Jack Monroe #57 1 potato, 2 potato, 3 potato, 4, got the designer gear, need cash for more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this might be the worst yet. I feel like I’m bracing myself for it!

Was her appearance here the same time as a full moon?

I posted in July when the David Walliams stuff kicked off.

'July 5th. According to my Old Moore's Almanac (I get it each year because my Granddad did, just because I like to do things that remind me of him), it's a full moon tonight.

The last full moon was June 5th. Which was the BLM meltdown.

One before that, 7th May. Sheds and things. And hair a day or so later.

One before that, 7th April.'

Hormonal disruptions can play havoc with mental health from teenage years onwards.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I'm working 15 hours a day and sleeping 20 hours as well.
I can't pay my bills but can afford sleeper cabins, renting an apartment and eating at Dishoom.
I feel drained yet reborn too, simultaneously.

Jack's going to have to add whiplash to her list of ailments. Or, she needs a visit from Max von Sydow to exorcise her.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
I suppose if you live your life through Twitter and delete the tweets then those things never happened. Like the recent expensive Scotland jaunt when she was super happy.

Reactions: 23
Can you focus enough to read 40 books when you're burnt out?
Hate to say anything that might make me seem like I agree with JM, but after I had a nervous breakdown and was laid/doped up recovering, reading was the only thing I could do except sleep.

Still never managed to come close to reading the same amount of books in the same time as I did in tht six months.

So I actually believe her on that one - deffo possible to focus on books, if it’s all you’re capable of doing. Doubtful if you’re doing other things whilst ‘burned out’ though....

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She mentioned to someone that Patreon is in dollars in a tweet, Amanda Palmer's Patreon is in pounds. She would have had the option to choose which currency on sign up - It's not as she said 'how Patreon is'.
Yeah the one I support is in Euros

Reactions: 5
Didn't everyone get their first home stuff from Argos if they were lucky enough to buy as opposed to all second hand? Especially if you were nowhere near an Ikea! The cheapest homeware and a jumble of furniture still made it feel like home, it doesn't matter where it came from.
Yep, we had Denby on our wedding list, but that was pretty much it. Plus some little bits from Argos so that people didn't feel obliged to spend much. My dress was only £60 though, and I made the 3 tier cake, as I didn't want anything too showy.
It did take us to our 40s to actually splash out on decent wooden matching furniture though, even then I struggled to justify the cost.
Still don't live in a fancy detached house though:LOL:
Yep, even our wedding rings were from Argos and came in at £20 and £35 twenty five years ago. Now, all these years later neither of us even wear our rings

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.