Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was/is a tweet somewhere, where she offers Ian Rankin the opportunity to ‘collab’! I hope he declines her offer.
Omg. Please, no. I think he has more sense than that, however. Fucksakes.

Reactions: 10
If her brother wrote in a blog he’d decked his sister her fans would have their pitchforks out but because it’s her it’s “oh bravo, jolly well done Jack”
I know, sick making isn't it? Whether it did or didn't happen, it's in appallingly poor taste to talk about it so casually.

Reactions: 19
GO TO THE DOCTORS.
I’m sorry to jump forward without reading beyond this point BUT hasn’t she been to the doctors? She’s mentioned new stronger medication at least two separate occasions during the lockdown period.

Obviously disgusted at this latest attempt to con people into funding her life.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
I am glad that Mr Moo is better again, my experiences are exactly the same. One could neither have tortured a poor cat for sm pics, nor gone off on a jolly. I will refrain from commenting on the rest of cringe worthy slop, please pardon the pun.
Thank you.
Yes he is much improved x
It took about a year to return to work and even then it was on reduced hours/duties. It was 2015 and he still doesn't remember most of that year.
I know there is a scientific/medical reason, but the best explanation came from a neurologist. She said that there was too much going 'in' and his brain was returning itself to factory settings as a way of proctecting itself. A very basic explanation, but it made sense to me! It was also a useful way of explaining to our children what was happening.
Like I said, he's back at work and has been promoted since, but still has memory blanks.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I’m only on page 13. But my god, she is utterly vile. So many recent lies. Nevermind all her old ones. She hasn’t been in bed for 22 hours. duck off you daft bint.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Thank you.
It took about a year to return to work and even then it was on reduced hours/duties. It was 2015 and he still doesn't remember most of that year.
I know there is a scientific/medical reason, but the best explanation came from a neurologist. She said that there was too much going 'in' and his brain was returning itself to factory settings as a way of proctecting itself. A very basic explanation, but it made sense to me! It was also a useful way of explaining to our children what was happening.
Like I said, he's back at work and has been promoted since, but still has memory blanks.
Happy to read this. Take care. I am too as I find all this begging mighty triggering.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She’s utterly shameless. And I got an autocorrect from how I really feel about her, but will go with strongly dislike, ok....

I reckon she thought the job offers would come rolling in after that latest screed of regurgitated rubbish - she should have pitched it as an article first, as everyone who was the slightest bet interested has read it now (and knew it all anyway).

I really don’t think she can cash in on the poverty any longer. I suppose she might be suffering financially from not doing book tours and festivals this year (do they even pay though?).

Jack, you need to get off Twitter, stop the constant stream of lying bullshit, let Caroline go, and look for a cheaper 2 bed place.

Now duck Off. Thankyou.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Yesterday it was intrusive to ask about “Mrs J” but today she’s happy to share the details if it helps her get a few more pennies into the begging bowl.

She was paid £10k at a minimum from Hellman’s.
She had a two week stint on the BBC that undoubtedly paid more plus an appearance on This Morning.
She released a book during lockdown.
She apparently pays herself a living wage and has the rest in savings.
So far in lockdown she’s spunked £3k on a Smeg fridge plus one or two sideboards, and a trip to Edinburgh.
She spends her money on designer clothes and perfume, Rigby & Peller bras and Russell & Bromley shoes.
She has a Tracey Emin.
She earns a minimum of £600 a month from Patreon offering not much more than to flood your house with postcards (if her unlucky Royal Mail doesn’t lose them)
She has a blog chockfull of ads.
She lives in a large bungalow worth way more than her annual salary so could make huge cuts there.

This is all information she has offered up on her own Twitter and I don’t even have Twitter. So how can her followers not add all this together?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 64
No. She choose to hide the amount she makes.

There are five levels. Each Patron pays either:
£4
£8
£14
£24
or
£44
per month.

Patreon takes a cut.
Thank you! Am fuming, even more than before.
So if even only 10 new people sign up she's making between £40 and £440 a month for duck all?
I'm not being thick am I? Is it genuinely that blatant? I don't understand how this is moral let alone legal.
Even 40 quid is a week's shopping for a woman and a child that is barely there. So at a bare minimum she is getting a free week of groceries? That's disgusting.
Surely to God there is some sort of ombudsmen?
(apologies for my naivety!)

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
Thank you.
I'm so glad he's recovering, it's an incredibly hard thing to deal with because often you don't always understand yourself just what is happening. Sending my very best wishes to you and your family, if you would like them x

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm not being thick am I? Is it genuinely that blatant? I don't understand how this is moral let alone legal.
No you're not. Yes it is. Funnily enough I would imagine Jack thinks of herself as a very moral being. How the duck she squares that circle is anyones guess 🤷

Reactions: 16
Tried it didn't work. <Insert superman pose here>View attachment 198867
What are these people on? They all know her past because she never stops talking about it. And it is sweet fa of their business because she constantly shoves it in their faces.

If she needs someone to pay 50% of the rent and she doesn’t want to move, why not GET A LODGER.

Reactions: 28
Finally steeling myself to read Jack’s edited potatoes blog. Don’t worry, I’m not anticipating being triggered. I’m worried I’m going to die of boredom. Wish me luck!
Good luck! It's so poorly written as well, I just don't know why she even BOTHERS mithering on and on about things she knows duck all about 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 27
You know who are burnt out, Jack? Doctors and nurses who’ve been working flat out for 5 months due to a global pandemic.

(Goes without saying: other professions are, of course allowed to be burnt out. Other key workers are bound to be burnt out too. But the cheek of Jack to claim she has worked bleeping hard during this pandemic!).

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Dear God...this is *exhausting*. A crime novel now? Give. Me. Strength. Wasn’t it her memoir last night? When I read that threat promise last night I almost banged my head on table...but then I thought a memoir is surely going to be impossible for her to write....every inconsistent tweet eventually gets deleted. You can’t do that with an actual...y’know....book....
So now I say, bring it on Jackie! Can’t wait 😊
Wasnt it going to be that blm/political tome?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.