Jack Monroe #541 First do no honk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only way she could upstage a bride is by that nose blocking her out her own wedding photos. I'm sure we'd have heard all about it if she ever was a wedding guest. She'd have done a goalie dive for the bouquet with her hands covered in superglue for a start. Tell everyone she could've made the wedding cake for £1.45. Crashed the 1st dance in her leotard. Tell everyone the bride and groom have requested any kind gifts of money be collated through her PayPal please.
---

I hate the way she uses her hands when she talks, its very unnatural. Like she's practiced it in a mirror. You can't say anything to the students you ego maniac clown. You would never have gotten near a uni on merit or hard work. You do not belong there. You are a fraud and a scammer leeching off peoples good intentions.
---

'High heels and higher hemlines' clearly pilfered from somewhere. Also where? Have never seen her in a short skirt even though she's proud enough of her pins to post them in her grundies. 'Firebrand' must be code for used the death of his disabled child to point score over a grieving father cos she hasn't done anything else that's rocked any political boats.
You really have to question the decision to have her make that speech to people who EARNED their (insert academic award). What were they thinking? I’d have heckled her and I’m not one to shout and upset the status quo, but “what the duck?!!” wouldn’t have been contained.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Not been in a good place last few days so a lot of catching up to do.
One of my cats got hit by a car and we had to make the difficult decision to have him put to sleep. He was just a baby. The whole situation was just terrible and while I know we did the right thing, letting him go being loved and cuddled and talked to. I'm just an awful mess.

Just how Jack could watch that poor kitten suffer and then monetize it? Makes me livid.

Sorry for the depressing post.
All my sympathies. I'm so so sorry for your loss.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
As Dido put it "you think you're complicated / deep mystery to all / but it's taken me a while to see / you're not so special / all energy no meaning / with a lot of words / you think misery will make you stand / apart from the crowd / well if you'd walked past me today / I wouldn't have picked you out"
I blame social media for the amount of Main Characters we have now. It's as though people are performing their lives rather than living them. A plate of food is put in front of them and the phone immediately comes out to post it. Photos are no longer for remembering a great day with friends but for peacocking your fabulous life where you're having all of the fun. I'm convinced certain events are only for social media like these godawful gender reveals that are suddenly a thing. All for those ego stroking likes. So many people aren’t present in their own lives anymore, they're just recording them. At a concert that artist they love is right in front of them and they're still looking at them through a screen to post their clips later.

The dopamine hits and validation is the real addiction someone like Jack has. You can curate an online life that bears no relation to your real one as she's done for a decade with her bae caught me sleeping/tangle of limbs/SB insisted on taking this pic/fake anecdotes.

I've wondered whether we're doing something similar to SM on here but I don't think we are. We're anon, we don't know each others names or faces and the posts aren't even about us let alone about show boating the life we want people to see.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Hold on - maybe she thinks being owned by her will make it valuable again. Like how idiots will pay a fortune for a signed football shirt or whatever.

Oh this bag? Why's it on a plinth, you ask? Yes well it was once owned by the great TV chef and champion of the poor, Dr. Dr. Jack Monroe PhD PhD! Yes I know, I couldn't believe my luck! To think, her saintly heavily tattooed butch hands once fondled these very flaps - hands that had tattoos and made food for her lover and made love and worked 200 hour weeks to bring us the Vastly Bloated Insanity! Yes, that's Sainsbury's Basics whisky you can smell - but get a little closer and you'll get the soft, peripatetic scent of scant chickpeas (3p/100g) and plenty of black pepper! Yes, it was extremely expensive but well, it was an investment, you know. The V&A wanted it but I snapped it up because She Does So Much Good. Look inside - genuine pumble crumbs! Oh, but no, don't touch that bit- you'll smudge the biro doodles! I know, it's charming isn't it. It says "more jam mummy jam and bread mummy", isn't that adorable? Here, I'll pop it back in the humidor. Must make sure and preserve the integrity of those fingerprints - I'm told it's the only record in the world of hummus made with beetroot AND prunes! Sell it? I could never. Well... what were you thinking? I've got my eye on a cheeky Burberry scarf that's still stained from the puddle and is rumoured to contain genuine dried satsuma peel and table salt (2p, Asda Essentials)...
Is it too early for a THREAD TITLE NOMINATION?

her saintly heavily tattooed butch hands once fondled these very flaps 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
She likes high heels and higher hemlines, except when it's time for the call handlers' passing out parade, then it's all about the humiliating trousers.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I blame social media for the amount of Main Characters we have now. It's as though people are performing their lives rather than living them. A plate of food is put in front of them and the phone immediately comes out to post it. Photos are no longer for remembering a great day with friends but for peacocking your fabulous life where you're having all of the fun. I'm convinced certain events are only for social media like these godawful gender reveals that are suddenly a thing. All for those ego stroking likes. So many people aren’t present in their own lives anymore, they're just recording them. At a concert that artist they love is right in front of them and they're still looking at them through a screen to post their clips later.

The dopamine hits and validation is the real addiction someone like Jack has. You can curate an online life that bears no relation to your real one as she's done for a decade with her bae caught me sleeping/tangle of limbs/SB insisted on taking this pic/fake anecdotes.

I've wondered whether we're doing something similar to SM on here but I don't think we are. We're anon, we don't know each others names or faces and the posts aren't even about us let alone about show boating the life we want people to see.
Foxy V... this this this!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
No one is a bon vivant or gourmand at 103 pounds or whatever ridiculous weight she decided to dub herself.
Especially as 95% of that 103 pounds (approx) has got to be retained constipation excrement because of all the Tramadol she's constantly consuming (by her own account).
---
If you did it would look even more like SA on the dinosaur
---
Oh Gawd! I can't unseemly this now!

What an innocent I am was!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I googled “high heels and even higher hemlines” and you couldn’t make this up. From Harpers Bazaar 2014 😂
IMG_8733.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Here’s another one. A phrase that absolutely perfectly describes WAGS and Guest.
IMG_8734.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
You have just reminded me of the truly wonderful “Get Stuffed” - a lot of it was dire but goodness me there were some bangers every now and again 😂😂
"Beany Pie" is still a staple fave 🍉 in my and my children's houses!

Reactions: 10
Would not surprise me one bit if this woman even took pictures of her own shits because she thought they were superior to everyone else’s
She once live-tweeted them

Anyone remember when she assumed Naga Munchetty’s name meant hot like a naga chilli 🤣 that ticked me. Fkin idiot.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31

It’s so disappointing when you meet someone new in real life who you really like and then you discover they are very active on social media. Social media has changed my opinion of so many people.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.