Jack Monroe #535 Sic Transit Gloria

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It absolutely is complicated, and I often think about my friend in particular - like I said in my post, I actually don't think she can work. Not for the physiological reasons she says she can't, but I suspect she is so high conflict she is not capable of maintaining the sort of professional relationships required to hold down a job long term. Like Jack she has a superficial appeal and charm that will see her through the initial stages of whatever task she has to do, but it can't be maintained and although they're both cunts IMO, I'm not sure that anyone would choose the lives they have if they had the capacity for something else? I don't know what I'm trying to say - like Jack, my friend had many things handed to her (perfect marriage, family, husband who supported her) but she cheated and lied and manipulated and threw it away and that seems to be the only way she knows how to operate. Should she starve or be homeless because of that, and should her children? No, I don't think so, so as much as I harbour bitterness towards people like this (having had my life destroyed by them), I don't think that precludes them from basic humanity and support and I agree with you. My own mother was also a terrible human being, but that didn't mean me and my brothers should have suffered any more by being denied the basic means to exist.

I have, however, had a wine and I'm feeling generous. I'm struggling with my own severe trauma-related issues (my therapist grassed me up to the crisis team 😭) and I'm lucky to have a great job where nobody notices if I disappear for a week in the midst of a breakdown, but I'm pretty much alone and live in constant fear of being found out and ending up homeless under a bridge. So I'm aware it can happen to anyone, I guess. And I'll stop rambling now. There but for the grace of God (or the universe, or whatever) go I, etc.

I love everyone's thoughtful replies in this thread.
Sending you lots of love @nothanksbabes and to anyone else struggling, for whatever reason, on this thread.

I love the canal, even though I’ve not been here very long - yes we have a laugh at Jack’s antics, and the memes and photoshops are *chefs kiss*
But it’s also a place of support and helping one another. Of listening to the opinions of others and replying with respect ( see Jack! It CAN be done) without it resorting to an internet bunfight.

So to those of us finding live hard at the moment, keep going, keep fighting and know that the canal is here to cheer you up with a George Michael / Big Dave picture when you need it most ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 31
She's probably annoyed that the Joanna Cherry event in the same series sold out and is going to performatively 'show solidarity with the venue staff' by cancelling 'in protest'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
@Dr Dr Guest I think she's pulled out (matron).

There's no way she's sold every ticket overnight . I reckon she was never intending on coming anyway, and the poor ticket sales have reinforced that decision

She'll blame it on bad mentals, or say she's had death threats and that her security would cost too much
She could have a 1 person show detailing all the dramalama in her DMs that she keeps private 🤣 she could play herself, reading all the messages from her trolls, her stans, her land lady and her lovers. It would be great fiction!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
She could have a 1 person show detailing all the dramalama in her DMs that she keeps private 🤣 she could play herself, reading all the messages from her trolls, her stans, her land lady and her lovers. It would be great fiction!!
A likeable, funny person could really pull that off.

Shame.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Does anyone remember the friends episode with the one woman monologue at the comedy show ‘why doesn’t anyone like me?’ That would be it….

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I would just like to point out, as a middle class hole myself, that a) my money is also hard-earned and b) I would never give money to Jack or anyone of her ilk and I struggle to think of anyone I know who would. Naivety and lack of critical thinking is not a class thing. We know from the squigs in her pathetic comments club that she has plenty of working class supporters too.

Sorry if this comes across as grumpy but I get a bit annoyed at the narrative that only middle class do-gooders with more money than sense are stupid enough to fall for the grift.
Points well made, tender one. Fools who are easily parted from their money come from across the spectrum.

Reactions: 21
It seems so strange to do a noon slot on a Monday as your only appearance. Comedians, performers and artists have been saying for years how expensive it is to perform at the Fringe, paying their own accommodation etc, at a time when everything is at peak prices.

if she does show up, it’ll be travelling tomorrow at the latest, overnight accom, to talk to a half empty room before travelling all the way back down to Southend again.

even if she was someone worth seeing, that’s a big ask isn’t it?

Reactions: 37
She’s gained another Patron! Seriously, who is signing away their money every month for literally nothing? Why not just set fire to it instead? Or, you know, give it to a charity that actually does some good?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Jack's patreons:
broke-fairlyoddparents.gif

What is it exactly that they think did she does?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
she does show up, it’ll be travelling tomorrow at the latest, overnight accom, to talk to a half empty room before travelling all the way back down to Southend again.

She won't be in Southend, though? Surely she's been ensconced in a bothy in Glen Coe with wee SB all summer, living off heather and wild haggis?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
just wanted to acknowledge this and say everything is okay and I am also sorry for causing upset! 🧡

on topic, headlines in tomorrow’s Edinburgh papers as news spreads of suspicious last minute ticket sales of niche food blogger fringe show (I tried to photoshop the jackadder selfie over trump but the photoshop app demanded I PAY for the upgraded version so that I could do this so you’ll all just have to imagine it instead):

View attachment 2374390
Oh I know it's too early now but PLEASE can someone nom 'guset allies accuse canal of HONK interference' for you know what at 500 because CRYING

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
She's probably annoyed that the Joanna Cherry event in the same series sold out and is going to performatively 'show solidarity with the venue staff' by cancelling 'in protest'.
Don't give her ideas . . . 🤣

But yes - I think she'll pull some twatty, face-saving trick.
---
She sang at a small local festival with Billy Bragg here in Westcliff at Chalkwell Park. Enjoy dear heart.
I was there. I was slightly in awe of her at the time.

I was slightly in awe of her at the time.

I hope you know better now. (She whinged off that Billy Bragg thing for yonks)

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
It seems so strange to do a noon slot on a Monday as your only appearance. Comedians, performers and artists have been saying for years how expensive it is to perform at the Fringe, paying their own accommodation etc, at a time when everything is at peak prices.

if she does show up, it’ll be travelling tomorrow at the latest, overnight accom, to talk to a half empty room before travelling all the way back down to Southend again.

Hi Lazarus. Having seen what a tough couple of weeks you have had, I've got you a gift. A few gifts really. A national express return ticket to Edinburgh. A buy one get one free ticket for guest's talk. A tent to sleep in on Sunday night. And a gift voucher for Dishoom. I don't know where you work so couldn't directly ask your manager for leave but I've pinned a note up at Liverpool's train stations and airports as follows: "can Mr and Mrs Laz have day off Monday and an extra one to recover on Tuesday plz thanks love Wooly?"

Have a lovely time! 😂🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Simpler times...

I've just rushed downstairs to save a poor baby pigeon from marauding magpies, to find that it was a red and grey "work glove".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
Hi Lazarus. Having seen what a tough couple of weeks you have had, I've got you a gift. A few gifts really. A national express return ticket to Edinburgh. A buy one get one free ticket for guest's talk. A tent to sleep in on Sunday night. And a gift voucher for Dishoom. I don't know where you work so couldn't directly ask your manager for leave but I've pinned a note up at Liverpool's train stations and airports as follows: "can Mr and Mrs Laz have day off Monday and an extra one to recover on Tuesday plz thanks love Wooly?"

Have a lovely time! 😂🤣
Thank you so much dear heart. That’s EXACTLY what we need to mend our broken hearts.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28

Have a lovely time! 😂🤣
That should do it.

Covers all bases, I think.

Enjoy yourselves Laz, courtesy of Wooly.

(Not quite sure what you did to Wooly to deserve this sort of "tickets for guest's talk" treatment , but as you know "the mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven" yadayada, so i'm sure you'll have a good time.)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.