Jack Monroe #574 She's definitely lying about something

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What did you do this weekend, Jack?
I’ve been putting salt and orange rind in milk bottles and drawing labels for it.
And its only Friday.
Where are the "wild" herbs in this recipe? I thought she must be out at dawn harvesting nettles* or something. Were they just "wild" because they were furious that she'd trimmed off a few leaves or something?

*I have a recipe somewhere for nettle soup. I've never made it.

I have, however, put baby dandelion leaves in a salad and they were OK.
I made nettle pesto in lockdown - vile. The nettle beer though was fantastic.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
"Apologies to Viginia Wolfe for not managing an entire 'room of my own in which to write' "

What the hecking heck is she going on about? Not only does she have a "room of her own in which to write" she's got a whole massive house to herself "in which to write"
Guest missing the mark once again. Woolf was actually discussing "a woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction", not crappy recipes. But then again, her entire backstory is fiction, so perhaps I’m not giving her the benefit of the doubt here.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Just turned the tv on and Saturday Kitchen Live just had a bit of bread perched on a bean can.

#prayforthebungamansionradiators
Saw that, and couldn’t believe that when Sir Matt asked about it Anna Haugh said, “It’s the sort of thing your granny might have done if she didn’t have a loaf tin”.
I mean the opportunity to attribute it to manic pixie Matilda brain was right there. Have these “chefs” learned nothing from DKL?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
With FruitJack sharing her previous post (2021) early Slopalong with the white chocolate and mushroom pasta, I went back to that thread and a never seen before (by me) post which could have been Jack’s first recipe blog.

Valli, I put it to you that in March 2012 Jack might have been suggesting she was on the bones of her arse by then?? Please can you check and see how this ties in with what else she was doing at that point?

yet here she is making cakes with the very obvious food of the poor, macadamia nuts.
Here she is in March 2012, at the time she was having a lovely time with her Abel and Cole deliveries and most definitely not on the bones of her arse
IMG_9941.jpeg
Here’s the very earliest version of March 2012 when she was still “Our Southend”.
When she later told the story of March 2012 by then she was in abject poverty with an unplugged fridge, unscrewed lightbulbs, her hair in an Alice band because she couldn’t afford to get it cut and (depending on which version of the lie she’s telling) either was or was not already reliant on the food bank

She WAS however already writing her pompous
✨✨STAR LETTERS✨✨to THE NEWSPAPER
IMG_9942.jpeg

wishing to PUNCH the newspaper stand
IMG_9943.jpeg
and having conniptions about PAINTING THE CIVIC
IMG_9944.jpeg
Edit: here’s another very early version of March 2012 by which time she’d become A Girl Called Jack.
Needless to say, in this version of the archives (that includes the original 2012 Hunger Hurts post) every single one of those FANCY recipes has already been deleted

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I think Sir Matt of the forearms was wary of Candyman-ing her by mentioning her name, maybe more of a Beetlejuice situation:

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.