Jack Monroe #558 I own a fridge! This is my cooker! Look at my rug! Look at my duvet!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sheesh, seen that stoopid garlic poem before and it's DIRE.

Poet laureate, you say? More like pooey lorikeet.

The current and former laureates should gang up and impose a guest gag order* on the grounds of bringing poetry into disrepute.

(* don't really mean that; I'm all for free expression)
Guest's all for free money.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Whoever told her that her writing was either interesting or competent? Itā€™s atrocious. Sheā€™s a permanent 14 year old girl trying to get one up on the cool kids who shunned her.
It reminds me a lot of Caitlin Moran, whoā€™s also fond of ā€˜wackyā€™ metaphors and juxtaposing super mundane stuff with picture postcard twee raunchiness for every single joke and pointless bits of trivia shoehorned in. All ā€˜I got out me plum pudding in public!!! Iā€™m madder than a specific shade of pink on a swingerā€™s living room wall! Hohoho!!!ā€™

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 64
Just checked the list - no NY honour for Mx Dr Dr this time.

Surprisingly she wasn't one of the 11 nominated by Truss. Pretty sure the dire potatoes were during the brief tenure of Liz.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I used to bug my mum about that song when I was a little Frau. "Why would you put a cake outside instead of eating it? How long does it take to bake a cake? Why can't he get the recipe again?"
Metaphors are lost on kids. šŸ˜‚
One of my friends used to do a lot of music business type stuff and he thought that it was probably a ā€˜fillerā€™ lyric (used in songs temporarily until the lyrics could be written and bunged in) and it just amused whoever to the extent they decided ā€˜what the duckā€™ and released it.

He had a record of it sung by Richard Harris (old luvvie actor) which was beautifully terrible. They had to draft in backing singers just to sing the one high note he couldnā€™t cope with, but the whole song basically sounded like someone not coping šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The comment where she said that she cried her eyes out and then cried some more in the taxi on the way to the photo shoot is dodgy.
I don't know about the rest of you, but when I've cried my eyes out, I look like I've done four rounds with Mike Tyson and no amount of ice packs or a miracle working MUA could fix it.
Everything she says is an exaggeration.
Guest has never progressed from her pubescent years of teenage overly histrionic drama and misperceived injustice.
She'll never change.
She was a tiny crying little thing, the driver must have thought she was running away! Like a child. Donā€™t you think sheā€˜s like a little poppet, a smol pixie of a thing!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
One of my friends used to do a lot of music business type stuff and he thought that it was probably a ā€˜fillerā€™ lyric (used in songs temporarily until the lyrics could be written and bunged in) and it just amused whoever to the extent they decided ā€˜what the duckā€™ and released it.

He had a record of it sung by Richard Harris (old luvvie actor) which was beautifully terrible. They had to draft in backing singers just to sing the one high note he couldnā€™t cope with, but the whole song basically sounded like someone not coping šŸ¤£
That's just like Pearl jam's Yellow Ledbetter, except Eddie Vedder just recorded a collection of pleasing sounds he now changes at every gig because be can.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Thompson Twins were on old Top Of The Pops earlier (Xmas 83)

there are no new ideas, just repurposed ones

IMG_1998.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
As for the bleach thing, oh my god. I thought table salt instead of epsom salts was bad but this is absolutely insane. What next? If you can't find a pencil, simply go to a church, remove part of the lead from the roof and write with that?
I was minding my business...

(Sorry, but with this and the bloody awful poetry, I just had to get him in somewhere!)

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
Inspired by the Frau upthread who said the thread title made them think of Trainspotting, I give you:

Sideboard, sideboard
Dirty grey bra on 'board
On the top of 'board
She was a posing Jack
She was a filtered Jack
And tears Rish
And all in your bungahouse Jack
You had
Cooper, Jack
Content, Jack
You had tramadol, Jack
Duped those so close to you
Jack and you just grift Jack
She said please pay me, please pay me
They gave to you, Jack

(Repeat)

Let your rewards slip, Jack
But never your funds, Jack
Random tweets all hours high density random
Sue Lee, sue Martin, grift high density
Squigs are your drug, Jack
Speak to them and twist out
Every last pound they've got
You're getting rich, Jack
Big big time, Jack
Teemill grift, Jack
Shirts and totes and tees and shirts and totes
And forgetting the comma, Jack
You like your income, Jack
It flows in like a river
In spate

You've got a jumpsuit on
You're so filtered up and fillered out
Portrait mode and earrings
Claw-like hand and fun times
On the Tattle forum
And fraus and everything
On the many threads
And forming the Canal.

And look at me, Dad
Selling all at a house
sale at Thorpe Bay in Southend
I just come out of the food
bank in to the bright
media at-
tention
Shouting
Paypal Paypal Paypal Paypal
Shouting
Paypal Paypal Paypal Paypal
Shouting
Paypal Paypal Paypal
Shouting
Donate to my tip jar
Donate to my tip jar
Donate to my tip jar
Donate to my
Shouting Paypal Paypal Paypal Paypal
Donate to my tip jar
Donate to my tip jar
So many pointless things to do
In the bungalow
Jack going back to Southend
Donate, donate, donate, going back to Southend
Look at how I'm having fun
I know why I'm on my way
To a new life of
Grifting.

I think it just about scans. Mr F is looking at me like I've gone totally bonkers!
Arise, queen, for you have won the Internet today

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Thompson Twins were on old Top Of The Pops earlier (Xmas 83)

there are no new ideas, just repurposed ones

View attachment 2657124
I was watching that earlier and was shocked, shocked to see a band of women in traaazers. Not just traaazers either, full suits, the kind which would have caused a scene at Jackā€™s relatives wedding had a woman worn one.

IMG_6141.jpeg

Perhaps they didnā€™t have TOTP in Southend in the 80s.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I was watching that earlier and was shocked, shocked to see a band of women in traaazers. Not just traaazers either, full suits, the kind which would have caused a scene at Jackā€™s relatives wedding had a woman worn one.

View attachment 2657170

They would have had a conniption, Boy George was on, reminding me of my Nan quipping ā€œyou canā€™t tell if this one is a fella or a manā€ in a hilarious self-own incident in Xmas 83

• Haha
Reactions: 47
She was a tiny crying little thing, the driver must have thought she was running away! Like a child. Donā€™t you think sheā€˜s like a little poppet, a smol pixie of a thing!
A tiny crying thing you say? Let's ask Dumbledore and Mickey Bricks what they think shall we?
picture-youtube-screengrab-1.jpg

MV5BMzg1MDVlYzQtNmFjMy00MWFjLWIxMWYtMzNkMGY0YmQxYjYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 32

The Richard Harris version is the only one which is vaguely listenable, because, being a luvvie actor, its so over the top as to be hilarious. Anyone trying to do it seriously is dire.

And the worst line is arguably "between the parted pages and were pressed / in love's hot fevered iron / like a stripƩd pair of pants".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Just checked the list - no NY honour for Mx Dr Dr this time.

Surprisingly she wasn't one of the 11 nominated by Truss. Pretty sure the dire potatoes were during the brief tenure of Liz.
There's a joke in there somewhere about a lettuce and dire potatoes but it eludes me.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

View attachment 2657170

The one in the middle is doing a better Cillian Murphy than guest does

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.