Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seriously, she should be careful here. Scrounging money from people less well off than you are is not a good look, especially when you’re living in a pretty fancy house, have had some lucrative gigs recently (DKL and Hellmann’s), and have documented on Twitter several large recent items of expenditure (the Smeg, all those sideboards, the trip to Edinburgh - £300+ on a single sleeper ticket FFS!).
And Jack should think about this - I know her blind spot is that no one has ever had it worse than her. So she may not see (or maybe she doesn’t care) that some of the Patreon subscribers may genuinely be worse off than her.
It doesn’t help that she’s not updated her Patreon for ages so it still talks about contributing so that Jack can buy groceries.
If the press or the wider public were to pick this up, it could be a real shitstorm for her, particularly when a lot of people are facing genuine job and financial insecurity due to the pandemic.
Luckily for Jack, the press don’t really know who she is. But they do like stories about minor celebs and Instagram types ripping people off.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Can you imagine being her lodger? Be a bleeping nightmare! 🤣
I appreciate that the pool of potential candidates would necessarily be fairly limited, possibly just to the deafblind, Buddhist monks and the extremely brave.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Loads of cheaper places a well to stay around here.
Plenty of 2 bed places in Westcliff/Basildon/Pitsea. You have to cut your cloth.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Hi Jack! We all know you’re lurking and I suspect annoyed that you can’t join us for the bants....almost annoyed as you are that we have the measure of you.

I feel a wee bit sorry for you. That’s new, I had zero sympathy for you before (and we’re still only talking a minuscule amount). I feel sorry that you have zero self-awareness and you are the most tone-deaf, inappropriate, self-centred person I have ever come across. The world doesn’t owe you a living. Your parents don’t owe you a living. Your ex-partners don’t owe you a living (if you think Louisa should have stayed in an unhappy relationship because it financially benefits you then you’re worse than I thought. But the people who really don’t owe you a living are those suckers on Twitter. For you to reveal the triggering content of your feed over the last couple of days and then shake your tin is bleeping criminal. Honesty in all your affairs Jack. I know people who have been on the bones of their arse and tried everything they could think of but still wouldn’t beg.

You don’t have to stay in that house. If SB has moved 674 times in his short life, then once more won’t hurt him. But my own belief is that he doesn’t live with you now so I wonder if YOU don’t want to move and he’s a convenient excuse.

Your last Twattery has been the worst for me personally. I don’t know why, but I thought I wouldn’t be triggered by you. But I have been. The poster who bravely said they wished an accident for a rest and attention, I thought only I felt like that.
I have been having some random stomach pains in the last few weeks and I’ve actually been feeling like if it was something like cancer, would it be the end of the world? I get a bit of attention and if they can’t cure it then well I’m not sure I want to live anyway because I’m so fed up of feeling tit.

It’s almost like an expectation as well. I’m genuinely not full of self-pity when I say I’ve had more than my fair share of tough times, and I’m waiting for the next game-changer.

I’m embarrassed at feeling like this.

It looks like everyone who is opening up and answering you honestly is receiving a reply indicating you have all of the above. You’re actually despicable. You can block a million people on Twitter but I think everyone will eventually catch on. And in the meantime, I would recommend getting off SM and having an HONEST chat with your sponsor.

• Heart
Reactions: 90
If she's classed as self employed, she'll also have received a government payment of 80% of her average 3 months earnings based on income over the last 3 years. Unless she's totally screwing her accounts and declaring very little, she'll have got a lump sum of at least £5,000, based on what we've speculated her minimum income is. Not to mention savings of furloughing "Caroline". She's facking rolling in it, mate.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Begging bowl out again. Pity party as partner who paid half rent has gone. Get a job and sort your life out like anyone else would try instead of asking people to fund your bleeping life

Reactions: 23
You know who are burnt out, Jack? Doctors and nurses who’ve been working flat out for 5 months due to a global pandemic.

(Goes without saying: other professions are, of course allowed to be burnt out. Other key workers are bound to be burnt out too. But the cheek of Jack to claim she has worked bleeping hard during this pandemic!).
I follow a Gynaecologist on IG , she was talking about burn out and she didn’t realise how knackered and mentally exhausted she she was until she took a week off.

Her work load is frightening and the job she has is the most rewarding, equally as terrifying and exhausting to say the least.

Jack Monroe has the nerve to say she’s burnt out , why does she think she’s burnt out?

What she means is she can’t stay off Twitter and sleep well because she’s so needy , has shot her self in the foot with all her attention seeking bollocks and no TV producer with any sense will touch her with a barge pole because she’s a liability.

She should look up the medical professionals who work long, arduous shifts , comforting dying people , having excrement thrown at them , restraining mentally ill patients then have to do the same thing the next day before talking about being burnt out.

duck off Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
You know who are burnt out, Jack? Doctors and nurses who’ve been working flat out for 5 months due to a global pandemic.

(Goes without saying: other professions are, of course allowed to be burnt out. Other key workers are bound to be burnt out too. But the cheek of Jack to claim she has worked bleeping hard during this pandemic!).
You beat me to it....my husband was a highly qualified Dr who burnt out due to working in excess of 100+ hrs/week....resulting in him driving his car off the road....he spent 5 months in a psychiatric hospital and never worked as a Dr again....that was over 20 years ago- he's since retrained in another profession and thankfully has gone from strength to strength- one good thing to come out of all this was that he was finally diagnosed as dyslexic!...Jack doesn't know the meaning of hard work or burnout ( oh and he's self employed and doesn't blow his earnings on unnecessary trips )
I bet Jack has just realised she has another tax payment due soon and is bricking it as she hasn't got the money to pay it

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
I’m feeling less angry towards JM today, no idea why because she is peak awful. Maybe I’m running out of fucks to give.

