Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MurielSnark

VIP Member
Jack’s DEAD grandad used to drink his sherry out of a set of miniature silver ones (one missing).
View attachment 2875724

Oh hang on, it’s just the one goblet, and he used to put his fag butts in it down the alley and now it’s for “thingies in the hall”.
View attachment 2875725

Oh hang on, that’s bollox too, cos he didn’t use a goblet as an alley ashtray, cos he used to drop his cigarette butts down the back of a wall with a traffic cone and a milk crate behind it
View attachment 2875731
Needless to say all goblet-related guest utterances are a big steaming goblet of bullshit.
a bunch of gobletdegook uttered by a true gobshite

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
Can anyone find the 'Burglar Bill Jack in Clink" pic as a little reminder to her that actions ( or lack of them) have consequences?😃

• Haha
Reactions: 20

MavisBeacon

VIP Member
I bet she would do a speech - to be fair, I wouldn't judge her for that, I insisted on doing a speech at my own wedding too

I’m guessing they were trying to pick up on people searching for the equally disgustingly named Pinch of Nom books. They’ve inexplicably got another one out about air fryers.
At my old job my manager and his wife both worked for the company but she was part-time with kids. When another colleague asked if his wife would like Pinch of Nom for her birthday, he said no as he quite likes not being divorced!

• Haha

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
FWiW, Agatha Christie was very well know for her love of surfing and the sea back in the 1920s. This is not new news. She certainly wasn't a pioneering British person to surf standing up, but was most likely one of very few British women to do the same simply due to the social constraints of the time.
But like I say, this not a new barely known revelation.
i just bought Lucy Worsleys book ON Agatha. remind me to factcheck guest

StatusWoe

VIP Member
If it is her it’s a bit like a slow game of whackamole (Jack-a-Mole?) where she’s popping up in random places then swiftly getting batted back down…
Jack-a-Mole would make a great thread title! Either that or the dolphin on Mars one. :ROFLMAO: 😂

Christ. Whatever happened to wiping it on the curtains.
The Jack suggestion would probably be something dangerous involving flannels, empty tuna tins and carabiners.

• Haha

Carefree

VIP Member
I think the book reading is meant to put one in mind of Matilda and how precocious she was but also how she's the scrappy, brainy one in a family of money worshippers. Alas, I did not laugh or think that - at all.

• Haha

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
Why bother filtering the fuck out of your face, yet not touching up the grey hairs?

Is that to make it look more authentic?

• Haha

chizontiz

Chatty Member
I think things like the person defending Carrie are exactly why guest got away with so much for so long. I don’t deny that many women in the public eye are treated poorly but the flip side of that, is that people like guest will be frequently excused with "MISOGYNY, god forbid women enjoy things, you're just tearing down her confidence cuz she's a woman, how dare a working class mum be successful amirite"
the irony being that denying that women have agency to be cunts/behave poorly is (probably) in itself misogynistic

I agree with you re Jack, but surely her parents weren’t happy with her leaving school with few qualifications or prospects. From everything we know about them they’re the type who want/expect their children to ‘do them proud’. I can’t believe they didn’t try to get her to stay in education, even if it was vocational rather than A levels.
If she is the same now as she was then they probably thought it was a waste of time. We know she’s a lazy arse. I imagine they thought her getting a job would teach her some routine and responsibility for a bit and she could do some training when she grew up a bit. Never happened though.