Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If Jack Monroe has read 40 books in 2 months, I’ll eat my straw hat.

Hello @Bookweevil, do you have access to Twitter? There seems to be a kind message from an interplanetary body for your attention 🪐

How does she have the time?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I don't understand this tweet but it looks like she's deleted it anyway 🤷🏽‍♀️

ETA: I might get it now. Took me a while 😳.

Tweet:
Screenshot_20200801-145456_Fenix.jpg

Image opened:
Screenshot_20200801-145517_Fenix.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
@HalcyonDays I'm sorry you've been triggered, that sounds so tough and I think it's more common than people realise. My own childhood was significantly affected by a carer's mental health (being vague deliberately) and it does have an impact.

Controlling disguised as caring is (sadly) not an unusual issue. It didn't happen to me but I have a very good friend who was bought up like that and I know it's affected them a lot. Sorry, that's not much help but lots of sympathy x
Many thanks for your reply J4n0Z. My mum had/has severe OCD before I was born. It's a chronic condition, like alcoholism or drug addiction. I'm the only one in my family who have called them out on it. Hell...my Dad even bought a plot of land next to our family home to design and build a bungalow for my mum, on the premise that she'd cope with a smaller property. Group sickness personified.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I’ve never managed to read all these threads from the beginning so just started reading #1 (I have housework to do so need something to procrastinate with) and I notice that there are 2 months between page 1 and page 6 as opposed to about 2 hours these days....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
She says she is going to do a lot of things. This will be just another failure to deliver. Besides, can you imagine her verbose flowery style working for crime? Actually it might be entertaining. But also, surely no crime, no matter how heinous can be worse than Jackie's life experiences.
I dunno. Maybe she could write a book about crimes against food. She’d have plenty of expertise to draw upon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Years ago, I was living in a village (not my current one) when I saw a police car outside the Indian takeaway early one evening. I wondered idly what was going on when I noticed that it had the wrong force logos on it; we were around a mile from the county and force borders before they were all merged into Police Scotland. Just then, the door opened and two cops came out with bulging carrier bags of takeaway - obviously the back shift's dinner at the police station in the town over the county border!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.