I do genuinely think she should get part time job or some volunteer work for her general sense of wellbeing and a boost in her self-esteem. Being alone, working alone and engaging in unhealthy levels of social media is not good for anyone. Unfortunately her patron is going to stand in the way of making positive change in her life.

I hate that she’s exploiting people and those of you commenting about key workers, you are absolutely right. It’s a shame no one can say that to her face because she needs to hear it.
Also her patron, no one should be paying for nothing in return, she is not a charity.

Reactions: 40
You want to know what Burn Out feels like you gigantic tit? If you've suffered from it, you don't need to ask. duck right off. I'll tell you what it bleeping isn't...taking endless selfies with pumped up lips and a skimpy bikini top. Taking selfies FULL STOP. Going on holiday. Twittering non bleeping stop. Picking fights. Anyone who has the energy to do even ONE of these things is far from bleeping burn out. Manic, more like. Now please kindly duck OFF.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Thank you

SPOILER, MH, DEMENTIA
(I can't do spoiler or gifs. My 3 dots have been deactivated. What did i do wrong? Did i anger Vladimir?!!!)

Like all MH situations, every case is unique but shares common symptoms. In our case Mr Moo had an extreme migraine which then led to 'brain fog' It got worse. He couldn't remember our childrens' names, or who was the prime minister. Then he couldn't feed himself. He would pick up the fork and start crying because he couldn't remember how to eat. He used to shuffle along because he couldn't remember how to walk properly.
3 of my grandparents had dementia and that's the closest thing i can compare it to. The therapy/recovery was similar to what they give to dementia patients.
We would try and trigger happy memories so that slowly his mind would spark. Listening to favourite music, watching favourite films and tv shows. We watched every episode of Game of Thrones at least 5 times!!!
Sometimes it was awful. We'd go to our favourite restaurant and he'd get upset because people were staring because I was helping him feed himself. Our wonderful friends would come over and took it in turns to sit with him, but he'd get upset because it was obvious they knew him but he had no memory of them.
Sometimes it felt like i had a 50 year old toddler to look after.
As I said he is almost 100% now but JM is just vile, absolutely disgusting and vile for putting on this latest tit show. How bleeping dare she? She's doing this as an abusive swipe at her ex and/or a way of fleecing vulnerable people.
Utter bleep.

Also just wanted to say...People have been very kind on here today towards myself and others, as you have been very kind in the past.
I have opened up about many things i really speak of, especially my Narc Mother. You are all a wonderful bunch of people xx
I'm so glad I got nosey after SHs meltdown and sought out this 'evil group of bullies!!!'
Love to you & Mr Moo @MooBelle

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She’s an absolute piece of work.
I’ve been burnt out a few times in my career (unfortunately it’s very common in healthcare workers and I also have a chronic illness). Last year I was being worked to the bone in a job and was also being bullied by my supervisor & I reached the point where one morning I considered doing this just so I wouldn’t have to go into work. It’s not something to trivialise. But do you know what? Having thoughts like that is a wake up call that things have to change! That you have to live your life differently. So that’s what I did.

When real adults get thoughts like that they actually reassess their lives.

1) If you feel like that no job and no amount of money is worth doing/having. There’s no point doing something that’s actually making you ill. You reassess it. You get out of the situation (if it’s something you can possibly do).
2) You work it out, you take some time off, you sell some stuff, you quit your job and take something else and if it’s lower paid you reduce your outgoings and you sell some of your sideboards. You train in something else. If you’re really in that situation you’ll do anything to get out of it.
3) You don’t beg. You don’t get other people to bail you out because you can’t be arsed being an adult.

Life is bleeping hard sometimes & strangers on the internet aren’t going to alleviate that. If she’s making it all up (she probably is) then she’s just a twit. If she’s not then she has the luxury of being able to change the situation. She can do anything she wants.

PS I took a bit of time off then transferred departments until my notice period was up. Then I took a different job. It was lower paid but luckily I could reduce my outgoings enough to make it work (and take on extra jobs/shifts if I wanted any luxuries). The most important thing is I chose to do something that both made and kept me happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
According to my source who is friends with the owner of Jacks “crappy bungalow”, Jack moved in before Louisa. We need to look through Louisas insta/twitter to see if there’s evidence.
Burnout. She is a bleeping tool. She has no idea. None at all.
I’m utterly furious with her.
The Patreon thing is sick. Utterly sick.
Why is noone questioning her Edinburgh trip or how she was going to pay for the kitten vet bill?
Louisa doesn’t really tweet much personal stuff. But Jack has definitely said on previous occasions that Louisa moved in with her. She is just always changing the facts to fit her latest narrative.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
According to my source who is friends with the owner of Jacks “crappy bungalow”, Jack moved in before Louisa. We need to look through Louisas insta/twitter to see if there’s evidence.
Burnout. She is a bleeping tool. She has no idea. None at all.
I’m utterly furious with her.
The Patreon thing is sick. Utterly sick.
Why is noone questioning her Edinburgh trip or how she was going to pay for the kitten vet bill?
Touched on in a previous thread:

Screenshot_20200724-182224_Instagram_1.jpg

Screenshot_20200801-181353_Instagram.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.