Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack should downsize her renting situation then if she can't afford the bungalow. Jack could still get somewhere near enough to SB's Dad.
Exactly! It's common sense to do this. I had to give up my job in the Police due to ill health, to cut a long story short, my Son and I now live in a tiny little Council flat but it's glorious! I feel safe as it's a secure rental, it's so homely.....I sold a lot of expensive stuff to get by. As a parent you have to forget that pride and do what's right. Kids don't know if they're in a 2000 pcm home or 200 pcm as long as they're happy. Jack needs to swallow her pride, make some serious cuts and stop begging online for more insecure income. Happy Sunday everyone. Love reading your comments.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I definitely immediately thought of her when I read this too? Does she have a thread here? Same story as Jack for me, used to be a massive fan until I started seeing through the cracks, it snowballed and now I cant stand her!
She wasn't who I was thinking of but omg she is awful. She's married to Neil Gaiman as well, can't imagine they are short of a bob or two.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
She doesn’t want to make any concessions , sell stuff, move from her lovely house or claim benefits because chances are she has savings and assets plus a family who could help her out if she hasn’t burned all of her bridges with them.

She wants free money from her followers, that’s all.

Reactions: 33
I’d love to do this.
However I do think it would have the opposite effect and could actually encourage people to sign up to her begging bowl, to ‘protect and support’ her.
ETA:The quote didn’t copy!😂
I’m referring to popping one of her own statements from IG onto Twitter

Reactions: 4
She wasn't who I was thinking of but omg she is awful. She's married to Neil Gaiman as well, can't imagine they are short of a bob or two.
Actually they split up recently and AP broke the news over patreon. I think a lot of people realised how utterly money grabbing and shameless she is after that...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I’d love to do this.
However I do think it would have the opposite effect and could actually encourage people to sign up to her begging bowl, to ‘protect and support’ her.
ETA:The quote didn’t copy!😂
I’m referring to popping one of her own statements from IG onto Twitter
She does appear to have lots of genuinely nice , well meaning people as followers , not cynical Tattlers who can sniff out bullshit and I think you’re right , she’d cry , stamp her feet and need the smelling salts then they might give money they can’t afford to.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Exactly! It's common sense to do this. I had to give up my job in the Police due to ill health, to cut a long story short, my Son and I now live in a tiny little Council flat but it's glorious! I feel safe as it's a secure rental, it's so homely.....I sold a lot of expensive stuff to get by. As a parent you have to forget that pride and do what's right. Kids don't know if they're in a 2000 pcm home or 200 pcm as long as they're happy. Jack needs to swallow her pride, make some serious cuts and stop begging online for more insecure income. Happy Sunday everyone. Love reading your comments.
I notice no one on her Twitter thread is telling her If she is at risk of homelessness, she needs to go down the council and see the homelessness prevention officer.

For a working class urchin and expert on poverty, she really has no idea how desirable a secure council/housing association tenancy is to so many people. She genuinely thinks she deserves a lovely house nowhere near the poor as a reward for all the hard work she has put in as a poverty campaigner.

Just waiting for the justification why she can't move into a small terrace in town. Oh, of course she has STALKERS - that's why she didn't want anyone to know where she was staying in Edinburgh.

Last edited:
Reactions: 38
Crime in progress, gullible people being fleeced all over the internet

@LennyBriscoe and @Harrybosch (actually where is Bosch, haven’t heard any soft jazz noodlings for ages?), can’t you just proceed in a southerly direction to the crappy bungalow in Thorpe Bay and apprehend the perp? Take down the particulars in your tiny notebooks, put her in front of a Grand Jury?

Apologies, my entire knowledge of any legal system is any of the Law & Order franchises, plus a few Judge Judy gifs, so I may not have grasped the minutiae required for a solid arrest here. But at the risk of sounding like Miss Marple, I’m quite convinced this is taking money under false pretences.

I’m currently in the process of putting things in place for my elderly parents who’ve suffered a couple of very believable phishing and vishing attacks, so am feeling pretty angry at what’s been playing out this evening 😡😡😡😡😡

The Fraud Act (2006) makes interesting* reading in this context

* I mean, interesting is subjective obvs, at this point on a Saturday night with a couple of glasses of wine and half a bag of Wispa Bites inside me— “Share Bag” my arse...
I've been paged? Reporting for duty!

Actually, fighting real life crime whilst looking moody and strumming my fingers to jazz at the moment, hence my absence. I'm hoping to become more dedicated to the Tattle cause again soon. In the meantime, @LennyBriscoe , don't let the cabal down in this time of need. I've read bits of what she's been up to since Thursday, and holy cow, it's all kicked off. It'll probably take me til September just to catch up. I'll promise a grunka of epic proportions. #prayforbosch

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Morning Fraus. I had another Jack dream where initially I was the only one who could see through her lies then it all unravelled....again I need to not read these threads before bed!

