Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m curious as to what HMRC might make of this tip jar and Patreon revenue source. Revenue is revenue, right? The only things we can’t avoid in this world are death....and taxes. Hope she’s factored that in to prevent future chaoses.
Both are taxable income. I'd love to see the inland revenue inspector who is assessing her accounts to do an internet search on this oh so famous taxpayer and end up landing on this site.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
What always makes me laugh out loud is when someone gives her a list of random food items and asks her what they can make out of it like Jack is some sort of mental genius head chef. Like "Jack, I've got a KitKat, a pound of mince and some beetroot. What can I do with it?" Jack then proceeds to tell them to put all three in the same dish , stir them up and pour some curry powder over it. :LOL:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
You’d think she had six toddlers in her care the way she carries on about her impossible childcare 🙄

Very good point about having funds for the kitten post break-up but all of a sudden can’t afford rent.

Does anybody here have or know someone who has a Patreon account? There seems to be a mechanism from within to report accounts
You can report for stuff but most of hers ends up in “contact the creator”. There is an option to report harmful behaviour outside of patreon. They make a lot of money off deductions it seems so won’t be arsed.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Also panorama apparently made a program which I haven’t seen

Earlier this week, the BBC aired an episode of investigative programme, Panorama, entirely dedicated to influencer marketing. The 28-minute documentary followed reporter Catrin Nye as she put brands, influencers, social media companies and regulatory bodies in the spotlight, asking if enough was being done to protect modern consumers

• Wow
Reactions: 12
The only secret squirrel meeting she would have is the Tufty Club for road safety. https://www.rospa.com/about/Wat gor/Tufty

I couldn't think of any food brand based in Edinburgh which would touch her. Food brands up here tend to be based round traditional Scottish food like haggis, shortbread etc. No baked beans for rinsing up here.
At first I thought maybe Social Bite (sandwich shops run by homeless and ex homeless people), but they are waaayyyy too savvy to touch her and would see straight through the shite. And, let's face it, their last collaboration was with George Clooney.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 18
At first I thought maybe Social Bite (sandwich shops run by homeless and ex homeless people), but they are waaayyyy too savvy to touch her and would see straight through the shite. And, let's face it, their last collaboration was with George Clooney.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Yes, I'd forgotten about them. They also had Leonardo DiCaprio and Prince Harry and Meghan. The people who work there are really friendly and down to earth. The food which is produced both in the premises in Rose Street and Queensferry Street is way beyond anything JM could produce. There is something which tells me that JM would think she's too good for them - I just get that impression about her. She is using other people's reduced circumstances to get herself a career in the media.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
ahh you beat me to it and you are so right, they wouldn’t touch her or her washed beans

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Coming in here after being away for 3 days like...

On the night train (FANCY - although not quite the sleeper) with a cabin to myself, a bottle of wine, and several hours to grunka!
All I can picture is Jurgen getting hammered on a train 🤣🤣 YNWA or should that be YNTA.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She's not technically doing anything wrong. It's just morally disgusting.
Sad but true.

I wouldn’t have a problem with the patron if she was putting effort in and creating value in return. She also needs to be honest with her fans and tell them that she’s not poor, they’re not keeping her larder stocked, it’s simply a business.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
She's not technically doing anything wrong. It's just morally disgusting.
Now until I found this thread I had never heard of Patreon, looking at there website it appears to have been set Up to allow creatives to sell their work. Well if the tweets are anything to go by Jack is committing fraud, ie she is taking money but not supplying anything.

Reactions: 6
The sandwich bar and restaurant are just a short walk down from the aparthotel which she was staying in. I'd hate to think these people would tarnish the good progress they've made by getting involved with her. Apart from that, she would want them to pay her travelling expenses.
Thinking about it, this is all another part of her inflated sense of...well, everything really. She will probably infer she’s up for a part in Outlander or Trainspotting next, and that she came to Edinburgh to research for her crime novel. Bint.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I know who you mean.

Didn't take kindly to a comment about removing protected species from the wild as part of her 'work', either.
She annoys me intensely, I unfollowed her on Twitter and she did a 'you seem to have accidentally unfollowed me' dm. What a tool!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.