Jack Monroe #566 Set flavours to none

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not been here in a bit as was doing too much Kate research but is Jack back and has she moved yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Ninnies, us deprived colonials on the other side of the pond are only now getting to see the latest series of Masked Singer.

NO SPOILERS PLEASE as the Grand Final episode airs this weekend.

As much as I was anticipating seeing Air Fryer, having been alerted by the discussion here, I knew as soon as Air Fryer appeared that it was not guest. (a) it could really sing
(b) it had stage presence, even in a bulky costume, and
(c) it was not rude to the judging panel.

Nevertheless I'm sure there was "it should have been me" howling in the bungamansion......

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Ninnies, us deprived colonials on the other side of the pond are only now getting to see the latest series of Masked Singer.

NO SPOILERS PLEASE as the Grand Final episode airs this weekend.

As much as I was anticipating seeing Air Fryer, having been alerted by the discussion here, I knew as soon as Air Fryer appeared that it was not guest. (a) it could really sing
(b) it had stage presence, even in a bulky costume, and
(c) it was not rude to the judging panel.

Nevertheless I'm sure there was "it should have been me" howling in the bungamansion......
Ooh, where can I watch it? I already know who wins etc but I'd love to see the series.

Reactions: 8
I always laugh when people ask if she's moved yet, but I also get annoyed that she is definitely reading this and knows exactly what the joke is, but she will be making out that an obsessed group of dangerous criminals are once again trying to find out where she lives.

duck off. We are taking the piss out of you, and genuinely couldn't give a tit where you actually are.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I always laugh when people ask if she's moved yet, but I also get annoyed that she is definitely reading this and knows exactly what the joke is, but she will be making out that an obsessed group of dangerous criminals are once again trying to find out where she lives.

duck off. We are taking the piss out of you, and genuinely couldn't give a tit where you actually are.
So true - although the bespoke Essex police squad will also investigate and realise it’s literally people ripping the tit out of her and also she gives away where she lives quite easily when she’s having a bout of verbal diarrhoea.

IF she hasn’t moved yet, can you imagine how dusty and minging those performative cardboard boxes will be.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Ooh, where can I watch it? I already know who wins etc but I'd love to see the series.
It's on GameTV (specialty cable channel) in Canada, not sure where else it might be airing.
---
The downgrading of her blog back to "Our Southend: Musings of a Provincial Woman" and the removal of an agent link on her hellsite profile suggest no return to the limelight.
Don't despair, tenderheart, she's still listed on Kruger Cowne's website. A small glimmer of hope, but a glimmer nonetheless.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I wonder when this was filmed. Her voice, though still unbearable, is no where near as bad and as ‘nasal’ as now .
she must have a bad cold due to all the ❄❄❄
She always trots out the old ‘well that’s a very big question for a very small amount of interview time’ nonsense to avoid answering

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Was tinker not a profession? I.e tinker, Taylor, soldier, spy
Yes. Somebody who could fix things, tinker with them. Not an apprentice or journeyman etc, but somebody who you could call upon to make amends. No idea why it has become a slur.
---
Only when I've had another book out and got a new talk. And even then, it's tricky if your book comes out at the wrong time of year or you're competing with other more interesting people with pushier publishers/agents.
There are times when I think we should have a tattle meet up. Wigs, masks, whatever is required. There are so many frauen I'd love to meet!! Not Jack. Obvs. Ffs. The longer she stays gone, the better.
---
So true - although the bespoke Essex police squad will also investigate and realise it’s literally people ripping the tit out of her and also she gives away where she lives quite easily when she’s having a bout of verbal diarrhoea.

IF she hasn’t moved yet, can you imagine how dusty and minging those performative cardboard boxes will be.
Seeing as the place was cold and damp, years ago, she's probably living in some sort of shredded wheat territory by now. Pay Per View, Jack, c'mon. Let us in. But ffs stay clothed. You have racks of checked shirts, wear them all. At once.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Tinkers did tinning ie repairing and renewing copper cookware with tin linings. Pretty much an obsolete skill these days.
I assume the "slur" usage arose due to this being a travelling trade, and the long history of associating or conflating travellers /gypsies* /Irish/ dishonest/ fly-by-night etc.

As it happens, the only person I ever heard referring to a certain extended Irish family as "tinkers" was also Irish.

*yes I know this is another dodgy word but it's relevant in the context :)

Reactions: 19
Yeah, it's a pretty old fashioned word in England now, really, even as a slur.

And I'm from somewhere that has a reputation for being full of travellers. Strangely enough the dodgiest families aren't, actually, travellers (at least not by the time of my generation anyway)

Reactions: 12

this is an excellent point.

for me personally, I'm vaguely interested in why she hasn't moved, if she hasn't moved, because of all the reasons she said she was going to move.

eg how is she affording the rent on her massive house, why did she abandon her plan to downsize so she could save for a deposit, etc. I'm sort of interested in how much this whole moving thing was just another aspect of her grift.

I'm also morbidly fascinated by where all the 17 bookcases and 21 sideboards etc are gonna go in her new place, if there is one, but only because she's made such a performance of it all, packing and donating and all that

If she has moved or does move, I couldn't care less where to, and will report & denounce ( as I'm sure you all will) anyone other than jack that tries to publish her private info.

Last edited:
Reactions: 37
I don’t believe that any regular poster here cares to know her new address (if she has one). It is however a public forum and that’s why despite many of us knowing where the bungahouse is, the address has not been published here. Anyone can find the bungamansion on the internet using information she herself chose to make public, I’ve never seen it spelled out here. And why would you want to know where BungaTowers is? Well, when I showed Mrs B what the property that guest (while begging for money) would regularly describe as a cramped and damp, draughty hovel actually looks like, the last bit of benefit-of-the-doubt she’d been allowing her finally evaporated. That’s why.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I don’t believe that any regular poster here cares to know her new address (if she has one). It is however a public forum and that’s why despite many of us knowing where the bungahouse is, the address has not been published here. Anyone can find the bungamansion on the internet using information she herself chose to make public, I’ve never seen it spelled out here. And why would you want to know where BungaTowers is? Well, when I showed Mrs B what the property that guest (while begging for money) would regularly describe as a cramped and damp, draughty hovel actually looks like, the last bit of benefit-of-the-doubt she’d been allowing her finally evaporated. That’s why.
This 💯.. it’s only relevant when she’s begging for money and complaining about cramped mouldy living conditions.
I don’t want her address for nefarious reasons. I just want her lies to be called out

Reactions: 31
How did people know that she wasn’t living in a “shabby bungalow?” Not because she’d been doxxed. Because she herself regularly shared photos of the house making it clear that it’s big and has multiple floors! FFS

Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.