Jack Monroe #574 She's definitely lying about something

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Uncanny - this is what actuaL Cherie Blair looks like now...
View attachment 2951857
Imelda Marcos aged better.

Of course, she looked after her feet.
---
What? She wanted to take the bleeping mace on a bus?
Is it just mace you aren't allowed on a bus, or are other spices also forbidden?
---
What? She wanted to take the bleeping mace on a bus?
Is it just mace you aren't allowed on a bus, or are other spices also forbidden?
---
I know people and can organise a cement mixing lorry of Smash that could give us a supply sufficient to last the 6 weeks campaign. We could splat ALL of Soho House
We could probably earn a few bob wrestling in any that was left over.

I can see "Damen im Smash" being very popular with a certain portion of the male population.

just sayin'

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I hate that bleeping "I would obviously have been fighting the good fight against the Nazis if I was alive in 30s Germany" bollocks. It's so easy to sit at a distance of 85 years, having never lived under totalitarianism and cast yourself as the hero. You have no bleeping idea what you would have done in that situation.
This annoys me no end. I try and live my life with integrity, a consistent set of values and I call out bullshit when I see it, but in the face of a murderous regime, would I have risked being dragged into the town square and shot in the head for joining the resistance, or would I have kept my head down and tried my best to keep my family safe? How could I possibly know?

People like Jack seem to really enjoy declaring themselves on "the right side of history", despite having never demonstrated a coherent set of values, and as if how we go down in history is for us to determine. She can barely figure out which side of bed to get out of, much less anything else.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Urrrgh duck the duck OFFFFF with this tit Jack, ya walloper…
Yesterday, I had a section on critical thinking (ha! Something talked about a lot here and in general on grifter threads) but it was actually really hard for me to get the terms used - epistemological anyone?

Anyway, I was in pain with my chest and legs so had had a lower dose of my meds to try and keep my mind clear… long story short, I had to ask AI to help simplify things for me over and over until I could write it in a way I understand. The whole thing took me 8 hours and then the self doubt crept in as to whether I’m “good enough” to complete a psychology degree… I honestly felt like crying both in pain and in terms of the aforementioned self doubt. THAT was exhausting.

To end on a happier note, I now understand the theories and terms behind critical thinking, it’s written in my notes in an easy way so I have them for reference when they pop up in modules and my pain abated when I could take my usual meds dose so that I floated off to sleep. All this whilst managing housework, genuine school runs and dinner that actually tasted nice. Jack hasn’t got a bleeping clue what physical/mental exhaustion means. She can get in the bleeping bin 🤬

Also, thank duck for Tattle and the Depher threads - during my (many) breaks in study as they kept me slightly sane and gave a bit of relief from what I was trying to do.
I have a psychology degree tender stew and my experience was that the biggest struggle for most people was the statistics. If you want a degree recognises by the British Psychological Society then there are some core modules you have to complete but depending on the uni you can also choose some of your modules. They don't expect you to know everything the day you start and everyone has different interests and aims x

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yeah, I know, but I’m a really good shot!

In other news, this is something else I don’t get.
View attachment 2952480
Being active on Twitter and on the TV and campaigning and loud and busy and fighting the trolls are exhausting.

Being inactive and gentle and quiet and low profile and getting no attention are exhausting.

Jack, if you are reading - as we suspect - you might want to get yourself down the doctor’s, love. It sounds like you could have ME.
She's certainly got MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME AND ME AGAIN!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
View attachment 2952748
Right about the time she had disability emoji in bio, then. So much to despise about this one article.
The whole thing has big ‘white-as-mayo’ video vibes; “Sit the duck down and shut the duck up” 😡
I wish someone would find a copy of that somewhere, y’know like when somebody finds a lost episode of a sitcom on a VHS in a box in the loft. It would be glorious.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
OK, let's take a closer look at this 'delicious' spaghetti recipe...

