Jack Monroe #541 First do no honk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We like the food redistribution because it’s not free, you do pay for it, you’re not potentially taking food out of the mouth of someone needier from a food bank, and saving food from landfill (potentially). We also don’t get it every single week.
we don’t use olio either as we don’t have a car so same thing as you, I wouldn’t walk far to get it and I’d forget to look at it anyway, probably!
There's a social supermarket near me that charges £5 for a basket of goods worth £20. I've used them a few times -- it's similar to a food bank except that you contribute, it's not free. Quite useful but the goods available are sometimes a bit random. There's only so much pasta and tinned soup a person can eat.

Anyway, your point is to know what's on and how to find lower cost groceries outside the supermarkets and you're right about that.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m hoping I can just lure in enough amazon drivers to reduce my petfood bills atm…we don’t have pets but keep getting hopeful random scrawny wildlife critterlings turning up opportunistically.

Cheese prices seem to have gone absolutely crazy recently. I think I’m going to have to go to the park and wait for a dealer to pop up.

Salmon is a bit pricey really, but a) I have an autoimmune thing and b) am really gullible and overoptimistic, so as soon as I read about the Next Amazing Thing that’ll magically cure it, I leap on the bandwagon for a few weeks until I get disillusioned and move onto trying Epsom Salts or Mammoth Collagen instead…😂
Wait, wut? Our @WoolyMammoth has a skincare range?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The one on the left is him NINE YEARS AGO. Mr Laz had a friend who used to do this. I find it really bleeping offensive.
she done it to us when we bumped into her once, asked a bar man to take a photo, then put it on Facebook without our permission. I almost didn’t recognise myself.

ETA: I say used to do this but I’m certain she still does it. I deleted her from my friends list and Mr Laz doesn’t use SM so I guess I’ll never know. Cow.

FE45DE06-51E1-4CBC-AD3D-5476A23DC2F8.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
The one on the left is him NINE YEARS AGO. Mr Laz had a friend who used to do this. I find it really bleeping offensive.
she done it to us when we bumped into her once, asked a bar man to take a photo, then put it on Facebook without our permission. I almost didn’t recognise myself.

View attachment 2439587
I’m sorry but this is hilarious. I don’t even think it’s a case of over exuberant “portrait mode”, either. I can’t decide what’s worse though - facetuning everyone in a group photo or only doing yourself so everyone else looks rough.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’m sorry but this is hilarious. I don’t even think it’s a case of over exuberant “portrait mode”, either. I can’t decide what’s worse though - facetuning everyone in a group photo or only doing yourself so everyone else looks rough.
She has facetuned the sky and a washing machine before.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I just cant fathom where the moneys gone. What does she have to show for it other than crap lip filler? No home, no car, no holidays, allegedly doesn't drink. Something was the trigger for that reckless HH2, some last ditch attempt at something and to me IVF would fit the bill and tick the boxes.
I honestly can't see it. I see my own mother in her and the way she speaks publicly about SB... I am to blame for ruining her career by showing up. Fairly sure she doesn't want another kid.

I have a question for the canal: when she goes out, for instance to an event or The Groucho or wherever, particularly when she is trying to impress people, do we believe she stands a round, picks up tabs for cabs etc? Or do we think she hangs on tightly to the largesse from her Patreon etc and plays the tightwad /oh so pov card?

I think she must find herself in a quandary in such situations. On the one hand, she wants to be in with the in-crowd and prove she is making a go of it with her 8 books, Grauniad articles etc, and oh what a generous smol pixie I am, aren't I? But on the other, those at the receiving end of her generosity must surely query why she is still after a decade ranting on about solar lights and boiling soap....

So, does she buy rounds or does she plead pov?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Jack hacks - here's a great way to save energy and use one of your numerous spoons collected being a wisp of a tinker.
Screenshot_20230902_230138_Facebook.jpg

Publisher - please don't do this, it is criminal and you probably will die .
*wipes hands of whole mess

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Dear seasoned members of the canal, I’m so sorry to disturb you and derail the thread, but has someone once said to her something like “this is why people cook you on that gossip app” or have I made that up? If I’ve remembered correctly that’s made my day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I’ve been there. 😬

Q: What’s for tea?

A:
1. Ibuprofen
2. Paracetamol
3. Tunnock’s Teacakes
4. Pickled-onion Monster Munch
5. Canned chocolate pudding
6. Instant macaroni as the guilty ‘healthfood’ option.
7. Not Poodles
Ditto menopause monthly shop. Firstly, the list that has usually taken 3 weeks to write is on the kitchen table. Secondly, so are the shopping bags.

