Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God, just read her latest Twitter thread. I’m fuming. I’ve got loads to grunka since this morning, but she has enraged me!

How can anyone fall for her crap? I honestly want to shake all the followers that are falling for it!

Being self employed/free lance isn’t for everyone. She has had a go, it clearly isn’t working anymore for her and more importantly SB. She needs to find herself a job and stop begging. (Obvs she won’t because she has delusions of grandeur)

Reactions: 32
I'm grunkering a bit here, so sorry for disturbing the future thread...

It's funny how the issues of deposits and fees (which were uncapped she moved dozens of times) were previously not a barrier for moving... But are now?

(Also, zero deposit exists (and ITS FANTASTIC!) and fees are largely minimal compared to what they used to be)

Reactions: 24
Ten pages to catch up on so sorry to bring this back from the vault but she’s a cretin, this is her pre heating the metaphorical Patreon oven isn’t it? She’s clearly short for a bill or two so is doing am drams on Twitter for help.

Idk Jack hun most reasonably comfortable people (like you are, and like I gratefully am) tend to save emergency funds for just this sort of scenario rather than spunking thousands on Cotswold Co sideboards, high end tech, and holidays? You can always ask your minted parents or successful siblings, delve into company funds, apply for personal or company credit, you’re hardly on your arse?

Reactions: 35
Thank you

SPOILER, MH, DEMENTIA
(I can't do spoiler or gifs. My 3 dots have been deactivated. What did i do wrong? Did i anger Vladimir?!!!)

Like all MH situations, every case is unique but shares common symptoms. In our case Mr Moo had an extreme migraine which then led to 'brain fog' It got worse. He couldn't remember our childrens' names, or who was the prime minister. Then he couldn't feed himself. He would pick up the fork and start crying because he couldn't remember how to eat. He used to shuffle along because he couldn't remember how to walk properly.
3 of my grandparents had dementia and that's the closest thing i can compare it to. The therapy/recovery was similar to what they give to dementia patients.
We would try and trigger happy memories so that slowly his mind would spark. Listening to favourite music, watching favourite films and tv shows. We watched every episode of Game of Thrones at least 5 times!!!
Sometimes it was awful. We'd go to our favourite restaurant and he'd get upset because people were staring because I was helping him feed himself. Our wonderful friends would come over and took it in turns to sit with him, but he'd get upset because it was obvious they knew him but he had no memory of them.
Sometimes it felt like i had a 50 year old toddler to look after.
As I said he is almost 100% now but JM is just vile, absolutely disgusting and vile for putting on this latest tit show. How bleeping dare she? She's doing this as an abusive swipe at her ex and/or a way of fleecing vulnerable people.
Utter bleep.

Also just wanted to say...People have been very kind on here today towards myself and others, as you have been very kind in the past.
I have opened up about many things i really speak of, especially my Narc Mother. You are all a wonderful bunch of people xx
I'm so glad I got nosey after SHs meltdown and sought out this 'evil group of bullies!!!'
Sending you and your family lots of love. Incredibly tough for your husband, but for you too. So pleased to read he’s much better ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Let's not forget, meine fraus, that she's still to upload the video of her reading her trash article out loud. I expect this will be done in a way that suggests she's currently in the same position of ~poverty~, all the better to dupe her new followers into donating to fund her lifestyle choices. She's definitely NOT going to record herself in her Viv Westwood (RIP) dress atop one of her many Cotswold & Co sideboards. In other words, more genuinely sickening #content is yet to come - brace yourselves.
In all seriousness, much love to those sharing their stories of actual burnout. What she's doing right now is repulsive and I just feel so bad for the people who can't see through her, who think she's some sort of advocate for them and don't realise she's just one of the grossest, most shameless con artists currently operating on twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
So, I’ve read it. The most self-obsessed thing I’ve ever read, and dangerously boring. Noticed lots of florid language and middle-class-friendly references.

Few points of note: the original blog said she wore grotty Oxfam clothes to the publisher’s posh offices in The Strand, and was overwhelmed and intimidated by pictures of That Man being everywhere. Now she says she had to save up enough money to buy something suitable to wear there, and there is zero mention of That Man.