Headrush spaghetti with dried mushrooms, white chocolate and cream.
Ingredients (per person):
100g spaghetti
100g mushrooms, dried
2 garlic cloves
20g white chocolate
1 tbsp oil
50ml cream
Fresh parsley, to serve
Hard strong cheese, to serve

Drying mushrooms deeply intensifies their flavour, and I buy them from the reduced chiller when I find them – all varieties – and pop them on a baking sheet in the oven for 40 minutes at 180C, or until crisp. They should snap like a cracker when cool. If 40 minutes in the oven sounds a lot – make a batch of Easy Peasy Soda Bread or Love Soup at the same time, or both… [OK this is bullshit and something she's copied wrong off the internet - every recipe I've found online for dried mushrooms involves lower, slower drying in an oven - most say a temperature of 170 FARENHEIT, not centigrade, for at least two hours or more. Anyone have some mushrooms that they'd be willing to experiment with and see what happens to them after 40mins at 180C?? ]
When your mushrooms have dried out, allow them to cool and store in a clean airtight jar. I’ve had mine for around 6 months now in a Kilner jar , and they’re still good. [Liar]
To make dinner…
Pop a pan of water onto the boil, and add your pasta. Reduce the heat to a simmer and simmer gently for 8 minutes, or until cooked. [Can't fault this]
To make the sauce, first pound the mushrooms to break them down. If you don’t have a mortar and pestle, use a pair of kitchen scissors and a teacup, or a rolling pin (or empty bottle as equivalent) on a chopping board or work surface. Or fling them in a blender. Just do what you have to to crush them down a bit… [This is only going to work if they're actually dried, as per my first point]
Cheat-roast the garlic: pop it into a bowl or onto a saucer, rub a little oil into the papery skins, and put in the microwave for 30 seconds on a high heat. {I actually just tried this - it does not work. You get slightly warm rock hard garlic]
Squash the sweet garlic pulp from the skins [NOPE - it is rock hard] into the dried mushrooms, and add the cream and white chocolate [HOW are you meant to prepare the chocolate? there are no instructions - chop? grate? stick the whole bar in? useless twit].
Toss through the pasta with the oil, and serve in a heap with fresh torn parsley and finely grated hard strong cheese scattered on top. [that's 1 TABLESPOON of oil PER PERSON, plus 50ml cream. MMMmmm cold cream, chocolate chunks, raw garlic, slimy oil and crusty mushrooms - no mention of emulsifying with pasta water or anything. Yum Yum! yes please Jack I'd love to have sex with you right now, after I've finished vomiting]

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
I have a psychology degree tender stew and my experience was that the biggest struggle for most people was the statistics. If you want a degree recognises by the British Psychological Society then there are some core modules you have to complete but depending on the uni you can also choose some of your modules. They don't expect you to know everything the day you start and everyone has different interests and aims x
Oh god yes. I still have nightmares about calculating standard deviations 😩

I agree though, worth having a good look around as some of the modules and courses are better than others. My uni experience was many many years ago now though.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Thank Christ for brilliant, bright, dedicated, little black girl Diane Abbott too.
View attachment 2952716
It’s not Glamour “twisting her words” either. She dirty deleted it from her blog but it’s (temporarily) back with all the other dirty deletesView attachment 2952720
View attachment 2952718
What a patronising cowbag she is. :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: 30

100g spaghetti
100g mushrooms, dried
2 garlic cloves
20g white chocolate
1 tbsp oil
50ml cream
Fresh parsley, to serve

