opal Fruits?)
Cacao e pepe
Spaghetti Bournevillenaise
Pasta PeppermintFrysBara
Lionbar Arrabbiata

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
It’s fascinating that as soon as she starts threatening her latest lovebombing target with disgusting sex pasta slops they suddenly “remember” that they are SEVERELY ALLERGIC TO don’t like one of the key ingredients

Leggy
View attachment 2953256

poor LJC wasn’t quite as prepared, but quickly recovered to only make that mistake once.
View attachment 2953255

And then there’s Ol Hazza, and the time that rather than be subjected to this View attachment 2953278
“Deactivated” for like a bleeping day 💀💀💀

What a bleeping melt 😂😂 you’re not 14 Jack - romping 100000 miles to school everyday - so grow the duck up.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Imagine the smell as the mushrooms sit on top of the radiators. 🤢
Sokay, the smell of battered tin mouldy family radiator orange peel shake n’ vac salad dressing garnish dust masks it
IMG_9873.jpeg

EXTRAORDINARY SMELLING indeed. ETA table salt bath salts
IMG_9874.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
I see this was before TD called her out … View attachment 2953029
Oh yeah, TD was quite the fan back in the day.
Tbf she did see the light a fair few years ago. It was one of those cases where you can see the dust settling and someone slowly waking up.
She does start to challenge Jack in later Guardian (and other) comments sections before she went full on trifle defending. When the Trifle Battle took place a couple of years ago (check your history books kids) someone pointed out to Jack that TD was TDing and Jack's response was something like 'yeah, Nicola blocked me years ago'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
this is actually such a good idea for guest. politics themed recipes. Green party cucumber and mint summer cold soup. Tory party blueberry tart. Labour party the same as the Tory one but with some red jam on top to try to look different. Lib dem custard tarts in the classic diamond shape. Etc etc. a nice project to keep her busy
Is this meant to symbolise something? 😝

Too short
Just amusing myself thinking about guest rocking up to the WI with her slow cooker greengage jam.
Or rocking up to the WI with a stab vest.
---
Me and @Witchfinder Sargeant exposing ourselves as the Canal psychos here...
I nearly replied to the earlier post, but stopped because I didn't want to give this impression. :ROFLMAO: Although, Sniper Makka Pakka isn't exactly an intimidating thought. There are much creepier kids' tv characters.

Would anyone be surprised if you needed a stab vest around these two? I don't think so.

1716496760281.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I'm guessing it was similar to noodle kugel? I hope we don't summon Yiddish Guest again.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
That’s the one. Apologies I was convinced she had appropriated the other for some tweet too.

I did however find an old thread from when the Corbyn anti-semitism inquiry came out and she googled some Yiddish like a clown. Back in October 2020

There’s a full moon today canal and there was also a full moon on thread 97 which I have just been reading, please let there be chaos!
What does moonapp say?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I hate that bleeping "I would obviously have been fighting the good fight against the Nazis if I was alive in 30s Germany" bollocks. It's so easy to sit at a distance of 85 years, having never lived under totalitarianism and cast yourself as the hero. You have no bleeping idea what you would have done in that situation.
She would have kept her head down until the final days of the Nazi regime were obvious then popped up as the pluckiest resistance fighter there ever was.

Genuinely quite the problem back then, by all accounts.

Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.