Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't read the potatoes pity-fest but I wouldn't be surprised.

Doesn't she have any savings?
I’ve only seen the updates on here where she’s clearly talking to tattle about decking her brother and owning nice sideboards

Reactions: 11
I think she had 196 Patrons. There were 199 when I looked not long after she posted the link.

Currently at 202.

Well played, Jack 👏🏼

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Torn (as ever) between feeling deeply uncomfortable at watching someone appear to unravel publicly in real time and being seriously fucked off that she’s pulling this AGAIN.

Like many others on this thread I share many of the experiences jack claims to have had. I’m a former boozehound with almost four years’ sobriety under my belt - by far the biggest achievement of my life. And I had burnout last year and was signed off work for two months. It was bleeping DREADFUL. I’m still recovering. I usually really welcome ‘public figures’ speaking openly about their experiences of mental health struggles etc but with her it just feels like a kick in the gut. I never begged for money while I was unable to get out of bed in the morning. I didn’t have the headspace to contemplate showering, let alone asking for help.

shes totally shameless.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Mr Moo had 'burnout' a couple of years ago. It was horrible, it was like living with a ghost.
There's no way on earth he could have done any of the things Jack's done over the past couple of months.
Going on holiday to Edinburgh by yourself? Um he wouldn't even know where to begin ordering tickets online let alone catching a bloody train.
Presenting tv programmes, albeit badly? Do me a favour! he could barely string a sentence together

She boils my piss at the best of times but this is awful. Pretending to have an extreme MH condition because she's bored and then begging for money....disgusting. I've said before about my friend's abusive ex who would threaten suicide as a form of control. This is exactly what this is. Almost certainly aimed at Louisa. She said it started at "DKL and Mrs J leaving' oh righty then...

Also worth noting that Louisa won a Bafta yesterday. The jealousy must be at a peak level now. Not only is Louisa happier, she's thriving and having a lovely time. Nothing Jack was doing for attention from her was working, so now she's pulling out the big guns.
I am glad that Mr Moo is better again, my experiences are exactly the same. One could neither have tortured a poor cat for sm pics, nor gone off on a jolly. I will refrain from commenting on the rest of cringe worthy slop, please pardon the pun.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Use your savings you dingbat you’ve been paying yourself the living wage and earning more
That’s actually the hardest thing to swallow, the most unforgivable, thing amongst the whole patron affair. She clearly has money. As unbelievable as it may seem and as difficult as it is to understand, she’s a bleeping tv presenter on national tv. She has savings in the bank. But, she has clearly decided that that’s her money, there should always be a set minimum, and rather than touching any of it, it should be left to others to make up any shortfall in her day-to day spending. Awful woman.

• Angry
Reactions: 56
I think she had 196 Patrons. There were 199 when I looked not long after she posted the link.

Currently at 202.

Wel played, Jack 👏🏼
She’s preying on well meaning people who believe what she says without following her paper trail of lies, expenditure and her fairly luxurious lifestyle.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
I haven't read the potatoes pity-fest but I wouldn't be surprised.

Doesn't she have any savings?
Words fail me if she’s been self employed AND had difficulty managing money for as long as she claims (a combo which must be a nightmare for those who have it) and still hasn’t sought financial advice / help to manage her money better, when she has a son to provide for.

Living wage my arse.

Reactions: 12
Okay so Hellman’s paid at least 10k and I assume the BBC paid similar if not more? So that’s 20k for a couple of months work? Plus a book launch/sales and she could have done a few writing commissions too - it’s not like she hasn’t had the time. So in a few months she’s easily earned almost the average UK salary? (I think it’s 26k and it’s just an average so I think median would be more interesting to know - she’s probably a lot higher paid than that?)

Anyway, there’s also some personal responsibility that needs to be accounted for too. My boyfriend and I own our own home and he earns more than double than I do. We both pay half the mortgage and it’s an amount that if he died or left or whatever I would still just about pay the whole mortgage. I don’t know about Southend but from other posters’ knowledge she didn’t need to choose to live in such a fancy area, she didn’t need to live in a three bed house if her earning are so precarious.

Reactions: 39
Mr Moo had 'burnout' a couple of years ago. It was horrible, it was like living with a ghost.
There's no way on earth he could have done any of the things Jack's done over the past couple of months.
Going on holiday to Edinburgh by yourself? Um he wouldn't even know where to begin ordering tickets online let alone catching a bloody train.
Presenting tv programmes, albeit badly? Do me a favour! he could barely string a sentence together

She boils my piss at the best of times but this is awful. Pretending to have an extreme MH condition because she's bored and then begging for money....disgusting. I've said before about my friend's abusive ex who would threaten suicide as a form of control. This is exactly what this is. Almost certainly aimed at Louisa. She said it started at "DKL and Mrs J leaving' oh righty then...

Also worth noting that Louisa won a Bafta yesterday. The jealousy must be at a peak level now. Not only is Louisa happier, she's thriving and having a lovely time. Nothing Jack was doing for attention from her was working, so now she's pulling out the big guns.
glad he is better now.
The bafta timing cannot be a coincidence.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’ve only seen the updates on here where she’s clearly talking to tattle about decking her brother and owning nice sideboards
Oh yes, punching her brother, I saw that bit. What a cheeky little scamp she is.

Reactions: 9
Finally steeling myself to read Jack’s edited potatoes blog. Don’t worry, I’m not anticipating being triggered. I’m worried I’m going to die of boredom. Wish me luck!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Delurking in literal rage at current phishing exploits. Draw out followers with experience of mh problems/neurodiversity with requests for "help". Nod sadly along to every comment. Wave patreon :mad:

bleep.

/relurk

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 51
Finally steeling myself to read Jack’s edited potatoes blog. Don’t worry, I’m not anticipating being triggered. I’m worried I’m going to die of boredom. Wish me luck!
Best of British and watch out for your blood pressure!

Reactions: 11
Oh yes, punching her brother, I saw that bit. What a cheeky little scamp she is.
If her brother wrote in a blog he’d decked his sister her fans would have their pitchforks out but because it’s her it’s “oh bravo, jolly well done Jack”

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Don’t know how to copy just the pic from this soz.

I don’t think I’ve seen this one before but between the draped across the bed just so, the make up and the hint of lace bra through the shirt - this was definitely trying to get somebody’s attention (beyond the usual way) wasn’t it? I recall suggestions of this before but do you reckon she really was hoping for an Edinburgh booty call? Louisa or otherwise.

I mean, we’ve seen her grotty undergruds, this isn’t the bra of somebody staying in blitzing celery.
It occurred to me too. Otherwise it was such an odd trip - apparently organised on a whim, and then she gave out so many clues about where she was staying that even the ads in tattle picked it up (they showed an ad for the exact place she was staying 😂). There was the bra pic, and the “bed’s too big” post. Then she departed in a hurry too so maybe she got knocked back.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.