Drying mushrooms deeply intensifies their flavour, and I buy them from the reduced chiller when I find them – all varieties – and pop them on a baking sheet in the oven for 40 minutes at 180C, or until crisp. They should snap like a cracker when cool. If 40 minutes in the oven sounds a lot – make a batch of Easy Peasy Soda Bread or Love Soup at the same time, or both… [OK this is bullshit and something she's copied wrong off the internet - every recipe I've found online for dried mushrooms involves lower, slower drying in an oven - most say a temperature of 170 FARENHEIT, not centigrade, for at least two hours or more. Anyone have some mushrooms that they'd be willing to experiment with and see what happens to them after 40mins at 180C?? ]
When your mushrooms have dried out, allow them to cool and store in a clean airtight jar. I’ve had mine for around 6 months now in a Kilner jar , and they’re still good. [Liar]
To make dinner…
Pop a pan of water onto the boil, and add your pasta. Reduce the heat to a simmer and simmer gently for 8 minutes, or until cooked. [Can't fault this]
To make the sauce, first pound the mushrooms to break them down. If you don’t have a mortar and pestle, use a pair of kitchen scissors and a teacup, or a rolling pin (or empty bottle as equivalent) on a chopping board or work surface. Or fling them in a blender. Just do what you have to to crush them down a bit… [This is only going to work if they're actually dried, as per my first point]
Cheat-roast the garlic: pop it into a bowl or onto a saucer, rub a little oil into the papery skins, and put in the microwave for 30 seconds on a high heat. {I actually just tried this - it does not work. You get slightly warm rock hard garlic]
Squash the sweet garlic pulp from the skins [NOPE - it is rock hard] into the dried mushrooms, and add the cream and white chocolate [HOW are you meant to prepare the chocolate? there are no instructions - chop? grate? stick the whole bar in? useless twit].
Toss through the pasta with the oil, and serve in a heap with fresh torn parsley and finely grated hard strong cheese scattered on top. [that's 1 TABLESPOON of oil PER PERSON, plus 50ml cream. MMMmmm cold cream, chocolate chunks, raw garlic, slimy oil and crusty mushrooms - no mention of emulsifying with pasta water or anything. Yum Yum! yes please Jack I'd love to have sex with you right now, after I've finished vomiting]
Maybe she got a head rush as she accidentally used the special shrooms.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
You can buy porcini stock cubes and stop all that nonsense. they're not smart price but they're normally around £1.50. I can be a middle class wanker sometimes and bring back a stash from my annual eurocamp holiday in Italy.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Love the idea that it's not just a stab vest, it's a custom stab vest. Presumably she's just too special and smol and pixie-like to fit into a regular one and had to have a special one softly and painstakingly crafted for her.

Still laughing at the idea of wearing one to bleeping Glastonbury, of all places, where most people are just off their tits having a nice bop along to an 80s crooner, not - typically - smuggling in weapons to unleash on a z-list slop blogger.
Custom stab vest? for fucksake. I best she didn't see change from £400 them. Much poor very budget

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
I’m reading about the resistance in Nazi-occupied Rome at the moment and her pompous declamations are a really good pointer to how uneducated she is on the subject. It’s just a way of intimating that she’s a more virtuous and principled person than the rest of us. In reality that level of bravery and selflessness is a rare commodity and >99% of people (me included and definitely guest) wouldn’t have it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
[/QUOTE]

Awww thank you tenderstem ❤ yes mine is recognised by the BPS (I get free membership for my first year 👏🏻👏🏻) and through the OU as I can’t attend conventional unis. I’ve picked my modules and yeah agree with you there - I’m going to be brushing up on my maths skills as that’s not a strong topic of mine at all!
Yeah my interest is in forensic psychology - I have lots of books of it which are very informative and I’m laying the groundwork mentally hopefully 🤞🏻 X

Sorry Fraus - on topic, Jack is a faaacking liability
ETA - sorry dear @Valiofthedolls no idea what half formed thought i was on when I was replying to you like early this morning 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

100g spaghetti
100g mushrooms, dried
2 garlic cloves
20g white chocolate
1 tbsp oil
50ml cream
Fresh parsley, to serve

To make dinner…
Holy Mary Mother of God this is one of the most revolting things I’ve ever read, what is WRONG with her?!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I have a dehydrator (yes I'm fancy) and it only goes up to 90°C. She doesn't know what she is doing.

Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.