I find the emotional/financial manipulation galling. Initially you think ‘this person is really unwell/having serious mental health issues’ and feel uncomfortable seeing it play out so publicly but then I’m just left feeling like it’s all one big act to illicit money out of people and none of it (as in all the burn out tweets etc) has any shred of truth to it. Am I being heartless?! Or is it a case of the boy who called wolf?

I get why there’s been no expose of her lies/manipulation by the mainstream press as really I guess she’s a bit of a nobody/a has been so little traction for them. The thing I struggle with is, I don’t get how her ‘fans’ don’t see through this all? I get that to the casual observer they just see snippets, don’t see the mass deletions so may be a bit more taken in by it all. But from the screenshots shared here and a quick look at her twitter (just observing) some certainly appear fairly fanatical even sycophantic towards her yet overlook the obvious - in one breath she’s read what 40 books over the last 2 weeks but at the same time has been sleeping 20+hrs (or whatever it was) and staring into space with no ability to do anything - how do they not see the blatant contradictions. Let alone the trip to her motherland Edinburgh amongst other things? It’s like she wants to cosplay at having a break down and using her devoted fans to enable her by telling her how she should be feeling and then topping up the piggy bank. It just so flippant and makes a mockery of people who genuinely do go through breakdowns etc. It’s just left me feeling really icky that a grown woman gets away with this behaviour.

Sorry Fraus I know a lot of this has been said before but I’m just so gobsmacked at this latest stunt.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
Jack should downsize her renting situation then if she can't afford the bungalow. Jack could still get somewhere near enough to SB's Dad.

Anybody i know who cannot afford there house as downsized. It's a pretty standard of not hardbreaking thing, leaving your home but needs must and all that.

She doesn't seem to have pride, most people with pride dont get other people to sort

Reactions: 17
Just had an epic half thread catch-up. Now sitting here, mouth agape. I don't have much to add beyond what has already been said far more eloquently and passionately by all of you!

Beyond the sad fact that downsizing is likely to be a reality for lots of people right now given the state of the economy.

We don't get to put our fingers in our ears and la la la that we don't want to and neither do you Jack. This is the world now.

Reactions: 13
If she was in that much financial trouble she’d apply for benefits anyway surely? Nobody wants to be on them or go back to them if you haven’t needed to for a while but sometimes needs must.
Or is it because she actually earns too much to be entitled to anything 🤔
Full and complete accounts have to be submitted for anyone self employed to claim income based benefits. Capital and expenditure is examined too.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Hello hausfrauen,
I have been MIA for a long while due to work/life/being BUSY so have been well out of both the twitter and tattle life. Sadly, I actually forgot about JM for a good few weeks but she popped up again, like an unwelcome dose of d&v so I had a quick look at twitter.
Oh. My. God. She has no shame does she? I’m horribly embarrassed by it all but the burnout tweets with the patreon? Wow 🤢.

Reactions: 20
You know, every time I see someone refer to the current magnum opus mendacious, obviously to be referred to in a deep voice of gravity, “Potatoes”, I just hear this:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Ah no to be fair to her she can’t rely on YouTube earnings as she was going to donate a big chunk of that to BLM causes.

Which she’s probably, definitely already done.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
One thing I do want to point out is her ridiculous insistence that she does pretty much everything for free. WHAT exactly has been for free? She's been paid for her tit presenting gigs - just cos audiences didn't buy a frigging ticket doesn't mean we didn't pay through our TV licences/internet contacts. If she's referring to her website then it's a piss poor show - barely a handful of new recipes in the past few months and girl, ain't nobody making that ridiculous banana ketchup. Now it seems like she's reposted a 'greatest hits' - the haute cuisine peach curry as the crowning glory and then a bunch of her political polemics. This isn't working for free - this is the bare bleeping minimum and she's clearly hoping to snag a few more precious patreon subs by harking back to when she used to be relevant. duck her...now duck off!
It’s laughable, isn’t it 🥴 She has so little content full stop. I follow a lot of vegan accounts on Instagram who post almost daily (tested!) recipes that are all free to access (e.g. Elavegan) and they are so engaging with their followers, plus they reply to questions with more than just “absolutely x”. They wouldn’t call any of that working for free as they have affiliates on their sites and understand that regularly producing content/upping engagement levels ultimately ends up in more £££. Some even have pretty demanding jobs alongside their accounts and some manage to go full-time due to successfully monetising their love of food/cooking.

Does anyone remember Lily Melrose? She used to be one of the top bloggers but would struggle putting content out and moan about being too busy when she was just lounging around her house. Plus Jamie Genevieve went through a rough patch of not putting the effort in, got slated for it then sorted her tit out. The goalposts have moved for Jack and she doesn’t want to play ball, she’d rather live in the past than pull her finger out.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.