Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's not her ex's fault she can no longer afford the rent by herself. She should have taken that into account before choosing such an affluent area to live, and maybe chosen more modestly.
What a coincidence that her last 2 partners have been financially comfortable.
When I was a renter I never moved in together with a partner without first considering what my plan B would be for the rent and living costs if the relationship failed. Maybe that makes me a cynic, I would call it being prepared.

Also. What kind of lease does she have? If she and L both signed the contract then under some rent lease terms L would still be responsible for half the rent. Also some landlords are very understanding and if you explain that your relationship has broken down and the other person has LEFT they will advertise on your behalf for a new tenant to join you in the property.
and this doesn’t count the benefits she can apply for as outlined by @TheDragonWithAFlagon

there are literally loads of options that don’t involve relying on unreliable Patreon donations, which are probably unlikely to cover it all anyway

Reactions: 20
Wasnt it going to be that blm/political tome?
Wasn’t she inferring that she could write a kids book too? I don’t get why more people haven’t called her out on the sleeping 22 hours a day thing. Who’s looking after her child?

Reactions: 11
Don't dare anyone suggest she move to a smaller house please, she has moved 26 (?) times and would like to not move her son (who only gets mentioned at times like this where it will gain something for her) again, thanks. YOU pay for her rent. She is too traumatised to go back to pre Patreon/rich partner days of *gasp* paying her own way.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
So no down time, Yeah right, what was Edinburgh then?

She said she’d been shielding during lockdown, so was at home, she says shes been reading, that sure sounds like a lot of down time compared to getting up at sparrows fart to commute, then do a full days work etc.

Reactions: 18
ETA - oops, sorry. I am so furious. Welcome to the real world. It may help to get a proper job and try hard to stick to it. Insulting people on sm is not a job, neither is posting cringing pictures, nor grabbing yellow sticker stuff from people whom really actually really need it. I will not even mention staying at a rather expensive location in Scotland. As one claims to have three medics and a huge team on speed dial- Please contact them.
Yes - the crisis team she is under should presumably include a social worker or key worker who can advise on the benefits and also advocate for her with her GP on the burnout symptoms if she wishes

Reactions: 15
Thank you! Am fuming, even more than before.
So if even only 10 new people sign up she's making between £40 and £440 a month for duck all?
I'm not being thick am I? Is it genuinely that blatant? I don't understand how this is moral let alone legal.
Even 40 quid is a week's shopping for a woman and a child that is barely there. So at a bare minimum she is getting a free week of groceries? That's disgusting.
Surely to God there is some sort of ombudsmen?
(apologies for my naivety!)
yeah, even if all 206 (probably more now) patreons are on the Minimum level it’s £824 a month and even if patreon takes a 20% cut (which feels generous) she’s left with £660. Not bad for sweet duck all.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Thank you! Am fuming, even more than before.
So if even only 10 new people sign up she's making between £40 and £440 a month for duck all?
I'm not being thick am I? Is it genuinely that blatant? I don't understand how this is moral let alone legal.
Even 40 quid is a week's shopping for a woman and a child that is barely there. So at a bare minimum she is getting a free week of groceries? That's disgusting.
Surely to God there is some sort of ombudsmen?
(apologies for my naivety!)
These have been edited slightly since she came on Tattle, but here's what you get (or don't get because she's not very good at sending stuff out):

Screenshot_20200801-174929.jpg

Screenshot_20200801-174935.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Only on page 14 but couldn’t not reply.

I’m sorry. She’s got burnout. SHE’S got burnout?? THIS after ALL the other bullshit she’s spouted boils my piss. What about the millions of people who have NOT had 5 figure collab deals thrown at them during lock down? Who have had to find some way to make ends meet? What about the NHS workers pulling double shifts? What about the Med students and student nurses on wards full time without training or full PPE? What about those who had to stay at work, increase hours, AND home school kids?? Oh wait, I forgot they CAN’T burnout because people are genuinely reliant on them.

Work through a migraine/sickness/IBS flair up? Sorry, have to, there’s no one else to do it.
Plaster a smile on for the kids when all you want to do is curl up in a ball because you’re bleeping exhausted? Sorry, have to, there’s no one else to do it.

And she has the audacity to suggest SHE’S burnt out?
Crowd fund for all the medical staff who were told not having child care wasn’t a good enough excuse not to come in.
Raise funds for people on zero hours contracts who didn’t receive furlough (or a 5 figure collab).

