Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No, that definitely was there at some point. I remember it because the first thing i thought was that you could go to a Michelin starred restaurant and get someone like Michel Roux jnr to cook a meal and it wouldn't be half that!!
Apologies if this has already been said but I’m pretty sure the receipts for the £2000 patreon meal deal were on one of the recent 50-something threads.

Reactions: 11
I knew as soon as she mentioned the word burnout what was coming next. She is lazy and spoiled and believes she is entitled to a far better lifestyle than she has. I feel like tracking her down to her crappy bungalow and blasting 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' by the Stones at her on repeat in the vain hope something sinks in.
The thing about the bungalow is that any glimpses that you get of the interior and garden, it looks fine. So many people stuck in a flat throughout lockdown would have loved to have lived there. It's also not very nice if the landlord found out how she refers to their property.

Reactions: 29
No, that definitely was there at some point. I remember it because the first thing i thought was that you could go to a Michelin starred restaurant and get someone like Michel Roux jnr to cook a meal and it wouldn't be half that!!
I think that was on the Kickstarter

Reactions: 11
Many years ago, I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar cleaner in a psychiatric hospital, and just wasn't earning enough to cope. I used to take home the "leavings" from the patients' plates when they came back to the kitchen, and when I briefly had the electricity cut off, my flatmates and I burned all the... unnecessary furniture to keep warm. :ROFLMAO: I didn't have children at the time, and instead of being traumatised for years by my brief experience, I made sure it never happened again, and in a way it made me try even harder to be stable and careful financially. Seriously Jack, you need to stop milking it. It was a long time ago

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
What are these people on? They all know her past because she never stops talking about it. And it is sweet fa of their business because she constantly shoves it in their faces.

If she needs someone to pay 50% of the rent and she doesn’t want to move, why not GET A LODGER.
Christ - can you imagine living with her???

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Seriously, she should be careful here. Scrounging money from people less well off than you are is not a good look, especially when you’re living in a pretty fancy house, have had some lucrative gigs recently (DKL and Hellmann’s), and have documented on Twitter several large recent items of expenditure (the Smeg, all those sideboards, the trip to Edinburgh - £300+ on a single sleeper ticket FFS!).
And Jack should think about this - I know her blind spot is that no one has ever had it worse than her. So she may not see (or maybe she doesn’t care) that some of the Patreon subscribers may genuinely be worse off than her.
It doesn’t help that she’s not updated her Patreon for ages so it still talks about contributing so that Jack can buy groceries.
If the press or the wider public were to pick this up, it could be a real shitstorm for her, particularly when a lot of people are facing genuine job and financial insecurity due to the pandemic.
Luckily for Jack, the press don’t really know who she is. But they do like stories about minor celebs and Instagram types ripping people off.
Slightly OT but the bbc did a piece this morning about influencers, ripping people off on Instagram, wonder if there is a way to shine a light onto Patreon ?

• Wow
Reactions: 39
Am I .... your mum?!
I think we are all your mum right now @Emlo!

@MooBelle that sounds so bloody scary - for all of you. I'm glad everything is on the up now.

@LennyBriscoe please don't be too hard on yourself and take care. I felt that way when I had severe PND - I think it's more common to have those thoughts than we know.

Much love to anyone who is struggling at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Do your friend and Saint_clemmie's friend have business premises? It's probably the business rates grant - the government cut business rates for large businesses, but companies with smaller premises get a 100% exemption from rates, so the government gave a one-off £10k grant for any business with premises up to a certain rateable value. Our village hall qualified, which was a very, very welcome boost to funds.
My friend has a small haulage company with a yard, so, yes , that must be why... Glad the village hall got a grant!!! Xx

Reactions: 8
THREAD TITLE KLAXON!!

The £2,000 for her coming to cook for you was the top tier on the Kickstarter, wasn't it?
What if you didn't live anywhere near her. You would be stuck with her travel and accommodation bills. I live in Edinburgh so she would have been crawling over broken glass to get up here and feed me her rinsed beans.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
She's not going to be able to not declare stuff from the BBC / Hellmann's. HI AGAIN JACK - please DON'T expect other people to pay your taxes in a year's time.
youre right.
I wonder if the still-unfiled accounts means she can’t claim for lost income?

Reactions: 3
Why do people who make such poor life choices always manage to find people to bail them out?

She was with Louisa for what, 2/3 years, she chose to rent a bungalow and hoped Louisa would always be there to foot the bill. Guess what hun, it doesn't work like that. You need to live within your means and you need to take your son into consideration in every choice you make.

So selfish and entitled to get the begging bowl out without reassessing her finances at all. She's basically asking the general public to pay her to keep up her "on a whim" Edinburgh trips and kitten adoption. Absolutely vile human being.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Lots of people that played fast and loose with legislation to minimise tax by setting up limited companies and paying duck all salary, then a massive dividend at the end of the year have found out that, after that being the most advantageous financial tactic for many years, it's a bit tit for free government money in the event of a pandemic shutdown. Same way if they hadn't done their accounts, it would be bloody difficult/impossible to claim.

However, the self assessment second payment that is normally made by 31st July has been automatically deferred until January 31st 2021. So it's not as if there's that to worry about. Unless she hasn't paid the taxman for last year's yet. They'd still want that.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Surely her crime novel is just her patreon account with the accompanying tweets about her current financial state?
duck it. *I'm* going to write a crime novel. About a social media scammer who finally gets her comeuppance. By the time it's published people may have started opening their eyes to Jack's shithousery. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.