Jack Monroe #568 Things Jack doesn't understand - Gaslighting, Gas heating, Gastronomy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It must infuriate her that people in the Comments Club, where ✨ everyone is lovely ✨ is feeding back to here 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Can I just ask wtf she means by a 'fishing gig'? Is she being paid to fish for an audience? Speaking at an ichthyologist conference? About to perform some slam poetry using fishing as another tired metaphor for addressing poverty? Is she back on her Christian Jack and off to be a 'fisher of men'?

Or does she just mean 'fishing trip' and once again this is an example of Jack using words that do not mean what she thinks they mean?
Off Catfishing perhaps?

Christ alive she's so bleeping boring isn't she? 😑

• Haha
Reactions: 29
FWiW, Agatha Christie was very well know for her love of surfing and the sea back in the 1920s. This is not new news. She certainly wasn't a pioneering British person to surf standing up, but was most likely one of very few British women to do the same simply due to the social constraints of the time.
But like I say, this not a new barely known revelation.
i just bought Lucy Worsleys book ON Agatha. remind me to factcheck guest

Reactions: 20
She's probably been watching all of the regional feature/cookery programmes (Rick Stein, Hairy Bikers, Andi Oliver, Mary Berry,etc) and decided that she can pretend that she's been travelling during her absence and is so popular that she's been invited to fish on an inshore boat and then prepare them a meal as a thank you.
Those poor fishermen/women having to eat a mackerel or dab curry (of course it's not real so they'll be fine).

• Haha
Reactions: 32
She’s probably just going on a mackerel fishing trip, us locals laugh at the townies doing that. Just know that guest. If you come back from it being all completed it mate about fishing and sailing, you will be the laughing stock.
However, I’m wisen to her ways, I know if probably won’t happen at all.

Reactions: 24
Still bemused that someone who claims to be poor and lives within walking distance to the sea, in a county which presumably like any other has rivers and pools, would travel to the other side of the country for a spot of fishing, but you do you, Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Still bemused that someone who claims to be poor and lives within walking distance to the sea, in a county which presumably like any other has rivers and pools, would travel to the other side of the country for a spot of fishing, but you do you, Jack.
Actually I didn’t even think of that haha what a knob! Jack, not me that is.
Actually I can be a knob too sometimes

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Jack's past patterns of behaviour, especially her habit of using SM to make pass agg attacks on people in her IRL, lead me to believe that her recent silence has been due to her being focussed on a new beau, and not wanting to come off as crazy by posting madness on SM, which evidence suggests frightened Harold when he found out about her twitter presence and reputation.

Now, the new beau has seen sense and LEFT (probably surreptitiously, in the night, by a window) leaving Jack to pull out her usual playbook. What's that I hear you cry: introspection and a commitment to learn from the break up and do better? Don't be stoopid, OF COURSE NOT! Nah, it's another twitter drive-by shooting at her recent ex and also LJC while she's at it (cos Jack is like Rose in Titanic or, more realistically, Alex in Fatal Attraction: she NEVER LETS GO).

From the LFC tweet and garden tweet, we may gather that the proximate cause of her most recent break up was perhaps concerns expressed by her ex about her relationship with her son. Hence, time to prove I AM THE GREATEST MUVVER EVAHHHHH. You're welcome.
The Spousetrap.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
She's probably been watching all of the regional feature/cookery programmes (Rick Stein, Hairy Bikers, Andi Oliver, Mary Berry,etc) and decided that she can pretend that she's been travelling during her absence and is so popular that she's been invited to fish on an inshore boat and then prepare them a meal as a thank you.
Those poor fishermen/women having to eat a mackerel or dab curry (of course it's not real so they'll be fine).
Yeah but we Frauen have had to watch her dirty, shaky (flappy skinned) hands struggling to grate corned beef.

Now imagine watching those same hands fillet a fish.

The Spousetrap.
It's been playing over and over again in the west end in Southend for over 70 years.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
It’s deffo a gig. There’s no way she’s funding that trip herself (or taking the boy along).
Torquay direction is pretty broad. Maybe TV’s Rick or TV’s Hugh have a new show where they teach someone who’s bullshitted a cookery ‘career’ how to make something edible?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
I do the "we" thing about football but then again, I have actually been to games and not in the pub either 🙄 Her ghoulish ways are frightful though, especially about the tragedy anniversary being today.

bleep

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Has anyone seen this before? It’s an article where she says she avoids “battles” over eating her slops at meal times by making her son (and HER ADULT PARTNER) have a public chart where they can only list four things that they don’t like to eat.

The controlling, spiteful cow. I can only imagine poor SB’s looks like this:

IMG_0924.jpeg

…if this is anything to go by:

IMG_0921.jpeg

So only sometimes will the poor little sod even try the tit that’s put in front of him. No wonder he’s usually asking for nuggets and mash. I bet Louisa was too. And she’s a vegetarian.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Has anyone seen this before? It’s an article where she says she avoids “battles” over eating her slops at meal times by making her son (and HER ADULT PARTNER) have a public chart where they can only list four things that they don’t like to eat.

The controlling, spiteful cow. I can only imagine poor SB’s looks like this:

View attachment 2876334

…if this is anything to go by:

View attachment 2876335
So only sometimes will the poor little sod even try the tit that’s put in front of him. No wonder he’s usually asking for nuggets and mash. I bet Louisa was too. And she’s a vegetarian.
And, of course, the article cites this approach as “a genius hack”. Enabling tossers.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.