Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I definitely immediately thought of her when I read this too? Does she have a thread here? Same story as Jack for me, used to be a massive fan until I started seeing through the cracks, it snowballed and now I cant stand her!
We did discuss the similarities between them before - but I can’t remember which thread it was on, I’m afraid. Not sure if she has her own thread.

Reactions: 3
Laurence ‘Lozza’ Fox is another one with his begging bowl PayPal/patreon details on his Twitter. I’m sometimes tempted to send a penny with the message ‘GET A PROPER JOB you entitled twit’. Similarly to Jack, he’s made himself unemployable, why should anyone be expected to subsidise them? Do they think they’re above working 37 hours a week to pay the bills?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Love it. Her mum can’t just be unwell at the moment. Nor can she even just be EXTREMELY unwell which though unnecessary, a few attention seekers may use that kind of wording from time to time.

It’s Jack so her mum has to both extremely AND severely unwell at the moment 😂

I really hope it’s at least more than a bad cold to deserve that overuse of dramatic language.
Fairly sure 'severe' is her favourite word though. Everything is 'severe'.
(*eyeroll*)

Reactions: 14
My husband has just thrown in Carole bleeping Baskin, I am not sure he has understood the rules but it made me hoot anyways...

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I definitely immediately thought of her when I read this too? Does she have a thread here? Same story as Jack for me, used to be a massive fan until I started seeing through the cracks, it snowballed and now I cant stand her!
I wasn’t sure who she was but I’ve just googled and one of the first hits is a tweet from her telling her patrons to make sure their details are upto date as about 200plus (!) of hers have just been declined.

seriously???

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
A16D5742-3997-4890-BB1E-16C8FDE6B941.png

Time off from what?!

Laying naked on your couch eating marmite butter on cheese and constantly tweeting?

duck me the lack of self awareness is mind boggling.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
This infuriates me sorry but you do not get PTSD from being short on cash for a year and using a food bank. It’s a total insult to people you have experienced genuine trauma in their life and really do have the condition. No longer functional???!! She went on jolly to Scotland ??! Told us shes been working 19 hours days for weeks now it’s she’s been sleeping and laying in bed for 20 hours a day for weeks . How people lap up this constant bs is beyond me😡🤬

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Don't get me wrong but what's actually happened her life to make it into a movie??

She got knocked up and had a free rough months on benefits. She's had many many different jobs and wrote a few cookbooks.

I don't know about you but it's not very exciting or interesting. I know a few people who that's happened to minus the cookbook, but they have made more money then her being successful in their own line of work after coming out of poverty with kids.

Also I have been thinking about her food, as it been mentioned before that the reason her food is blended to hell is because of her autism. I know some autistics do not like textures so perhaps she only likes gloppy, sloppy type foods. Don't know, just an Idea.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Jack should downsize her renting situation then if she can't afford the bungalow. Jack could still get somewhere near enough to SB's Dad.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Morning fraus 👋
Glad to say at least one person has come to their senses this morning and decided to cancel their patreon subscription. Hope a few more do the same to avoid them being conned by her sob story.
Also when speaking about Patreon was she trying to suggest that the reason it’s not been updated is her admin assistant’s fault, as she has nothing to do with running it 😡 WTF if you know it’s not been updated since April 2018 then get doing it. She’s spent time making all these ‘essays’, ffs take a couple of hours to give back to your patreons 🤯
0A33366A-6BC7-46C9-9D75-ABD700BF6BE2.jpeg
This morning’s number 👇🏻
0CCBC79A-BB64-4E7B-A69C-CD46F5FE5C07.jpeg

Reactions: 26
Morning Fraus
Wow this latest instalment in the world of Jack is a bit much isn’t it?
interestingly, when I went to bed last night her patreon was at 233. This morning it’s at 229...

Edit @NorthernSoul SNAP! Glad some people have come to their senses

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Happy Sunday Fraus, so which Jackie are we gonna get today? Fizzing with ideas Jackie, I did a chaos Jackie, begging bowl Jackie, mini break Jackie, posing in a wig or on a sideboard Jackie, mental breakdown Jackie, Greek Jackie, cooking slop Jackie, acquiring a sick animal Jackie or just plain old choose a celebrity to set the hounds on Jackie. The possibilities are endless....

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Ugh. UGH. She is unscrupulous. All you fraus have already said everything with incredible eloquence and righteous anger. This is such a cathartic space ❤

One thing I do want to point out is her ridiculous insistence that she does pretty much everything for free. WHAT exactly has been for free? She's been paid for her tit presenting gigs - just cos audiences didn't buy a frigging ticket doesn't mean we didn't pay through our TV licences/internet contacts. If she's referring to her website then it's a piss poor show - barely a handful of new recipes in the past few months and girl, ain't nobody making that ridiculous banana ketchup. Now it seems like she's reposted a 'greatest hits' - the haute cuisine peach curry as the crowning glory and then a bunch of her political polemics. This isn't working for free - this is the bare bleeping minimum and she's clearly hoping to snag a few more precious patreon subs by harking back to when she used to be relevant. duck her...now duck off!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Don't get me wrong but what's actually happened her life to make it into a movie??

She got knocked up and had a free rough months on benefits. She's had many many different jobs and wrote a few cookbooks.

I don't know about you but it's not very exciting or interesting. I know a few people who that's happened to minus the cookbook, but they have made more money then her being successful in their own line of work after coming out of poverty with kids.

Also I have been thinking about her food, as it been mentioned before that the reason her food is blended to hell is because of her autism. I know some autistics do not like textures so perhaps she only likes gloppy, sloppy type foods. Don't know, just an Idea.
in her desert island dishes podcast, she talks about loving roast potatoes (who doesn’t, right?) then she describes how she purées a load of veg up as a dip for said plateful of roast potatoes. I did hoot a bit at that.
horses for courses and all that and I love a spoonful of carrot or celeriac purée with a roast but if I’m dipping my roasties into anything, it’s gravy and a bit of horseradish thank you very much 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
So Jack feels all alone :unsure:
Perhaps if she'd spent less time chasing the blue ticker life and taken her head out of her backside she'd have enjoyed the last few months.
Since lockdown I've been cooking for a little old lady I only know in passing, twice a week, even now that she's back out food shopping.
I know more of the neighbours, thanks to someone posting their number through the door, and we have a whatsapp group for daily chat.
Our town's community centre has become like a second food bank and has been helping out with food parcels, no questions asked.
If anyone ever posts on the local FB pages, or the Nextdoor app that they're struggling or feeling lonely etc, they get such a good response that it must at least help them a little.
I've been better at keeping in contact with friends......not because I need something, but just in case they do.

She's so desperate for all the Twitter celebs to know who she is, she forgot that there are people outside her front door. They're not famous though, that's the problem!

Ah that's lovely.
We live in a village full of pretentious wankers.
Had a nice chat with an elderly lady yesterday who stopped outside the house walking past to say Hi though.

We refused to clap, not down with that stuff. Our village Loveeee it though 😂

I've felt super lonely during lock down.but Jack has a super supportive family and a lovely best friend.

I think she just loves attention and being a victim

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Patreon and Potatoes; life according to Jack Monroe.

She’s probably pissed off her blue tick friends aren’t delving into their pockets to offer her a fat monthly Patreon sub.

They offer Twitter platitudes and pat her on the head but they won’t eat her slop and they won’t give her money.

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.