This is what usually comes home:

1. Dry Cat food
2. Tinned cat food
3. Cat treats
4. 1 dented tin of sweetcorn that was reduced to 5p at the till
5. 5litre wine box to drown my inadequacies in
6. A receipt (to send to guset)

There's always next month....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Dear seasoned members of the canal, I’m so sorry to disturb you and derail the thread, but has someone once said to her something like “this is why people cook you on that gossip app” or have I made that up? If I’ve remembered correctly that’s made my day.
Thread 391 I think

Reactions: 17
Jack hacks - here's a great way to save energy and use one of your numerous spoons collected being a wisp of a tinker.
View attachment 2439607
Publisher - please don't do this, it is criminal and you probably will die .
*wipes hands of whole mess
What is this actually doing?

(AM NO A NARC OR A GRASS OR A CRIM JUST A BIT THICK SORRY FOR SHOUTING)

• Haha
Reactions: 29
We like the food redistribution because it’s not free, you do pay for it, you’re not potentially taking food out of the mouth of someone needier from a food bank, and saving food from landfill (potentially). We also don’t get it every single week.
we don’t use olio either as we don’t have a car so same thing as you, I wouldn’t walk far to get it and I’d forget to look at it anyway, probably!
It sounds like something we need here (deeply remote area, many struggling). There isn't a restaurant or shop within walking distance for anybody not in the heart of the villages to pick up food going spare at the end of the day, so much of it goes to chickens and the odd pig or two, or on compost heaps to grow more veg to sell in the local shops. There must be food going out of date though.... I'm going to look further into this.

BTW to those saying they are having to cut out salmon etc.... You lucky, lucky barstewards!!!! It has taken me just over 6 weeks to finally achieve my dream of scrambled eggs on toast where the eggs didn't float, or the butter hadn't turned into some strange blue cheese thing or the bread wasn't stale. bleeping achievement to get all 3 ingredients here at the same time AND have not run out of gas to cook with!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I honestly can't see it. I see my own mother in her and the way she speaks publicly about SB... I am to blame for ruining her career by showing up. Fairly sure she doesn't want another kid.

I have a question for the canal: when she goes out, for instance to an event or The Groucho or wherever, particularly when she is trying to impress people, do we believe she stands a round, picks up tabs for cabs etc? Or do we think she hangs on tightly to the largesse from her Patreon etc and plays the tightwad /oh so pov card?

I think she must find herself in a quandary in such situations. On the one hand, she wants to be in with the in-crowd and prove she is making a go of it with her 8 books, Grauniad articles etc, and oh what a generous smol pixie I am, aren't I? But on the other, those at the receiving end of her generosity must surely query why she is still after a decade ranting on about solar lights and boiling soap....

So, does she buy rounds or does she plead pov?
She's tight as a ducks arse, all her money is hers as a bulwark against the indignity and trauma of briefly claiming benefits between brewstied birds. So no. She's in the bog or taking an urgent call when it's her round.

Reactions: 24
I know we don't know what she's got squirrelled away in 1 of the accounts she doesn't screenshot aswell but somethings gone very wrong with her forever home plans so I don't think it'd be enough for a cash buy. Could deffo be enough for a fat deposit though. It just seemed like HH2 was for something in particular in a panic with all its extreme detail.
I suspect there are a couple of things going on. There’s no way in the world she’d have let the anniversary (and the ten year anniversary at that) of Hunger Hurts pass by without an anniversary post really ramping up the histrionics last year. She’d already done anniversary posts in a number of other years that had started to become increasingly lurid, lie strewn and exaggerated (see: You don’t batch cook when you’re suicidal, 2020). HH2 isn’t really much of a step up from that grift and lying-wise, other than it being so melodramatic it’s basically nonsensical.

I think she was seriously grifting for a house last year. There was Teemill, the Nigella bump, three lurid lengthy blog posts about her weary bones that were blatant tin rattles,
IMG_4109.jpeg
IMG_4108.jpeg
Then came Sue Lee, “practice mortgage appointments” and then this
IMG_4107.jpeg

I think she fully believed Harold was her key to that house, FFS she breadcrumbed it and weddings incessantly. HH 2022 was also a giant desperate beg because he’d become wise to how bleeping dreadful she actually is and pissed off, dashing her plans of getting knocked up/married/a house bought for her.

Then there’s the double FOREVER HOME grift in the front and back of Grifty Kitchen and all the other times she rattled the tin about her extortionate rent and desire for a forever home. She went on and on (and on and on) about mortgages and forever homes last year. What she actually spunked all that cash on and how much is left is a mystery, but I think that’s why she was grifting it all.

I’d forgotten about this thread title ❤😂
IMG_4110.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 51

The

The brown wires are the live - 1 goes up to the meter, measures the current /electrickery passing through, whizzes the counter round to rip you off extortionately, then comes down from the meter to supply your house. Blue is neutral to stop the whole caboodle short-circuiting. (think blue = negative, brown =positive). The spoon carries the current from the incoming supply straight to the house supply without going near the meter. It is a very bad idea to try this (unless you know what you are doing, and fancy 3 hots and a cot when caught!).

Edited cos I had a totally menopausal moment of what bleeping colour is brown?!!! Going to pour wine.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.