Jack Monroe #560 Publication cancelled

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1704815257318.png

Grifty Kitchen obviously had some editorial input because “Hair” 🤢 is not included in the published version of the book.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
To be fair to Jack, she did genuinely go far beyond that. For one thing, she genuinely engaged with politics - haunting Southend council meetings, appearing in the Labour PPB, standing for parliament for the National Health Action Party (and then bleeping them over because of "death threats"), her work for the Bright Blue thinktank.

And, having done all that, she threw it all away in an attempt to become a Twitter-famous nobody. I find it completely incomprehensible.
I think what happened is she sank into snow and booze and also at the same time got sucked up her own arse and gradually decided that shouting and posing on twitter was easier and provided quicker dopamine hits than the laborious, often boring grind of effecting real change through grass roots activism.

I mean, grassroots campaigning isn't fun, you have to grind on for years to make even a tiny change. The post office guy alan bates is a really good example of that. He was at it for 15 years before the mainstream really started listening. There aren't many people who have the tenacity for that (I certainly don't) and there's always gonna be a certain subset of cluster b narc types who decide that posing and shouting on twitter will get them the attention they crave without doing any hard work behind the scenes.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
I think what happened is she sank into snow and booze and also at the same time got sucked up her own arse and gradually decided that shouting and posing on twitter was easier and provided quicker dopamine hits than the laborious, often boring grind of effecting real change through grass roots activism.

I mean, grassroots campaigning isn't fun, you have to grind on for years to make even a tiny change. The post office guy alan bates is a really good example of that. He was at it for 15 years before the mainstream really started listening. There aren't many people who have the tenacity for that (I certainly don't) and there's always gonna be a certain subset of cluster b narc types who decide that posing and shouting on twitter will get them the attention they crave without doing any hard work behind the scenes.
It does amaze me regularly how seriously people take Twitter. Fighting strangers online is activism apparently! What always amazes me more is the way people swallow whole what gets posted on Twitter and TikTok without questioning any of it. Hardly anyone seems to take a moment to look for another source, or consider if what's being said has any basis in reality. It's an absolute paradise for the cluster B pathological liar types.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
And so many of them do nothing outside of their one or two favourite social media platforms. They claim to be a 'journalist' or a 'political commentator', but their work has never gone beyond, at the very most, a few articles for Byline Times and a handful of appearances on GBNews or Times Radio.

No research, no effort to investigate, no attempt to engage, no real understanding. Just shouting at people on Twitter or wherever. And yet they seem to make a living from it.... how?!

To be fair to Jack, she did genuinely go far beyond that. For one thing, she genuinely engaged with politics - haunting Southend council meetings, appearing in the Labour PPB, standing for parliament for the National Health Action Party (and then bleeping them over because of "death threats"), her work for the Bright Blue thinktank.

And, having done all that, she threw it all away in an attempt to become a Twitter-famous nobody. I find it completely incomprehensible.
I suspect she quickly burnt her bridges with stuff like that (see bleeping the party over). It would have become obviously quickly she didn’t have a bleeping clue what she was on about and while that’s true of many political people, Jack’s not got the charisma, the persona or the gift of the gab to make up for that.

I imagine they slowly started to ghost her out of things and Twitter became all she had.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
And the thing is - if she went for the 'I have a shopping addiction and I'm a hoarder' angle, she'd probably be able to grift a living out of being a decluttering guru or whatever! Instead of this utter nonsense about ever having been poor, and being poor now. Money very clearly runs through her hands like sand, as do jobs, and a lot of people would honestly relate to that.

Reactions: 31
Lads, Lads....I've found her. She's holed up in a flat in Spain. She can't stop herself though...

20240109_142310.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 88
And the thing is - if she went for the 'I have a shopping addiction and I'm a hoarder' angle, she'd probably be able to grift a living out of being a decluttering guru or whatever! Instead of this utter nonsense about ever having been poor, and being poor now. Money very clearly runs through her hands like sand, as do jobs, and a lot of people would honestly relate to that.
This. Perhaps some genuine honest reflection and sharing on the roots of her problems ("My parents fostered kids from a young age - money was tight and I felt deprived, so I took solace in buying things to try and make myself feel better/I feel like I let my parents down because I didn't live up to my promise at school, so I wanted to have nice material things to make them think I was achieving in life" etc etc) and some real strategies for tackling compulsive spending/hoarding that don't involve illegally signing up for a child's debit card, pretending things came from puddles/brambly mice/charity shops, or doing performative pov shops while spending £100+ on a fugly leather cap.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
My hat theory is that Harold was thinning on top so wore a hat and she decided to join in.

I’m amazed that there are still interviews with her that I haven’t read but @Valiofthedolls you’ve excelled yourself again! I think Allegra was an accelerant of her being high on the scent of her own farts but she wasn’t the only thing. These articles are just swallowing every single line of her bullshit unquestioningly
D3B4A622-87C4-4AD0-B9AF-BFFF99BC87FF.jpeg

A8E3F035-A963-453C-B622-6556A24C19D1.jpeg
Whither the modelling, music video and series about Jack’s daily life?

Also the Time article also features some more of these mysterious teenage photos that no one else has ever seen. Shattenstone was shown ones of a teenager in the throes of an eating disorder while Louise Carpenter saw some different ones.
7F6A5181-ABB6-4D8E-B98B-F45B51FA1077.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
1704821119314.png

And she also applied this due diligence to her tie-ins with Del Monte, Unilever (Hellman's) and Samsung, yes?
Grifty twit

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I’ve seen some idiots on twitter in the past who seemed to think Katie Hopkins lost her account on there because of Jack. Like the judge ruled in Jack’s favour, therefore KH must immediately delete her twitter and admit she was wrong.

TBH it’s massively embarrassing that twitter spats even make it to court in the first place. Real life courts for duck sake. What a waste of everyone’s time.
Particularly when certain types of crime directed against women, struggle to make it to court. Both Guest and Hopkins took up legal space which would have been better spent on a real crime. Their spat was playground level nonsense. I'm amazed the procurator fiscal let it get that far.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Particularly when certain types of crime directed against women, struggle to make it to court. Both Guest and Hopkins took up legal space which would have been better spent on a real crime. Their spat was playground level nonsense. I'm amazed the procurator fiscal let it get that far.
To be fair it’s a different court and process. She wasn’t taking legal space away from more serious crimes just like someone getting cosmetic surgery isn’t taking a surgeon or surgical space away from someone who needs a kidney transplant.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
It was a civil case in the High Court in England, and lawyers who work on civil cases don't do criminal work. This wouldn't have taken space or resources away from a criminal case.

The Procurator Fiscal only operates in Scotland.

Reactions: 21
illegally signing up for a child's debit card, pretending things came from puddles/brambly mice/charity shops, or doing performative pov shops while spending £100+ on a fugly leather cap.
IMG_2512.jpeg
March 3-5th
IMG_2517.jpeg
£129 of “small change”
IMG_2518.jpeg

And then spend the small Stetson change on a small SPITE hat. £55 please!
IMG_2516.jpeg
IMG_2513.jpeg
IMG_2514.jpeg
IMG_2515.jpeg

The Absolute twit.
That’s while she was refusing to address WTF had happened to the Teemill £££ she grifted.
White Twitter ss @rage naan all others including 🍉of hat @Silver Linings

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.