Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And in that note, here’s a post a did a while back with some screenshots from Mumsnet of someone explaining how they think Jack’s income works. It’s quite eye-opening. (Hope the link works.)
God, you know, I wish there was some sort of retweet function here, where we could make things public without coming off like trolls in her mentions. PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THIS!!
Also, lol, has she taken out the 'recipe testing' bit of her Patreon? The bit that we were all like "WTF, usually you PAY people to do this, not the other way round" about? Hi Jack 👋. You're a terrible person. Take responsibility for yourself instead of preying on some of the most vulnerable in society, of which you were never one. Wake up to yourself, you despicable piece of tit. Bye now 👋

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I have been having some random stomach pains in the last few weeks and I’ve actually been feeling like if it was something like cancer, would it be the end of the world? I get a bit of attention and if they can’t cure it then well I’m not sure I want to live anyway because I’m so fed up of feeling tit.

It’s almost like an expectation as well. I’m genuinely not full of self-pity when I say I’ve had more than my fair share of tough times, and I’m waiting for the next game-changer.

I’m embarrassed at feeling like this.
Just to say, Ive had many periods of feeling like this. Its all very deflating and exhausting. Please don't feel embarrassed. Its hard enough without guilting ourselves too ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I find her begging for money when she has a house full of nice things to be incredibly immoral. Disgraceful. Has she filed her HMRC accounts yet?

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I introduced my mum to my hatred of Jack the other day, and now just got this text 😆 I haven’t even had a chance to grunka and don’t know what it’s about. I might have to introduce her to this forum so she can vent.
F4326364-C7E7-4A07-AFD5-BC3CD3B7DD12.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
It is fraud. It is blatant fraud. You know those awful bastards who lie that they have cancer and raise loads of money? This is just Monroes version.

bleep.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Yes!!!!! My friend has a LTD company and also received £10,000, without having to prove loss of earnings.
Do your friend and Saint_clemmie's friend have business premises? It's probably the business rates grant - the government cut business rates for large businesses, but companies with smaller premises get a 100% exemption from rates, so the government gave a one-off £10k grant for any business with premises up to a certain rateable value. Our village hall qualified, which was a very, very welcome boost to funds.

Reactions: 9
Oh for fucks sake you attention seeking bint. Why not ask one of your three therapists on speed dial.
I did wonder if Louisa was contributing to the rental and how she would manage the whole burden. Turns out the answer was to cast logic to the wind and splurge on a sleeper train and an aparthotel in Edinburgh for four/5 (or according to her, 6) days. The muppet.

Full moon's nearly here, I think she's gearing up for a doozy of a performance.
my opinion. Probably had a joint tenancy, Louisa has finally taken her name off and pulled the plug on the financial contributions.

A grown up would look at their options. To stay in the crappy bungalow she will need to cut her costs (get a lodger, make her admin redundant) and increase her income. If she can't do that she will need to move to somewhere she can afford. She could approach her parents to borrow the moving costs, or sell some If her consumer durables.

Louisa is not feeling guilty. Jack is not her responsibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
I need to step away from her.

Burnout?! From what exactly?!

Go and discuss what burnout is with nurses and health workers on Covid wards who were separated from their families for months while they worked 16 hour shifts to be paid only slightly more in a month than you undoubtedly paid for your unnecessary jaunt to Edinburgh. you unbearable money grabbing pitiful piece of tit.

Take your begging bowl and your titty pics and duck off.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Yeah, I don't see how Jack would be able to claim money back for 'work lost' due to being a freelancer when actually over the lockdown she made more money in 2 months than most would make in a year.

Reactions: 23
I knew as soon as she mentioned the word burnout what was coming next. She is lazy and spoiled and believes she is entitled to a far better lifestyle than she has. I feel like tracking her down to her crappy bungalow and blasting 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' by the Stones at her on repeat in the vain hope something sinks in.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I don't know if someone has used the old Abba song 'Money, Money, Money' in a previous thread, but the lyrics could have been written by that literary legend, Jack Monroe:-

I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay
Ain't it sad
And still there never seems to be a single penny left for me
That's too bad
In my dreams I have a plan
If I got me a wealthy man woman
I wouldn't have to work at all, I'd fool around and have a ball

'

• Haha
Reactions: 16
. Is anyone on here, who has survived a childhood defined by a parent's mental illness, had the experience as an adult of thinking, well, it probably wasn't that bad, children have been through worse than me...and yet are fully aware that they've been bleeping damaged somewhere along the way? Jack's comments on abuse have triggered me, and I'm struggling to know what adult survivors of abuse really feel. Was it normalised until the child left home and realised that what had occurred was absolutely abuse, tied up in a controlling narrative of 'We do this because we love you soooo much?'

Im so sorry, I put a spoiler alert on Mental Illness on my post and it doesn't seem to have worked. Huge apologies.
. Jumping in here as I’m still catching up on this thread as I’ve been travelling to my new HOME .....well I’m away for a week’s jolly at the coast 😂
I didn’t think my childhood was abusive, assumed everyone’s was like mine, and the abuse I received was my fault in some way. My mother is a controlling narc (Only discovered as I got older and began to recognise the patterns of behaviour) and my whole family dynamic is massively dysfunctional. I suffered from physical and mental abuse daily but I never thought of myself as being abused. Such is the amazing way narcs can gaslight you 😢.
Only when I got into my twenties did I begin to realise others childhoods weren’t like mine, and then when I had kids, wham, it hit me like a tonne of bricks.
Having my children and beginning to realise how abusive my childhood was, it was a very confusing and upsetting time for me and it took a lot of time for me to work through my childhood, my mother’s and family’s dysfunctional behaviour, stuff I’d locked away. I had bad depression and anxiety, which I have suffered from throughout my life, but these episodes were really bad when struggling with understanding things that had happened to me.
I began to recognise it wasn’t normal as a 12/13 to be contemplating suicide or to have no self esteem as your mother quashed it at every turn or mocked or beat it out of me, to feel so low and detached from life when I was so young. To believe I was the one who was to blame.
I was lucky as I managed to open Pandora’s box and see what was happening and how her flying monkeys were still affecting me, so I could take action and protect me and my family from her. Grey rocking and distancing me and my family has given me the control back, even though it was hard in the beginning.
I do still have some ptsd, can be triggered and find it hard to trust, as when the one person In the world you are meant to be able to rely on 100%, lets you down and abuses you, it massively affects who you let into your world and life.
However, I’m very happy now and I am able to give my children the happy childhood I never had. In fact it’s been great learning and experiencing things with my kids, that I missed out on.😊

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.