I have an interest in statement analysis, aka forensic linguistics, and noticed that she was unable to “commit” to her tale of overdosing or planning to overdose on pills. Notice that she heavily implied it, but she wasn't able to outright state it using appropriate first person pronouns. She dances around it but can’t actually say it, because outright lying stresses the brain (even Jack’s!). Instead liars will lie by omission, by implication, by weasel wording, or by excessive language (which functions as a distraction for the reader, and weakens commitment to the statement from the writer.)

Finally I agree with what a previous poster said: even if true, the whole thing would still be utterly irrelevant. What you (chose to) experience 7-8 years ago has no bearing on poverty today. The country has changed. And you’re no longer in poverty. There are many other people this has happened to. She should have mentioned more relevant examples of why it’s not always worth the time to buy fresh food. And god forbid, included anyone else’s experiences.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Jack is also blatantly taking advantage of the fact that most people don’t understand how websites and SM work in terms of generating income. In other words, that Jack gets paid for ads and affiliate links via her website, and she gets paid for monetised videos. She’s implying she has no income. This is simply not true.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Once again, I would say this is tantamount to fraud. She needs to be careful. A disgruntled former supporter that she fucks off with her rudeness might just report her.
I wish one of them would report her!

Reactions: 18
There used to be another tier didn’t there? I think it was $84, and you got to test her recipes. Maybe there were no takers. 😂
I think there was a £2000 tier where she came and cooked for you. Please tell me I'm not imagining that!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Let's not forget, meine fraus, that she's still to upload the video of her reading her trash article out loud. I expect this will be done in a way that suggests she's currently in the same position of ~poverty~, all the better to dupe her new followers into donating to fund her lifestyle choices. She's definitely NOT going to record herself in her Viv Westwood (RIP) dress atop one of her many Cotswold & Co sideboards. In other words, more genuinely sickening #content is yet to come - brace yourselves.
In all seriousness, much love to those sharing their stories of actual burnout. What she's doing right now is repulsive and I just feel so bad for the people who can't see through her, who think she's some sort of advocate for them and don't realise she's just one of the grossest, most shameless con artists currently operating on twitter.
Exactly. She is not in the same position as those whom she lines herself up with. Those people are in an impoverished state for years. For them, there is never any light at the end of the tunnel. They don't get asked to go on national tv. They don't get a contract from a well known mayonnaise manufacturer. They don't have the brass neck to ask for Patreon or tips.

Reactions: 24
According to my source who is friends with the owner of Jacks “crappy bungalow”, Jack moved in before Louisa. We need to look through Louisas insta/twitter to see if there’s evidence.
Burnout. She is a bleeping tool. She has no idea. None at all.
I’m utterly furious with her.
The Patreon thing is sick. Utterly sick.
Why is noone questioning her Edinburgh trip or how she was going to pay for the kitten vet bill?
Sorry if I’ve missed this but you have a source?! Extremely interesting.

Reactions: 5
I think there was a £2000 tier where she came and cooked for you. Please tell me I'm not imaging that!
I'd happily pay her £2000 not to cook for me. Can you imagine handing over that kind of money to be served up some rinsed beans or curry with tinned peaches.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I think there was a £2000 tier where she came and cooked for you. Please tell me I'm not imaging that!
No, that definitely was there at some point. I remember it because the first thing i thought was that you could go to a Michelin starred restaurant and get someone like Michel Roux jnr to cook a meal and it wouldn't be half that!!

Reactions: 20
Jack is also blatantly taking advantage of the fact that most people don’t understand how websites and SM work in terms of generating income. In other words, that Jack gets paid for ads and affiliate links via her website, and she gets paid for monetised videos. She’s implying she has no income. This is simply not true.
And in that note, here’s a post a did a while back with some screenshots from Mumsnet of someone explaining how they think Jack’s income works. It’s quite eye-opening. (Hope the link works.)

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
@TheDragonWithAFlagon - An excellent post. I admire your capability of remaining so calm and constructive.

Been there, done it, seen other people fall by the wayside and had no intention of joining them or giving others the satisfaction of seeing me do so.

It's hard. It's bleeping hard. But howling and wailing and throwing yourself onto the floor in the hope that somebody comes along and sweeps you off your feet achieves nothing other than getting your clothes dirty or, at best, a temporary 'rescue' that puts you in mortal terror of the rescuer leaving and more vulnerable than before.

It's not a single battle that wins a war. It's the entire campaign. And that is won or lost in your head.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.