Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LizzieE.

Yeah Mumsnet is mad now isn’t it. They’ve all gone really nasty. I sometimes used it in all seriousness way back and it was cliquey as hell but supportive. Now it’s like, someone will post asking for support to leave their abusive spouse and keep full custody of their kids and the first replies will be all THIS IS YOUR FAULT FOR HAVING CHILDREN WITH THIS MAN or YOU ARE CLEARLY NOT A RESPONSIBLE PARENT TO PUT YOUR CHILDREN IN THIS SITUATION.

I date Mumsnets true downfall to the start of the CoL crisis cos interest rates went up and all the Boden mummies suddenly got hit with the realisation that their mortgages were too big and they could no longer afford to buy seitan and massive salads to enable them to maintain their size 8 figures.

Oh dear, how sad.

Although ironically it is now the kind of place where someone like Jack would genuinely be told she should’ve kept her legs shut.
Yep I got out when those replies started in at the top of a thread. If it was unpleasant enough to think, then just say it. Some posters were still thoughtful and genuine in their response but God help us there was unhinged responses. Straight in with the unfounded accusations of parental incompetence and beyond. And cliquey. I didn't find it a place of any joy so I disengaged and it wasn't hard to leave it behind.
On here, I meander along with the flow, it never turns into a massive rucking row, people are listened to and spoken to with respect and genuine consideration.

I've learned loads about all sorts and had my stomach actually do a 360 roll at some of the recepies. I dont get the boak. Blood and guts are not really an issue but some stuff if hers has given me the kind that start behind your knees and send a ripple through your scalp without actually puking.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
That spoilered pic is of Emily Lloyd in Wish You Were Here, based on the life of a proper rebel, Cynthia Payne. Emily had crippling psychological problems that dogged her throughout her life, otherwise I suspect she’d have been incredibly successful as she had real talent.

Anyway, my point is that in no respect is that image representative of guest 😅
It's a great film and Emily was brilliant in it. She is also a nepo baby though. Though she clearly has talent unlike guest. Emily's grandfather was a Hammer Horror actor and I suspect many slops were used in the special effects department. So perhaps guest is even older than we thought.

• Haha
  • Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I wonder if the "I had to close my business" nonsense is because she's not got a single invite to any of the festivals this year? Please let it be so.
Surely it’s her ltd, so we couldn’t see her earnings when she submitted her accounts

StewPots

VIP Member
With narcs this "Oh isn't the football fun, look how normal I am, let's talk about nice normal things!" sometimes works in real life with people, because you're just grateful they're not being unhinged.

On Twitter is a whole different kettle of fish.

Surprised she hasn't cooked fish in a kettle tbh.
Oh fucking hell, that’s the next Currys deal isn’t it?

“Cook ASDA value haddock in your SMEG Spenny Kettle”

• Haha
  • Sick
She probably thinks it's one of very few safe topics.

Politics - Jack doesn't care about politics. Risk of being drawn into an argument is too high.
Food - DIRE
Sideboards & soft furnishings - draws attention to her spending habits.
Bad mentals - sympathy has mostly run dry.
Selfie - a bad selfie might be turned into Jack-as-Fish.
Can't imagine many of her Glastonbury sized crowd follow her for her punditry skills. More pumble fans innit?

• Haha

MurielSnark

VIP Member
There was a podcast about AC hosted by Greg Jenner called 'You're Dead To Me' which featured Lucy Worsley and Sue Perkins. The information that guest is now dining out on was mentioned in the podcast.
It's still available on BBC I Player.
There was a whole rush of Agatha Christie stuff two years ago when Worsley published her book, did a TV programme and endless tie-ins across various platforms. So guest is not exactly keeping up with the zeitgeist on this.

• Haha

VielleFemme

I bet she's got hold of Lucy Worsley's book about her. I remember reading about her surfing in that, although I can't remember the exact details.

ETA, just seen the cream drinking tweet. Yep, she's definitely reading it. It's a pretty good book - don't let guest spoil anyone from reading it!
Apologies if this has been said already, but there are some much better AC biogs out there. I went through a massive AC phase during covid (something reassuring about everything
I bet she's got hold of Lucy Worsley's book about her. I remember reading about her surfing in that, although I can't remember the exact details.

ETA, just seen the cream drinking tweet. Yep, she's definitely reading it. It's a pretty good book - don't let guest spoil anyone from reading it!
There are some great books on AC out there, including her own autobiography. I went through a big AC during lockdown and read pretty much everything she's ever written, I think. She's a weirder and more interesting writer (and person) than I'd realised. Albeit the most totally WASPy Englishwoman ever.

Now going to read rest of thread in case other people have already recommended t them, to save me the trouble.

Carefree

VIP Member
I'd apply for Jamie's job but the wages aren't enough and if you'd even see my figure, you'd know I like food 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

houseofhoop

VIP Member
Still bemused that someone who claims to be poor and lives within walking distance to the sea, in a county which presumably like any other has rivers and pools, would travel to the other side of the country for a spot of fishing, but you do you, Jack.
Actually I didn’t even think of that haha what a knob! Jack, not me that is.
Actually I can be a knob too sometimes

• Haha

hereforthechaos

He’s been doing the banana joke on Facebook recently.

When did she first mention she was moving out the bungalow du merde? Hasn’t it been about 18 months at this point.
Could be her next culinary/lifestyle rebrand. Maison du Merde. It's for everyone, even if you're renting

• Haha
Reactions: 21