I’m SO mad.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Only on page 14 but couldn’t not reply.

I’m sorry. She’s got burnout. SHE’S got burnout?? THIS after ALL the other bullshit she’s spouted boils my piss. What about the millions of people who have NOT had 5 figure collab deals thrown at them during lock down? Who have had to find some way to make ends meet? What about the NHS workers pulling double shifts? What about the Med students and student nurses on wards full time without training or full PPE? What about those who had to stay at work, increase hours, AND home school kids?? Oh wait, I forgot they CAN’T burnout because people are genuinely reliant on them.

Work through a migraine/sickness/IBS flair up? Sorry, have to, there’s no one else to do it.
Plaster a smile on for the kids when all you want to do is curl up in a ball because you’re bleeping exhausted? Sorry, have to, there’s no one else to do it.

And she has the audacity to suggest SHE’S burnt out?
Crowd fund for all the medical staff who were told not having child care wasn’t a good enough excuse not to come in.
Raise funds for people on zero hours contracts who didn’t receive furlough (or a 5 figure collab).

I’m SO mad.
This!!! A million times this. Let’s print it out and send it to her so she can use it as backgrounds for her shite photography pish on Patreon.

Reactions: 17
Jack: "this is probably one of the most useful things I’ve ever done on twitter"
Jack's Patreon: Ker-ching!

I wonder whether you can self-declare out of moral bankruptcy quicker than it takes a CCJ to expire?

<totally relurks :D>

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
According to my source who is friends with the owner of Jacks “crappy bungalow”, Jack moved in before Louisa. We need to look through Louisas insta/twitter to see if there’s evidence.
Burnout. She is a bleeping tool. She has no idea. None at all.
I’m utterly furious with her.
The Patreon thing is sick. Utterly sick.
Why is noone questioning her Edinburgh trip or how she was going to pay for the kitten vet bill?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
These have been edited slightly since she came on Tattle, but here's what you get (or don't get because she's not very good at sending stuff out):

View attachment 198906

View attachment 198907
Ah this Patreon intro makes me feel really uncomfortable tbh. The first para in particular. Should an employed adult with a substantial public platform really be asking for help in “keeping my larder stocked”? And how does the Patreon help in “keeping other people’s larders stocked”? Does she use the money to go out and buy food for people who can’t afford it? If so, would it not be cleaner and better simply to redirect those donations direct to Crisis orTrussel Trust?

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I'm so glad he's recovering, it's an incredibly hard thing to deal with because often you don't always understand yourself just what is happening. Sending my very best wishes to you and your family, if you would like them x
Thank you

SPOILER, MH, DEMENTIA
(I can't do spoiler or gifs. My 3 dots have been deactivated. What did i do wrong? Did i anger Vladimir?!!!)

Like all MH situations, every case is unique but shares common symptoms. In our case Mr Moo had an extreme migraine which then led to 'brain fog' It got worse. He couldn't remember our childrens' names, or who was the prime minister. Then he couldn't feed himself. He would pick up the fork and start crying because he couldn't remember how to eat. He used to shuffle along because he couldn't remember how to walk properly.
3 of my grandparents had dementia and that's the closest thing i can compare it to. The therapy/recovery was similar to what they give to dementia patients.
We would try and trigger happy memories so that slowly his mind would spark. Listening to favourite music, watching favourite films and tv shows. We watched every episode of Game of Thrones at least 5 times!!!
Sometimes it was awful. We'd go to our favourite restaurant and he'd get upset because people were staring because I was helping him feed himself. Our wonderful friends would come over and took it in turns to sit with him, but he'd get upset because it was obvious they knew him but he had no memory of them.
Sometimes it felt like i had a 50 year old toddler to look after.
As I said he is almost 100% now but JM is just vile, absolutely disgusting and vile for putting on this latest tit show. How bleeping dare she? She's doing this as an abusive swipe at her ex and/or a way of fleecing vulnerable people.
Utter bleep.

Also just wanted to say...People have been very kind on here today towards myself and others, as you have been very kind in the past.
I have opened up about many things i really speak of, especially my Narc Mother. You are all a wonderful bunch of people xx
I'm so glad I got nosey after SHs meltdown and sought out this 'evil group of bullies!!!'

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 76
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.