Jack Monroe #558 I own a fridge! This is my cooker! Look at my rug! Look at my duvet!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My love is like garlic
I don't use enough of it in my recipes
And no-one wants to smell it on your breath

(or something)

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Georgina Hayden (cook, good on TV, pals with That Man and Sir Matt) has announced her new cookbook, Greek-ish. Let's all pray for the bungamansion radiators. 🙏

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Georgina Hayden (cook, good on TV, pals with That Man and Sir Matt) has announced her new cookbook, Greek-ish. Let's all pray for the bungamansion radiators. 🙏
If it's anything like Vegan-ish, can we expect half the recipes to be whatever the culinary opposite of Greek is?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
That paid for blue tick is part of the mausoleum that is her twitter profile, complete with her last notable television appearance as the last tweet, pinned Verifiably Bollocks Initiative tweet and the banner for her last failed book launch a year ago. Sad harking back to glory days there were never much of anything to begin with. What is a "twitter celebrity" without Twitter? Nothing. That's what.

Reactions: 31
May I ask what film/show the still of Tom Courtenay comes from?
It’s the Royle Family episode: The New Sofa.
100% worth a watch - some of it is a bit naff by Royle Family standards (the Turkey in the bath springs to mind) but overall, the addition of TC (and his onscreen girlfriend from Billy Liar as Dave’s mum) is perfection.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
That paid for blue tick is part of the mausoleum that is her twitter profile, complete with her last notable television appearance as the last tweet, pinned Verifiably Bollocks Initiative tweet and the banner for her last failed book launch a year ago. Sad harking back to glory days there were never much of anything to begin with. What is a "twitter celebrity" without Twitter? Nothing. That's what.
Perhaps we should collate these artefacts for future generations, as a warning. A bit like the Statue of Liberty at the end of Planet of the Apes. I’d like to add “featu” to the archive.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
One thing that keeps jumping out to me as I read the FB stuff, guest was always asking for input. "Any tips, anyone got recommendations, what do you all think" etc. it makes me cringe into a radish sized ball of burning second hand embarrassment to see, but it clearly worked wonders for her in terms of gathering the attention she was looking for. I have no point to make really, just mithering. But it annoys me afresh each time

Reactions: 21
100% worth a watch - some of it is a bit naff by Royle Family standards (the Turkey in the bath springs to mind) but overall, the addition of TC (and his onscreen girlfriend from Billy Liar as Dave’s mum) is perfection.
Thank You!
I must have missed that episode.

Reactions: 8
We recreated the Royle Family tropical punch (complete with floating banana) on Xmas afternoon. Would not recommend. 😀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Sad harking back to glory days there were never much of anything to begin with. What is a "twitter celebrity" without Twitter? Nothing. That's what.
A: a mid-30s woman walking alone down her local High Street to whom no one gives a second glance.*
*which has its own attraction to be fair. I've always thought it must be great to be (eg) the bass player in Radiohead. All the rock n roll lifestyle and success with none of the celebrity bullshit. No one recognises you in the street, no one knows your name (calm down, Radiohead fans, it's only an example 🙂)
Ofc for guest it was all about the celebrity bullshit, so it must really smart.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
A tenner a month! She could feed 18 people, generously, on that.
And one of them is a labourer
---
One thing that keeps jumping out to me as I read the FB stuff, guest was always asking for input. "Any tips, anyone got recommendations, what do you all think" etc. it makes me cringe into a radish sized ball of burning second hand embarrassment to see, but it clearly worked wonders for her in terms of gathering the attention she was looking for. I have no point to make really, just mithering. But it annoys me afresh each time
Not sure about Facebook but on Twitter she makes it so obvious the “asking for advice” is just engagement farming. Anything suggested to her she has already done. Twice. With bells on.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.